DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good sunday morning you all,Floyd thats a cool looking trailer,and the UTV up front,we have one that looks alot like that at the farm/junkyard that we use daily,prutty handy.................. Smile....................

Christina,where you at girl,hope the bares didn't lock you in the cabin,hope all is well.................. Praying.........................

Mannie had alot better b-ball game sat. morning,the wh@le team played real good and won handily................. not worthy.............................

Well prayers to you all and lets keep all our friends in our prayers and prayers to all my drr family.................. Praying hug Wave.......................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
Time for another work week.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Glad you got the pic Floyd lol!! Can't believe the weekend is over Frown

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning,It's bound to be monday,cause my pill boxes is empty.lol,can't believe how fast they get empty........................

Ball game went well lastnight,it was fun to watch,just glad it was'nt a blowout,or like the pro-bowl,a flag football game has more hitting than a pro-bowl game.............but they sure did some hitting in the SB it was exciting to watch........................

Prayers to all this monday morning,and have a great day ya'll................... Praying Wave.......................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Another weekend flew by... how does that happen? I did get to go shopping before the game yesterday. Summit sent me $50 off if I ordered $250 or more in parts, so I got my new Kirkey seat and cover, saved almost $100 with the coupon and Pro Shop discount. I love going that kind of shopping! Except when you're actually there, you want to buy everything! Good game yesterday, glad the Giants won. Some funny commercials. I like the Chevy truck one, after the apocolypse, mostly because one of my best friends is a Ford everything guy, and we'll tease him. We're already planning on taking Twinkies with us next time we see him. Big Grin

Still missing our prodigals, Nicole, Ken, and now Christina? What's up with that?

Sunny and warm here today, mid 40s, sure is nice to see clear blue skies. It's making me want to race. One of the PRP guys went down to Immokalee and won TD Saturday, Winternationals are next week, along with our practice tree race, I was at Summit yesterday... the jonesing is setting in! Eek

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all! well, not mornin but close enough.

Damn, I gotta go back to work tomorrow. These weekends are getting shorter everyday. Not only that but I gotta work friday so I'm going to miss the first day of the winternationals.

Worked on the trailer and got it cleaned out. My boy uses it as a storage shed. There was 15 gals of c16 and 5 cases of oil in it that I don't use. Did the tires, greased the bearings and all I've got left to do is change the oil in the UTV.
Mike, it's a Chuck Wagon. I bought it about 4 years ago when I got tired of climbing on a quad to go pick up Marty after he went down the track. It's got a 11 hp Honda that pulls his car with no problem. And it will sit 5 people if I drop the tail gate. We dolled it up with some decals, stereo, aluminum wheels and a windshield. And it was less than half the price of a stripped Rhino. I paid 4200 bucks for it brand new. Been well worth the money.

Y'all have a gooden. hug to all the ladies.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4818 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning ya'll,Floyd thats what ours is a Chuckwagon,you'res is just pruttier, Wink.......our's has had a rough life in the junkyard............. Big Grin...............

Sitting in line at the scales at Statesville once again this morning,got on one of the old buses I've been aiming to haul for awhile,don't know whats got into me,with this cleaning up stuff, Hum...........could have something to do with maybe racing............ Car....................

Prayers all around and have a nice day................. Praying Wave.............................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mike, ours doesn't see anything but drag strip and the pits.

By goodscotch at 2010-12-29

Posts: 4818 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
It's Humpday! The weekend is getting closer.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning,Floyd thats the same Chuckwagon as ours,they're pretty good little trucks,I also have a JD Gator that is pretty handy,around the farm I think they're neat..............

Mouse hows that knee doing,hopefully ok............. Praying.....................

Sure hope all our mia's are doing ok,prayers all around,ya'll have a nicen............... Praying hug Wave......................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Winter is showing itself this week. Snowing right now, and highs this weekend are going to be mid 20s, lows getting close to single digits. That's ok... got the tree race to keep me warm Saturday, and my friends' kids' birthday party to keep me warm Sunday.

Y'all know if I ever get me a Vista Cruiser to drag race, I'm naming it the Chuckwagon, right?? Big Grin Laughing

Christine, no whining about the weather, just get to the tree race Saturday!

I know our missing persons are out there!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Jim Abate
posted Hide Post
quote:

81 AND SUNSHINE :ONE OF YOUR BOYS CAME IN THE BACK YARD HERE AND WON TD,AT THE PRO AM,HAVE YOU BEEN GIVING OUT TIPS.... Hum

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jim Abate,

Posts: 56 | Location: fort myers | Registered: January 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Well, once again, it has been one Hell of a few weeks.

My chemo treatment is all screwed up, and I am off all of it for the next couple weeks. My original chemo drugs are unavailable, so I was on a new drug for a few weeks. One of the side effects of the new stuff is blistering of the palms of the hands, and bottom of the feet. Well, my feet started going South, so they stopped all chemo until the end of the month.

But, in the mean time, I had another cysto yesterday. All the labs were perfect, and my bladder is tumor free for about a year now, so that is good. And again, But, I mentioned that I was having some discomfort in my lower abdomin and they did a bunch of new tests to discover that I now have Acute ,Diverticulitis. Spent the whole night in the ER while they did a lot more tests, and pumped me full of all kinds of stuff. This is my first time with this, and it is not perforated, so once again, I am very lucky, and I have all the good people at the VA watching out for me. Glad I don't have to pay for all the treatments I received.

My colon cancer of the liver is stagnant right now. Not shrinking much, but then again, not growing either. There is a very small chance that this will ever be cured, but a good chance that we can keep it at bay for a long time.

I know it sounds whiney, but it sure would be nice if I could put this thing to rest and get on with my life.

And one more thing to say. I am sure blessed with my family. Peggy has trooped thru all this with me and never whined once. All the sleeping in the waiting rooms, the long drives up to San Antonio, the thwarted vacation trips, and never knowing what tomorrow holds. I sure lucked out when she tricked me into marrying her.

All things considered, life is good. With a little luck, we can get backt to Colorado next month and drag the race car back with us. Hope it works out, because I am surely looking forward to running San Antonio Raceway at near sea level.

Well, enough for now. I'll be back to annoy y'all again

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey ken, it don't sound like whinin to me at all. I'm thinkin of you, pal, I had 2 good friends come down with the big C and one of them made it and one of them didn't. My next door neighbor is about to check out from lung cancer so, buddy, you are in my prayers. I know I'm not alone in this.
Praying Angel hug

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang.
Y'all have a great day.
Prayers for all.
See ya later.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR S/Pro
Picture of rooster_439
posted Hide Post
good morning boys and girls Smile

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” Dr.Seuss

Posts: 4191 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
morning gang and Rooster...

You are not whining Ken, wow...it's so easy for us to think of you and send prayers not really realizing all you are going through, really puts our little life 'problems' into perspective. Sounds like you have a wonderful woman by your side, please know my heart, prayers and thoughts are with you guys..and we are here for you anytime.

I don't want to hear it Chuck, 3 points at the buzzer smh...dang it UNC blew that...

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,good to hear from you Ken,our prayers are always here for you my friend,I think I can speak for all the prayer warriors here on the Drr GM thread,we don't call it whinning we call it living,tough times and illness make our person stronger,me I admire you for your courage,to many time folks think they have to be tough and make it through these tough times all alone,why do I know this,well just say I have personal experience with this thing................ Wink..................God Bless you and ol whats her name J/K,never ever forget that post that day still makes me laugh................... Big Grin...................

Chuck,it has cooled off here to,I wore shorts up till yesternight(MT)but this morning my legs felt cool so long pants it is......... crying......................I can only think warm so long,and then reality sits in................... Hum......... Tongue.......................

Got a little story to tell this morning,as I have been reporting,I've been hauling alot to Statesville the last month,the other morning,I was traveling down the road and got to thinking about my Dad and how we always traveled together and how bad I missed him,and how I think about Nikki and Mark and Guy and Bob and all the folks that have passed on since we have been here together on the thread.
And this day like alot of others I stopped at the Buger Barn in Union Grove,N.C. to get BF,and feeling kinda sad and thinking of all our friends that have gone on,the lady hands me my ticket no.for my order,and it was 53,and well I thought of Christine,and saved the ticket,and that morning while waiting at the gate to weigh at Statesville I noticed the mail box for the business there and their address was the no.1300,never noticed that before,and the no.13 is my faverite no.just seemed I was getting comforted by my friends.
Then yesterday feeling again kinda sad,stopped at the same place again,BB for BF(is this kinda like texting)and the order no.was 13,so my heart was warmed again,now some will say just one of them things,but to me more than that,it seems all my friends that are gone on are saying hang in bud,it's all ok,makes my heart warm again,God Bless all.................... hug...................

Prayers all around may friends and my your day be as fine as can be............ Praying hug Wave..............................

Oh,Michelle is the wind blowing up there,just seem two slicks and a couple of kids toys blow by............ Eyes Ice Cream................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Sun is out here, giving us a little warm up to maybe 40 today, but we'll soon be back in the 20s. S'ok, this is winter.

Slow, yep, Rich Coury made the tow down with the Cars Protection Plus team and picked up the Iron Man over Labbous Jr's .001 red in the final. Some days you get the bear.... Big Grin

Ken, really good to hear from you. You're definitely not whining. We've all been wondering how your health is, and hoping and praying it's been good. You have a great attitude, and I sure hope you beat this thing. Keep up the good fight!

Rooster!

Michelle, go Duke! Worst part is, I was starting to fade in the second half, and went UNC went up 12, I thought, man, they're just too tough tonight, and fell asleep. I woke up and had to catch Sportscenter to see the ending, wow!

Hi Mike! Wave I hear what you're saying. Not a day goes by that I don't think of our friends here, and family that I'm missing. I wish I had gotten the chance to meet Guy in person, like I met Bob, and Bob Jr. That's one of the good things about this internet thing. It can lay some good groundwork down to meet good people, even if it's only on the screen. Though... I still say, when Susie and Mark move to TN, the first GM DRR Reunion will have to take place! Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
I guess I'm going to give them a few hours of overtime today. I think it's stupid, but oh well.
Mike, the knee is doing ok. It still hurts, but it's slowly getting better.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing