DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Fern, we seem to collect more stuff as we get older.
My boy just bought a place that pushed all his buttons on his wish list.
A new house on a acre of land with a 24'x60' building with 3 14x14 doors, 2 offices and mezzanine. His wife got a pool with a waterfall that she wanted so they are happy. I'm perfectly content with where I'm at.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I like my place also. Sit on the porch and see nothing but cows, and a couple of Llamas. No neighbors, HOAs, Zoneing, shootings, the list goes on. No one complains about the noise my race car makes or the fact that I have several vehicles, a motor home and a farm tractor and have them parked wherever. Our in town house has all the things I hate--but we did escape an HOA there! But this place does take a lot of upkeep and I ain't getting no younger. You all stay safe

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
I'm perfectly content with where I live. My kids want me to downsize but why should I? I'm on a cul de sac and have great neighbors who all watch out for each other. I don't need this much space, 2400 ftsq, 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms but it's been mine for 36 years so I'll stay here forever.
The neighbors never complain about me starting up the hay hauler and it's a nice quiet street to go for rides in the mini truck.
If nothing else my kids will reap a hell of a reward when I do check out. This will probably be my only legacy.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hey I forgot to mention that in rain and snow (we have some now and then)I don't get wet and my feet don't get dirty getting into my daily driver. BUT--supposed to go race at Rockingham and its raining and supposed to last till Sunday---maybe. But its still a good life here

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
We are in the same boat. Supposed to rain most of the day tomorrow. That's okay though, Jose just finished the yard work. LOL

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
NHRATV.COM is live at the Vegas division double and it is very wet. Looks like it quit raining but they got a lot of water to get rid of.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
They finally got the Vegas race started 6 hrs late and the 4th pair of s/st oiled most of the left lane.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well I didn't go to Rockingham last night because it was raining and supposed to rain all day today. Get up this morning and still raining here but it looks like no rain at the Rock. I am 50mi away! Guess I'll load up and race Sunday--maybe!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to find out how they ended up at Vegas yesterday. I didn't make it past first rd before I switched it off. Had to go get cow juice and fix dinner.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
DRR doesn't show anything but Pacific Division fb page say's the finished rd 2 and are starting back up right about now. Going to mix in qualifying for the 2nd race during eliminations today.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Morning Y'all,

I had a very interesting evening last night. I got a very surprising visit from my children all of them at the same time. I can't remember us all being together at the same time before.
This included 1 daughter that I haven't see in 20 years and her kids which included my new great grandaughter, my other 2 daughters and my son. All the grand kids were there except 3 that are out of state.
I was at a total loss for words. 5 of them came in from Arizona just to surprise me.
We had a fantastic dinner at my favorite restaurant and had about 3 hours of eating and catching up. I'll never forget the evening.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Great looking family there Floyd. You are a lucky man. By the way, Dragracecentral has all the round by round results from yesterdays division race up now.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qtrrcr:
Great looking family there Floyd. You are a lucky man. By the way, Dragracecentral has all the round by round results from yesterdays division race up now.

Thank you. You can't believe how happy last night made me. I'm still in shock.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Damitt Floyd. That is just great, brings tears to my eyes. Mine have done that twice. Once at 60 and once at 70. No shows at 80 because of Covid. But it don't get no better than that. Nothing better than having the kids, grand kids, and great grand kids at our house.
I did race at Rockingham todyay, well I was there anyway but thats another story.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
It was nobody's birthday. I haven't seen my number 2 daughter in 20 in 20 years. So I didn't see her kids either. My youngest and my son cooked this up as a surprise for me to see my great grand baby. Since we live in different states it's hard to get the logistics and timing worked out but they got it figured out and came up from Arizona to surprise the old man. And they did. It was a total shock and before the evening wore out we mended some fences.
They are going back home tomorrow but are stopping by on their way out of town.
I will never forget this day and what they all did for me.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,

Okay I did it. I went yesterday and got the booster and the flu shot. A little tired last night but everything was good. Safe for another year.
Y'all have a gooden. It's turned really chilly out here.
Blue Man

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Me and the shots are doing ok. Been long enough that if going to be any problem I should have noticed by now. Glad you got them Floyd

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Me and the shots are doing ok. Been long enough that if going to be any problem I should have noticed by now. Glad you got them Floyd

Us old guys gotta take care of ourselves.
Right

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon, you guys sound like you’re doing good. I’m just sitting here servicing the car no race until maybe Thanksgiving, but there’s always something to be done. I’m thinking to go inside and watch the million for a while. Just checking in hoping everyone is good.

You all take care of yourselves! Relaxing make my chocolate shake a tall one.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post