DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,

If it stops raining you can get into the 10K race now that the car is all fixed. clapping

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I'm going to watch it on Motormania. Wave to the camera.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd I was there till they finished yesterdays deal. My driver was a little off today. Forgot to turn on the shifter and lost bought back and red lighted. Done. I came home. He is on his own tomorrow. Hey I did wave at the camera, my friend was at the beach and saw me. Big Grin

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
The question is, did the car get fixed?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
car is fixed

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
car is fixed

Awesome! Who would have thought it had a magnet fall out somehow?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4020 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
That's great . Take a lot off your shoulders.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
sure had me whipped

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I must not have been watching when you waved. I didn't turn it on till later.
Glad you got it done and are satisfied.
L8R

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sunday car is ok driver not so much--Done

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
4 days MIA. Been hot as he!! here. 100 right now but I have been in my ac garage working on my car. Dumb stuff but after the drama with the crank trigger I am going over everything I am capable of doing. Keeps me out of the sun. Later

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern,

Hot out here too but it happens every year about this time.
Preventative maintenance is never a bad thing. Personally I would worry about that 2 tach deal you were talking about. A buddy of mine had his go bad and it was like looking for that needle to find the problem.
Stay cool.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Never checked it today Floyd but I will. With 2 of them maybe one will work

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I have been running the same Autometer Sport Comp for years and it's never been a problem. I use the MSD 2 step and the rpm switch for the shifter and I have had chips go bad in the past.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I was in the garage at 7:30 am after coming in last night around 8. Can't run motor in the garage with the doors shut and it to hot to open later in the day + it lets out the A/C. After remachining the mount and the mounting holes in the alternator, got the timing set right, fan belt on, and both tachs read the same. Checked a couple of other things and came in the house at noon. Still HOT!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern
You take it easy. The car ain't going any where right now and the heat is hard on us old folks. I keep trying to talk my boy into selling the truck but he say's it's family and doesn't want it to go anywhere. It's just sitting in the garage doing nothing and somebody could put it to good use. It's a real nice C10 good straight body, 540 pump gas BB, T400 with brake, full back half Alston Fab 9 housing, wheel tubs, MT slicks on Weld wheels, 8.50 cage and Kirkey seats and new belts. It seems a shame for it to just sit here.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
With all the track closings and the ones that are open hardly running anything lots of real nice cars are sitting. And so many of those that want to sell are to proud to sell for what the market will bring.....and so they sit Frown

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking since it's a '68 short bed, all steel except hood, it oughta bring 35-40 K. It's got a lot more in it. They're getting hard to find.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thats a good looking truck Floyd.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Fern.
I've been working on it for 21 years. This is the original color that it came out with. It's been repainted the same color. All original sheet metal and I still have the original steel hood.