DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Spring is definitely broken. Looking at high 30s this weekend, and we have an inch or so of snow this morning. I sure hope this is the onion snow. I'm also hoping the weather works out for next weekend. Bud McNasby (another Olds racer Big Grin ) is coming to KRP to give his school, and I'm taking it. And I just want to see and hear all the sights and sounds of the track. It's been 5 months! I got the wheels and tires swapped over this week, and the oil drained. I was running out of daylight where I have the car and trailer stored, so I pulled it back in the trailer. I'll button it up this week.

How's the S10 coming along, Mouse?

Nick, when are you racing again?

Fern, looking good! I'm envious you're getting to race. Send some of that weather north!

You all have a great weekend!
Relaxing

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Rained out today Chuck. We drove the Smart car up to MD thursday, 600mi round trip. Little car cruises at 80 like nothing. Snow will melt Chuck. Every one have a good day

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
It’s Monday again.
Y’all have a good one.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Hey Fern, what makes the Smart car smart? Does it drive itself so you can take a nap?
Supposed to get int the low 90's today. Might be a good day for me and Woody to take it easy. like we don't take it easy anyhow.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Smart enough to pass a gas station and cruise at 80mph feeling just like a big car and park anywhere.....sure has surprised me. Cool here today but had a good rain Sat and it washed the pollen off of everything. It was so bad that a walk across the yard produced yellow shoes. Awful.....My friend Richard Alford runner upped at the $50K race yesterday at Darlington. At 5 cars he was .0008 to get the bye to the final. Troy Williams in the FTI test car won. You all have a good day

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning all. Sorry I haven't checked in with you all in awhile. Been real busy recently and about to start a new venture with real estate. Myself and I guess you could call my brother in law are going to be starting to do real estate flipping later this year. We are both agents, different brokers, but going to start with the small places and work our way up. Going to be an exciting and stressful time. Ideally would love for my wife to be able to be stay at home mother.

Less than one month til our third and LAST child is here. Miss you all.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Camaro your gonna do great Smile

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey Good Morning to all, Had a great weekend weather is hot 89-91, but with a nice breeze not a bad couple of days.

Have a great day to All!!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all!! Happy hump day....

clapping

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
had to do some paperwork in Baltimore today. 650mi round trip and did it in 10 1/2 hours total. spent 1/2 hour at lawyers and stopped 2 times so I could be speeding some. Any way might get to race some day. Got to go to WV next week to take care of some more drama then back to Baltimore for a court date. I am about to sell it all and move into the motor home.....anyway, life is good, I think.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I have said it before, "you are wearing me out just reading your posts" Seems you need to sell some of your stuff and enjoy life (I know you already do). I really don't think your like all this driving, well maybe you do.... Sure wish you would race more , I'll be sending you a PM watch for it....

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yes Nick-- Going to WV to try to sell one of those properties. 2br house on 1AC with 600ft frontage on the river where the fishing is good and 1 mi from town. I know what you mean about racing. I remember when I was going 3 sometimes 4 times a week. There are races around I just have conflicting schedules and priorities. Racing is a hobby, not a job. Where is everyone....Got the PM Nick

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning everyone.. LOL........ Its kind of like racing you ever know who's going to show up...work has been just that work....

Fern, glad to here your down sizing a little. House along the river you paint a nice picture, should be and easy sale. Only a few times have I felt racing was a job, I would say 98% of the time being at the track feels more like a vacation be me... But Fern I was never in a place where you could race 3 or 4 times a week. With only 2 tracks in the SW you can race 4 times in a month but that's about it.

Hey Everyone Have A Great Day....

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning and Happy Friday everyone.
Y’all have a good one.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,
We are having chamber of commerce weather out here. If I was still driving we would be racing. The hay hauler isn't fixed yet, we lost a water pump at the March Meet and haven't had time to fix it. I don't even know if the new pump has come in. Marty has a new company added to his line so he now has a full line of suspension parts. He has a mechanic working for him but that boy is also tech service for the Turbosmart line so he's pretty busy. I keep telling him we oughta sell the truck but he say's no. He does like showing it off to his out of country visitors.
Fern, if you are moving to the motorhome it might be time to get a dog. I woud be lost without my Woody.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4817 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd my dog Jack was with me for 18 years and has been gone for 3 yet I miss him every day. No plans for another. Got a lot going on it seems and yes the race car has always been my escape Nick....Got to keep rolling or life will pass you by. You all have a good day

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Fern, I've been told that by my wise father as well, racing is a hobby.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all... freackin wind is bad in SoCa ... Spring Fling is looking like it will have some high winds most days, glad I know how to dial for wind... Should make it a extra challenge, not for the weak at heart. Wonder if the they will go from 1/8 to 330, I mean who has not raced with 41 mph gusts .... LOL

Blue Man

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Floyd my dog Jack was with me for 18 years and has been gone for 3 yet I miss him every day. No plans for another. Got a lot going on it seems and yes the race car has always been my escape Nick....Got to keep rolling or life will pass you by. You all have a good day

Fern, I know what you mean. I missed Buddy so bad that I had to find another pal. I couldn't stand coming home to an empty house and not having anyone to talk to. All is good now.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Michelle won S/C at Galot division race.