DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning guys... nice cool day today ..about 78 but Friday going to 90s and Saturday may hit 100...

Fern , It was great day of racing , To bad Tim Fletcher lost in the semi , I was hoping for a door car in the final....

You all Have A Great one.....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all! Sorry, sometimes it’s a little hard to hop on. Rained out of test and tune tonight, bummer. I keep going red, trying to get deep staging down. We’ll give it more shots in the time trials tomorrow. Car is running great. Don’t think it would have mattered if I was green first round last week, Niki was .010 on the hit and only .001 under. I was holding .03, don’t know if I would have gotten inside that, or forced her into an error. My buddy Rick got his first win since buying his dragster, very cool stuff.

Very cool to see Mia Tedesco win last night at the Fling. I wish she would have won in the door car. That was her uncle Carmen’s street car. She runnered up here at our $5k in it a couple if weeks ago.

You all hang in there. Thinking of XPS Fan/Fred and his family and friends. Further proof life is just too damn short. Go get some ice cream with some good people.
Relaxing

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Evenin' all! I hope you've all had a good weekend. Rained out of test and tune Friday night. I'm trying still to get a handle on the deep staging. Did ok yesterday for a minute, found a .0003 RT in the second time trial and got the bye in round 1. Round 2, went the other way, dead late and done. Rain came in right after, the rest of the classes didn't get to finish round 2. Off to get something to eat and watch the Penguins and Pirates have as little success as I did, but at least I was with friends and having a good time, both at the track and at dinner.

Thoughts and prayers to all those families and friends of fallen racers this weekend, especially Fred/XPS Fan. Frown

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Crap guys totally forgot about this group. My bad. Been very busy here. The new baby came April 25. Her name is Kendall Rose. She's a tiny one compared to the last couple kids.

First index race this weekend.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all ..... weird weekend ... weather hot 103 and all I did was burned a bunch of stuff for the wife (she decided to purge her files)..... LOL Had a race but went to a racers birthday party instead , he turned 30 and I still remember him racing His JR Dragster back in the day....WOW time is flying by...

Chuck, Sounds like you still trying to work out the staging on the new car.... I see a trans brake in you near future....Hahaha

Carmaroracer , I figured your busy ... Congrats on the new baby girl , great job on naming her... Good luck this weekend !!!

You All Have A Great Day.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Guess I been laying low---got to go to the Galot Spring Fling and visit a lot of friends that were there and too see Dalton Parsell win the $50k----what a deal. Guess I will visit Rockingham this Sat if nothing happens. Got to try this mess out before going to Elk Creek for the 3 $20K races. I pre entered but still not sure I can go. To much Drama in my life it seems. 1258 congrats on the new tax deduction, kids are great. Chuck is that car set up for deep? You got to leave like a snail, ask me how I know. Weather here has been awesome--mid 70s and not a cloud in sight.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all here.... How is your hump day going? Weather here in the SW is going to 100 and Thursday 103 , but I see a silver lining as Saturdays temps will be a cool 93 which is making me think "go racing" as the track has a club day with a bunch of clubs I can jump in on.....

Chuck, Your weather has warmed up but I'm seeing some rain coming your way....

Floyd , how you doing ? Have not seen you posting lately , hope your doing good! Did someone say Tri Tip...Hahaha

Fern, Hope you can clear your drama so you can have a little fun racing, Elk Creek sounds great...

Everyone Have A Great Day .....

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,
Been kinda quiet out here on the left coast. The weather hs been great so Woody and I take a couple of rides around the neighborhood in the mini-truck every day so he can say hi to his friends. He really enjoys it.
Y'all have a gooden!

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Looks like the weather will cooperate tonight for a few rounds, points race. Looks pretty uncooperative for tomorrow and Sunday.

1258, congrats!! That's awesome! I hope everyone is healthy and happy.

Nick, 103, and that was a good time for a fire?? It is funny, seeing the kids at the track grow up. I'm staying away from a transbrake until I have no other options. I hope you get to go racing this weekend.

Fern, wish I could make Elk Creek, it's a great deal. Too much going on that weekend here though. Bud McNasby came to KRP last month, and I took his class. I knew I was anticipating when shallow staged, and that he would suggest deep, and he did. Still working it on it. I hit the practice tree a lot this week, hoping it helps. We get 1 time trial tonight, and rain has washed out our test and tunes, been hard to get into a rhythm.

Floyd, sounds like a good and relaxing time for you and Woody. I hope the scotch is smooth. Big Grin

You all have a great weekend! Celebrate the mothers in your life. Go get some ice cream.
Relaxing

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon to all who visit here!!! Not a whole lot going on , my wife just called said the weather station at home shows gust going up as high as 50 MPH....WOW

Its showing 100 degrees right now, but Saturday will still be a cool 93... So if every thing works out right I'll be racing ADRA Super Pro, and its a night race with a gate time of 4 PM.....

Back in early April a fellow racer Bryon Downing (this is the son of Dwight Downing a Champion S/ST racer who passed away a year and a half ago) was rear-ended while sitting at a red light by a car that was traveling over the speed limit in Phoenix. He has had a few surgery's and has got a good fight to get back walking. If and when I win any cash I'm pledging all funds is him.... So Wish me luck for the WIN !!!!

You Guy's Have A Great Weekend.....

Praying

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That's generous Nick---awhile back a few of us on here got together and bought Mike Hawks a power chair so he could get around. Hope he is doing well as we hear nothing from him anymore. Never hurts to help those less fortunate. Loaded for Rockingham in the morning---hope I remember what to do as its been awhile. Invite your friends to DRR, its getting lonely over here

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern , I gave on Mike’s deal it was a very cool on Scott’s part putting that together . I call that good karma , that’s how I get lucky on the track. Got to give back every time you can, is the good feel thing to do , thanks for the kind words!!!

I have friends....LOL I’lL ask around ....hahaha

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well looks like I may be on the way to the track. Up, loaded, and ready if I can just get out the door and get going. Gonna be hot but a/c in motorhome works good. You all have a good day

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all,
As soon as I brag about the nice weather it changed and it's been cool or col everyday and it's rained every morning including right now. The heater in the mini truck must be broke so we been staying inside or going in the big truck, which I had washed on Tuesday. Now it's all water spotted.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Woody is giving you that look Floyd, what did you do wrong? I made it to Rockingham yesterday. Don't race for awhile and see what happens, fan belt came off, and I was in the lanes and pushed the starter button and nothing, zero. Jumped out opened the hood and hit the under hood button and it took right off. Don't know why and it never did it again. Then came the driver errors---won 1st round, 2nd round .009 take about a mile of stripe to run out .004. Buy back, and run out again.002 in a close race with opponent dead on beside me. Load it up but had a wonderful time at the track with lots of friends. Hope everyone is doing good. Its hot here, 90+

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, he wants to go some where for lunch. He sits up on the console and thinks he's a big shot.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Don't look like he has missed to many meals

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms, and Happy Birthday to me. 54 today.
Y’all have a great day.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, Dennis!
Big Grin

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there, including fur baby moms, aunts, moms missing their kids gone too soon, and moms to be. Going to dinner with my mom and dad shortly.

I'm finding a rhythm deep staging, just a bit more tweaking I hope. .009 in the time trial Friday, think I was in a touch for round 1, .012 red, dead on 2, to a .032 and .020 under. Buy back, and I'm .009 red, .003 under, to a .029 red and .028 under behind me. Oy. I'll play in the carb and drop rpm I hope, and hoping the weather cooperates for test and tune this week.

Good on you, Nick. I hope you were able to go some rounds for a good cause.

Fern, Mike is still around, posting on FB. Seems to be doing ok. I'm glad you got to go racing. We've all taken that Wal Mart parking lot at the stripe at some point. Weird the starter button acted up on you. Electrical gremlins are weird.

Floyd, looks like you and Buddy are out cruising for women! Big Grin And/or food! Big Grin He looks like a good wing man.

Happy birthday, Mouse!

You all have a good night.