DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Damn, Fern, I'm getting tired just reading what you did. I need a nap.
It's so Hot

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
97 here yesterday they said.....mowed the front yard, took wheels off of F150 and took them and the new tires to the shop to get mounted. Discovered front brakes were about done so I replaced them---got inside at 9:30. Got up this morning and put the wheels back on, replaced a couple of bulbs in the motor home and washed the WV mud off of the f150.....its noon and I am in for a bite....that's 1/2 a day Floyd! You all have a good one.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I'm back in the real world, after a week at the beach. All of my immediate family was there, for the first time in 3 years, so that alone made it a great week. Left there Friday afternoon at 5, dropped my oldest niece off by Pitt, and got to bed at 5am. Back up at 9:30, got some gas for the new car, and my buddy came with his truck and trailer. We loaded up, got lunch, and on to the track. I changed the oil, and swapped my wheels with the Pro Bracket Radials from the '69 to the '81. I was nervous with the first pass. It was all good. .014 on the tree, 11.37 at 117, right where I thought it would be. Top was 1/8 mile, and that hit was .005, 7.18, same as it was in Mod. I boobed up first round in Mod, backing off the tree, thinking I had a pretty easy race. I did, but I backed off too much. Won the buyback on a redlight, but it wouldn't have mattered, .044 package, new best of 11.32 at 118. Second round, lost to my buddy AJ Casini, .027 to his .021, car slowed up after sitting for awhile for the funny car show. In Top, dropped on a dragster dialed 4.84 to my 7.15, .033 to his .031, the dragster went .003 under. Beat an altered second round, .019 to his .043, took .043 for the win. Beat a dragster third round, .014, would have been dead on the 7.18. 4th round, messed myself up staging, lost my concentration, and missed it red badly, wasting a dead on 7.176 pass to a .042 package. All in all, a good first day.

Floyd and Nick, you guys keep it cool out there.

1258, congrats on closing stuff.

Fern, I'm up in the air on Norwalk. Hoping to go, but may have to work Sunday.

It's Michelle's birthday today!

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ferns loading for the Olds race and swap meet at Norwalk Ohio this coming weekend.....Got more than I can haul I imagine but someone is going to get a good deal. Sold my 65 GTO convertible this morning. Had to cut it loose after 40 years and got all of the money for it. Its the only one I have seen in years. He drove it off with a smile on his face and it went to a good home I think. Still hot here. What new car Chuck?

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Getting a bit humid again this week. You'd think it was July in Pittsburgh... oh, wait. Big Grin

Wow, Fern, the red one? That car is beautiful. Are you going to race at Norwalk, or sell only? I bought an '81 Cutlass, '87 nose on it, 455, 400, spool with 4.11s. Saturday was my first day in it. I had a phone crash last month, lost your number. Text me, and I'll text you back with a pic.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning...Been getting a lot of rain lately . 2.75" in last 8 days which is a bunch when we only get 13" all year, and we have more on the way...Screwed up my back last week, but its a lot better now, one of those problems of being a tall guy I guess...

Chuck , you are living right, a week with the family sounds like "the best of Times" . The new car seems to be dialed in, good job going rounds . When is your next outing? The "69" is going to be jealous .....

Fern , Sounds like your ahead of the game this week. Kind of sad selling the GTO after all those years with it being a rare soft top too. But with all stuff you got going on , I'm sure you will not miss too much. Hope you made out selling it , new owner had a big smile is a real good thing....

Camaroracer, How you doing at the house ? Everyone settled in , I'm sure your planning that new kitchen out, sure wish I could make that move too. But I would have to relocate the wife and dog for about 4 months to get mine done, as it would entail removal many walls and completely new floor plan. And I'm not sure if she wants to do that, spending $55,000 on a $225,000 house may not be the best move...

Floyd, how you feeling, hope your healing up. Woody must be happy with you being around all the time....

Everyone Have A Great Day..... Tip PC

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day. Still warm and humid, continuing all week. Weather forecast is not looking good at the moment for Saturday, but I'm hoping that changes by then.

Nick, it was great week. Great to be with the family, great to be at the beach, great to be away from work. The car and I are getting along nicely so far. Hoping for Saturday, if the weather cooperates.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Feelin better every day. Even got the Minitruck out for a cruise last nite with Woody. Sure glad he enjoys riding in it. I hated going with out Buddy cause it's very relaxing just to cruise in the cool evening after a hot day. We get a great breeze that comes up every nite about 5 and the temperature goes right down. We live on a quiet cul de sac and have a bunch of great neighbors, including a couple of good lookin ones. They all like Woody and he's a bigger flirt than I am.
Y'all have a gooden and good luck Mr. Fern.
Relaxing

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern been packing for 3 days now and it has been 95+ every day. Thank goodness 1/2 of the garage has A/C. I didn't know I had so much of this Olds stuff + I have 2 engines at the shop. I got to slow down some I think.....Chucky got a Bic Banana for a new car, Looks good Chuck. Now make the 69 into a street car. Glad Woody is working out Floyd.. My Jack used to ride every where with me , truck, car, tractor,4 wheeler, and everyone knew him at the track because he was always with me on my scooter. I truly miss him. You all have a good one, Back to loading.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I'm still hoping the weather improves for Saturday, but it's not looking good. Yaneverknow though.

Floyd, glad to hear you're feeling better. Nice to hear you and Woody get out and about. Might have to get me a dog, get a little icebreaker boost. Big Grin

Thanks, Fern. The '69 is for sale. It had its time on the street, and I would like to put money back in the bank. Safe travels to Norwalk!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Took Woody to the car wash for the first time and he had a ball. He's a real chick magnet. He don't like strange men though. I think he might have been abused by a man before he got to the shelter. After he gets to know you, he's fine. But it has to be on his terms.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all ... All quite on the west coast so far..LOL weather in southwest is in the 90s at 60 % humidity and 20% chance thru next Monday. Got do more yard work to keep up appearances.... LOL

Fern, have a great time at Norwalk and good luck going lots of rounds...

Chuck, Looks like at great time at Keystone, have a great time on the Mic. Must of us freeze up when a mic is in our face...Eat some BBQ for me will you...

Floyd , Woody is one smart puppy. He knows where to get his loving... Glad to hear your getting back to normal.

Camaroracer, what's been going on, I'm sure your very busy....

Have A Great Day Everyone...

Relaxing

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Still warm and humid here. The weather is not looking good for tomorrow. I'll keep hoping it changes, but I am a realist. I know the chances are slim.

Floyd, I agree with your assessment. I have friends with rescue dogs that have the same reaction to strange men. All the better you found each other.

Nick, just because I sent rain west, didn't mean you had to send heat east! Razz I'm just a bracket racer that's decent at math, spewing out some numbers. Bret Kepner did the announcing for the funny cars last week, and a little of the bracket racing, and he was awesome, wealth of knowledge, very entertaining, great to listen to.

Fern, still unknown for me on Sunday. I'll text you if I come up.

Ice cream time again! You all have a great weekend!
Relaxing

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey guys finally back to the real world. Was on vacation at the beach for a week with the wife and kids. Very relaxed after that. Time to start buttoning down the hatches with working on the kitchen remodeling. I will post pics when it starts happening. Settlement for my inlaws place is 9/14 so gives us SOME time to get everything squared away before. And I will definitely be racing the Maple Grove Footbrake ordeal in October. I need a few more races under my belt before I feel comfortable.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Red,
Did you see that Brian won stock at Sonoma? Ryan finished in the quarter finals in Super Stock and Super Comp. They had a good weekend.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Just got home from Norwalk. Won 2 rounds then couldn't go back for 3rd because I sheared off a wheel stud and didn't want to chance it. Car did good and they had true start working. Sold a bunch of stuff and saw a bunch of old friends--NO CHUCK! 1300mi round trip. Tired now.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Nice little break from the humidity yesterday and today, thankfully. We got rained out Saturday, which was ok, that allowed me to be at my nephew's birthday party, great stuff.

1258, welcome back to the real world. The hardest part for me coming back is wearing socks again, after a week barefoot. Which beach did you go to? I haven't registered yet for the MG footbrake race, still waiting to see what my schedule and money will be. I'd like to make it, though.

Fern, Sunday was frustrating, especially with no racing Saturday here. Stayed to work, and it ended up raining out in the afternoon. Really wish I had just loaded up and went. I'm glad you had fun and a safe trip, and that you caught the wheel stud before something bad happened.

It's always sad when we lose one of our racers, whether we knew them or not. Rest in peace, Mr. Dunford.

You all have a great day.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Mornin... weather in southwest right now is real nice , last 2 weeks we have gotten 4.5" of rain and the temps have been nice . I have been a slug moving slow , slow, slow....

Chuck, sound like you should have loaded and gone , but hind sight is 20/20....

Fern , I'm with Chuck how did you see your problem. The only time I have broke a stud when I over torqued it with an air gun...Glad to hear the selling of some stuff too....

Floyd, I did see that... The boys had a good weekend of racing... Even my friend Ryan Giacone made it to S/ST final to lose by 0.0000
Dang, him and Herem had a great final... Can't get it tighter than that...

Camaroracer, welcome back to the real world, as usual you have a lot going on. Hope you get some more sit time.....

Everyone Have A Great Day....

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Got lucky J---I just happened to see it while checking air in slick.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern , I'm looking at the gauge to get it right most of the time, now I will do a complete inspection. Thanks