DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 ... 788
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all who visit here... Easter being around the corner is just want to say I hope all of you stay blessed with good health and prosperous life's. Remember be positive in your actions toward others , just had to get that off my chest. Don't ask me why , I will not answer. I just needed to say it. Wow almost half way thru the month , is it me or is time flying by fast.

Chuck, I'm just rounding up a few items to pull the tranny, its real easy to pull on a lift. No headers going under the car makes it no problem, plus the car is a full chassis car from the firewall back using a stock clip in the front. that's why the car only weighs 2790 with my 200 in the car and 25 lbs. of fuel.

I hope all of you have a Great Easter Weekend.... Easter Egg

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Weather is nice out here right now. I could enjoy this for awhile. Love 60s and 70s. Took my Mustang into my dad's friend's shop to get inspected. Can't imagine what I need to spend to get it to pass.

You have a great Easter coming up RED.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Nice looking day today, wish I could be out in it. Tomorrow, the forecast keeps changing for the better, hope it misses the track and they get their events in. Mom is making Easter dinner tomorrow, so no track time for me. I'm looking forward to the family time.

Nick, well said. And it's all true. For sure, time seems like it's flying. I'm hoping it slows down once I have the car all ready and my racing starts. I think that's my goal in life, to be successful enough to have a garage tall enough to put a lift in, and buy a transmission jack. Me getting the trans out is easy enough, but it was like boating a marlin trying to get it just onto the floor jack to get it back in. I hope you get it done soon.

1258, this is the perfect weather to me, not too hot at all, great for sleeping at night. What year Mustang? Daily driver? I hope the kids enjoy Easter.

You all have a great weekend, and a blessed Easter. I hope you have time with family and friends. Jelly beans and chocolate bunnies are as good as ice cream.

Relaxing

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a great weekend and Easter. My brother and his family were in, so it was a lot of fun hanging out at my parents and spending time together. Plus the Pirates swept the Cubs, and the Pens won 2 games to up 3-0 against Columbus. You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It was a great weekend. Lots of yard work done this weekend and still have more to do. Clearing out the beds with the old mulch and putting in some new stuff at some point.

My mustang was able to pass due to my dad. I don't ask him for favors but since my dad has done a lot for this guy, I got through with passing colors.

Chuck it's a 2002 GT with a stock engine and Vortech on it. Not pushing crazy power but 347 to the wheels which is on conservative side. Fun for street strip car. Had it for 13 years going now. Was high school graduation gift. Doesn't see a lot of street or strip time now with kids.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Had a great family get together for Easter. Wouldn't have been right without prime rib. My niece is learning from me. She did a nine rib roast, two 10-12 lb hams, mac and cheese, potatoes au gratin, green beans, rolls and butter and finished it off with a large cheese cake.

Happy Easter

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Nice day yesterday, another one today. I took a step backwards in the garage last night. I think I had the pushrods too deep in the lifters, had a lot of clacking, and no oil in the heads. I'll be pulling the cam back out. Sucks, but if that's all I have to complain about, I'm doing fine.

1258, I still have a renter's mentality, don't do yardwork, and I have someone cut the grass. Big Grin That's cool, sounds like a fun ride. Low 12s or so, if it's hooking?

Floyd, that's good stuff. I'm hungry just reading it. Mmmm cheeeeeesecaaaake. Big Grin

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Guy's Hope that everyone's Easter was a great time. weather in the Southwest remains 8 to 10 degrees above normal . If this trend stay's like this we may have 125 degree weather as a norm this summer, that will be very hard on the animals and plant in the desert. In doing so that will change the quality of life for all. What a downer!!!

Camaroracer, Wow I have zero grass and I'm still doing yard work bi weekly. If I don't the wife will not be happy... LOL happy to hear the stang done is done....

Chuck, that real sucks about the pushrod deal, but you know the fix so that will be taken care of. Thanks for text Brian's theft . I know a racer who was in Vegas for a wedding and was coming back to Tucson Sunday and looked at every truck stop on the way home. I was on Az. Highways video linking hope to see it. I really hate thieves, piss me off big time.... Super Angry

Flody , That looks great !! Sure wish I could get a large portions of that.....

Everyone have A Great Day.....

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Guess I better check in. Went to SC Sat for friends sons birthday and got surprised when they rolled out with a cake for ME. What a surprise. Spent the night, came home and mowed back yard, waxed some of the motor home, washed the Mercedes and one of the trucks, then cooked dinner. Got the rest of the yard last night. Might take motor out of race car this weekend and have to help friend put new gears in Corvette for the NHRA race at VMP this weekend. Jred did you check my old neighborhood?

Posts: 6258 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern , I'm not that crazy, its safer in Compton than your old neighborhood in Pueblo Gardens. A weekend does not go by without a shooting in the south side area near there on local news. My parent's had a house on 24Th street when I was a baby, just across the rail tracks. Now even central Tucson is gang in feasted , its a pretty sad day when I drive thru town. Well until I come across the Lucky Wishbone on Swan and Broadway , that was my stomping ground from 4 Grade till a freshman in high school. Lots of fry's , garlic toast and cherry cokes went down back then....could not afford the chicken , or steak fingers or shrimp , as I was always saving up for a car... LOL

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! A little rainy start, guess it's some April showers over the next few days. I tore back into the engine last night, got the front of the engine off, fluids drained, and intake off. So far, doesn't look bad. We'll see what happens when I pull the cam and lifters.

Nick, thanks for sharing about Brian's stuff. Man I really hate thieves. No news on it, last I heard. Good luck with the yard work, and happy wife! Big Grin

Fern, good to see you, wondered what you were up to. That's a really nice surprise. You for sure are a busy man!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck sorry to hear about the motor issues. Hopefully nothing too bad.

Fern that was a real nice surprise. Sounds like you are keeping busy on your end too.

To add to the issues that everyone is having, the Malibu is not starting up after just sitting and nothing else. Sounds like ignition problem.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All... Happy hump day, hoping everyone is working real hard...LOL
Boy oh boy that Fern is one busy camper, I sure wish I had his drive to get things done. Today might not hit 90 , that would be a good thing.

Chuck, I'm still feeling real bad for Brians loss, every day that goes by the hope of finding anything intact lessens. We are so lucky not to be in his shoes...

Think positive , hopefully the cam is not hurt.

Camaroracer , Sorry to heard that about the Malibu, strange that cars do from just sitting.

If your not at a job today , do what Fern does.... Stay crazy busy.... LOL

Have A Great Day Everyone....

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Got the gears in friends S/G Corvette last night. He is a lot younger than me and was huffing pretty bad when we got done.....got home at 11:30. Off today to wire a shed and install a shelf in there. J that's the impression when I drove by there a couple of years ago. I worked at Goodmans Grocery at 22& Cherry and at the skating place at 22& Swan I think it was. Everyone have a good one and I'll catch you later.

Posts: 6258 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Wow, Goodmans that's a flash from the past, there was one on the other comer across from Lucky Wishbone on Broadway. And the roller skating place up at 22nd I must of been kicked out of there a million times, use to skate way unsafe.....

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Had some big boomers roll through last night, looks like we might get some more rain later today. So far, nothing looks too bad. I'm not seeing metal, no lobes wiped out or anything like that, but there are some marks on the cam. I may just put my old one back in, since I know it worked.

1258, thanks. Fingers crossed. How old are your plugs? Happened to my best friend. He had to get a head redone, put it back together, fired it up, timed it, and when he went to fire it up next time, it wouldn't.

Nick, it's going to 80 today. That's way too warm way too soon, for Pittsburgh in April.

Fern, do you ever sleep?? Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck I haven't checked the plugs yet. They are not even two years old. Barely any use on them.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey guys hope all you folks are doing good I won't even try to catch up on all that's been happening here other than to say things are going good in my online sales locally no shipping don't Delievery but once a week and extra money comes in handy but man my racing family just keeps helping me out over and over and one of my racing mentors Chruch sent me a check last week it's more than awesome having friends like the racing community and then Scott and Nicole and family God Bless them Nicole last week sent me some left over funds from back in the winter when they bought me the scooter unbelievable I'm really a Blessed man y'all keep Mannie in your thoughts the county took him away and put him in another residential home near Richmond Va. which is 4 hrs from me he's had lots of problems I hate drugs and I don't hate many things but I hate what it does to kids and Mannies only connection to drugs are the drugs his bio-parents did before his brith.
Dang I said I wouldn't going to go long I can only say I'm so glad to see the good morning thread still rolling I sure miss all you guys and thank you all for being my friend,and I'll raise my glass of sweet tea to you all Chuck you want a glass lol of course you do,see y'all guys.

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Mike, thanks for taking the time for the post. We all miss you , but it sounds like you have a lot going on. It was a great seeing you on that video when the scooter arrived you. You are always in my thoughts when I'm posting here. Prays sent to you and Mannie...

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Rainy start to the day, supposed to get nicer. Tomorrow is looking iffy for race day. I'm going to run my good friend's Trans Am in Modified, and just stage my daily driver in Top to get the show up point.

1258, my buddy's set was brand new. For whatever reason, they fouled. And that is on a pump gas very mild SBC mid 12s street car.

Mike, awesome to see you stopping in, my friend. I've been keeping an eye on your FB for updates; didn't want to ask, can't imagine how tough that is having Mannie away. I'm really glad you're doing well otherwise. And you know I want the sweet tea! Big Grin

Ice cream time again! You all have a great weekend!
TGIF
Relaxing