DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Making progress slow but sure. Got the cam and lifters swapped last night. Still trying to find a good time to meet up with my buddy who has my transmission.

Floyd, nice on the power recliner! I hope it's the home of many naps. Good luck finding the wheelchair pusher Wink

Fern, I'm with Floyd, for sure beats the alternative. I like fast door cars, sounds like it was a tough crowd at the Rock over the weekend.

1258, it's a hard line to walk, making sure the family is provided for, and being there. I don't envy what parents have to go through in making those decisions. Sorry to hear about your daughter. I have a couple of friends here, their kids have had it rough this winter too.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It's that day again. Diane would have been 73. It's been 17 years now and I still miss her. Happy Birthday, Diane.
Fern, I'm thinking of you too.
Y'all have a gooden. Frown

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Normal spring stuff here for a couple of days, some rain, mid 50s. Don't have to shovel it, so all good.

Floyd, you're in my thoughts, my friend. How long were you married?

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning guy's , Hump day is here and I finally can check in. Hope everyone doing good. This weekend sprayed an acre of weeds, then that night at 3 in morning it rains. No rain was in the forecast .... LOL The gods must be telling me something... Racing S/ST street last weekend was somewhat depressing. Was number 1 qualifier on the 11.15 index running the number with a 2 on Saturday. Only the lose first round by going red.... Sunday was no better, lost first round when Number 2 racer in Division 7, taught me a lesson taking a .0061 stripe on me. I was sure I got there first ....LOL Mad

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Chuck. We were married 22 years.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Floyd sorry to hear bud. We are here for you.

When my pops gets back from Florida in mid April we plan on testing out some new stuff on the Malibu. Going with new carb and maybe take off the exhaust system I have and do shorter pipes and dumps. Not sure yet.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Couple of days of spring for sure, cloudy, rainy, etc. Hoping my parts are on the porch when I get home, and can make some progress tonight.

Nick, that's a lot of weeds! Sorry for the rough outing over weekend. We've all been there.

Floyd, I feel for you. One of my best friends lost his wife of 18 years 2 months ago.

1258, I run a 3" pipe to the mufflers, and have turnouts dump out of the mufflers right before the rear end. Works for me.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning guy's , pass the hump and hoping the weekend last forever .... Got another race this weekend should be a great time. what's up this wacky weather we are having? Friday going to only have a high in mid 60s , just two weeks ago we had mid 90s .... All we can really count on is the weather is not normal .... Cool

Chuck, thanks for saying that, sometimes you can just wonder about how you could of done something better.... but your luck has to be with you as well as your performance.

Fern , did miss something? Did you get to TNT yet?

Floyd , how is that insurance claim doing? I hope it works out and your lost is not to much. Never know how good your insurance is till you need to use it.

Everyone Have A Great Day...

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
RED you have missed nothing----still no test. Went to Piedmont Sunday and it was closed. Thought I would go to Darlington this weekend but they have tore up the track and repaving. Farmington has a points race so I might go there. Race tracks everywhere around here and no one wants to race.......Weeds? I just mowed my 2 ac and trimmed back some of the brush out back....One of these days!

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern , thanks for that info about TNT... As far as weeds . I live out here in a desert with all desert landscaping, when the wife said " kill the weeds " I get to it... Happy wife happy life... Its been working for 38 years , so I must be doing something right!!!!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Windy all day yesterday. March May be going out like a lion.
Insurance company said a check is in the mail. After they took out depreciation and the deductible the check is supposed to be about 4100. I already got the check for the window.
Going to give Marty 2500 for his helmet and fire suit. Already replaced the GPS, getting the back up camera installed today. I guess I'll start looking for a weather station. I'll replace the other stuff as I need to and remember what all I had. I've got lots of tools in the garage so it's just the specialty items like the split Snapon spark plug sockets and deep sockets and extension for wheel lugs to get.
It will all come together.
Y'all have a golden. Cool

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Rainy day here, makes me want to take a nap. Cool and cloudy once it does stop raining, so KRP moved the season opening test and tune to Sunday, where the forecast is heck of a lot better. That means cold day in the garage for me tomorrow lol.

Nick, good luck this weekend. Yep, sometimes, the bear just gets you, instead of you getting the bear. Going around Sedona and the canyon, big difference to what I'm used to around here, lots of grass, crops, forests, etc. I really liked it, because it was so different. 38 years, doing work the right way then!

Fern, good luck if you're heading anywhere this weekend.

Floyd, the whole situation still sucks. I hate that it happened to you guys. That's frustrating, having to replace and move stuff around.

Mike posted yesterday, Mannie turned 15. He's going to a school in Richmond, and doing well.

Ice cream time again. You all have a great weekend!
Ice Cream

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern don't know yet.....Any bottom bulbers on here you need to pre enter the no box/footbrake race at Rockingham. Today is the last day to pre enter and save. $20,000 to win Sat and $5000 Sunday 2 days in a row for $249 entry. Where do you get that kind of race for that cheap money? Test & tune Fri for $25 Big Grin

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning !!!! Started early at work (5am) cause If leaving at Noon!!! Lucky I have a boss that understands , He has been racing in the dirt for decade's . He is still doing it at 75 years young. I never under stood taking a perfectly good car to run around in circles only to damage every panel, only to straighten it out to do it again the following weekend......

Chuck, thanks for the encouragement for this weekend. I have always been a desert dweller, been to the east on business but never get past the convention centers and airports.... LOL
Sedona is Gods county in AZ, but my back yard desert is enjoyable too.

Fern, That $ 399 seems like a real good deal , we pay that much for 3000, 5000 10,000 three day race...

Everyone Have A Great Weekend... Make mine Rocky Road..... Please!!! Big Grin

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
$249 J, $249

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!

It's time to call it quits and retire to Branson, MO and buy a bass boat. Sell the tow truck, two trailers and mid 10 second race truck. House too. Cash out and get out of the land of fruits and nuts. Gettin too old for this ****.

Y'all have a gooden. Wink

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
What the He!!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, look at the calendar

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
FLOYD I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO LOOK. Fern was born on April fools day so today I celebrate and I will go racing in the morning......You got me

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, Fern. That was my precedent to you, a laugh.
Good luck tomorrow.