DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Still on the warm trend here for a few more days. I'll gladly take it, looks like winter comes back in sometime Saturday.

Nick, yeah, you were a little teased. Car was there for sure, it looks like. I know all about those kind of days, got one end of it, but not the other, then get salt in the wound going red to a bad package.

Fern, saw Michael's pics on FB, you're looking well, my friend!

Floyd, makes sense it wanders. That's a scary feeling, wanting to swap ends going down track. That is a real nice thing, to have the parts right there on the shelf. Stay on the high ground out there.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all... Its hump day for most, I'm going to work Saturday half a day (no racing and all caught up at home)so that will make a 60 hour week. I'm sure glad I'm on salary... Hahaha

Chuck, just keep moving while its still warm , how get you make it though last weekend. That sounded like a lot of eating and drinking.

Floyd, At Wild Horse Pass I've gotten sideways a few times, lost a few rounds because of it. Looks like you will have no problems with all the work that's been done. Thank's for all the photos, the truck looks outstanding.

Camaroracer, How about some photos of the war wagon , I'm sure it's lookin good . How about those wheels?

Everyone Have A Great Day.... Double Thumbs up

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Brrrr! Frost on the pumpkin this morning.
Thanks, Red, with the detailing Marty had done and the work from the fabricator we got a good looking hay hauler.
Any time I have a problem on the track I lift. I figure I drove it off the trailer and I want to drive it back on. Unless something breaks. That's a different story. Winning a round isn't important enough to me to take any chances. My momma might have raised some dumb kids but I ain't stupid.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd sorry about your weather--been close to 80 here in NC the last few days, 8 days in Feb so far over 70 and looks like it will continue into next week----probably snow in April. Farmington has a 2 day race parts flea market and free race this weekend and excellent weather. Place will be swamped....everyone enjoy your day

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Wish I played hooky today, going to mid 70s to finish off the week of spring like weather. It's a nice break for February, but we're back to normal tomorrow and Sunday. I'll be working in the garage when it's cold, gotta make some hay. Hang the engine on the stand, get the balancer off, then the intake, oil pan, and timing cover, and see how everything looks.

Nick, I used to work 60 hours a week on average, only way I could get ahead money wise. I was a lot younger then lol, don't know if I could do it now.

Floyd, for sure, the hay hauler looks awesome, sits great. I'm excited to see you make passes.

Fern, I'm thinking you're right, we'll get late snow, at least up here. Good luck at the Farm if you're racing.

Ice cream time again! You all have a great weekend!
Ice Cream Ice Cream

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It's still gold. Frost on the roof cold. My gas bill is atrocious. But Buddy doesn't like cold weather so I gotta keep him comfortable.
One week and we will make that first pass. Took the minitruck over to the race shop[ yesterday, since I don't have a big trailer anymore Jim is going to take it up in his. He sold his golf cart so he has room. I gotta fix the scooter and do the bearings on the trailer and we will be ready to go.
Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Decided not to race Sunday--high might be 54 so I'll go to the flea market tomorrow and visit, might even buy something. Probably first race will be Duckys race at VMP

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Evening to All... just gotta get today done (work to 8 or 9 tonight) and work till 4:00 tomorrow and my weekend starts...LOL

Chuck, sounds like you have a little work ahead of you, that nice weather must be slowing you down a too....

Fern, I need a front grill for my 73 Camaro, mine has seen better day's , also my torque wrench I use on my lug nuts seems to grown feet and walked away.... just kidding , have a great time at the flea market....

Everyone have a Great Weekend ....

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'al!
Guess what, it's raining here and supposed to rain through tomorrow. At least it's a little warmer. My gas bill is killing me.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sun is out and the sky is blue but it was mid 50s here so I cleaned and fueled up the motor home today---going to work on the outside tomorrow. Got to get the hood scoop on the car and a couple of other small things. Thanks Donnie Gibbs race cars, Mooresville, NC for the new scoop and belts---ferns getting ready. Double Thumbs up

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a good weekend. It was awesome here on Friday, mid 70s. I went walking around the city for a couple of hours after work. Then Saturday night we had some snow flurries. Good times with friends, got the engine on the stand, balancer off, intake off, just need to pull the oil pan and swap the cam and lifters.

Floyd, I know what you mean on the gas bill. I'm thankful this winter has seen more warm stretches, so it hasn't been as bad as the past couple of years, knock on wood. I hope you got your chores done and are about ready to go.

Nick, yeah, I need to order gaskets, and keep moving. I still have some work to do on the hood, planning on running with it again. I'll keep an eye out for the grill.

Fern, what scoop are you going with? You had a forward facing pro stock style, if I remember right?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
New hood Chuck, same style of hood scoop I had before. I have worked on that mess since this morning and am still a long way off getting it sealed off underneath and the hole in the hood right is more than it looks like but I am getting there. Supposed to be 70s tomorrow so I better hit the Motor home out side......Chuck you need to quit walking and visiting and get to work---these junks take lots of time and attention. Big Grin

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! We get a warmer day today. Hard to believe it's the last day of February already. March always seems to fly by, trying to button everything up.

Fern, trying to balance it all out Big Grin. The first 3 Saturdays are test and tune here, so I have a little cushion, though I do want to test at least once before racing. Text me a pic with the new scoop, I'll try to remember to post it up.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hit a pot hole last night in the Mercedes and it bent the rim right where a wheel weight was and then started banging on the spindle. Spent all day getting that straightened out Mad Need to work on scoop but haven't got there yet. I'll do that Chuck--my go to person to post anything Double Thumbs up

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Tomorrow is race day. Gettin all excited about trying the new set up.
This going old school isn't what it's cracked up to be. All our stuff used to just sit in the trailer all ready for the next race. I made a list of all the crap I've got to load up today and it's going to take me all day. I really got spoiled with the enclosed trailers we've had just sitting there ready to go.
Y'all have a gooden. I've got work to do. Angel hug crying

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks. Worked on the scoop some last night but not done yet. Floyd I have been looking at a Featherlite open trailer myself. Don't race like I used to and the 3 axel 32ft enclosed makes less sense every day. A lot of that junk in there just rides and is never used and if I have the motor home I have a Generator and if I take the duelly I have a portable I can take. Seems a lot simpler to me. Only down side is if it rains and unloading at home. Anyway hope you have good luck up there. Ferns heading to FL Friday to see Grand kids. You all have a good hump day. Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, have a good time in Florida. Watch out for the love bugs.
I know what you mean about the junk that just goes for the ride. But it's sure nice when you want it.
I'll have a good time this weekend no matter what. I haven't seen a lot of my friends in a year and a half so it will be nice to catch up
Y'all have a gooden!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Beware the ides of March... 60 today, thunderstorms in the wee hours this morning, and we're dropping temps and getting some snow tonight.

Fern, fire when ready. I haven't traveled with my enclosed trailer yet. Bristol, Mason, Norwalk, etc, I bum an open if Mark and I aren't splitting the tow on his 2 car trailer.

Floyd, I can't wait to hear some numbers. The good thing is, with drag racers, someone is always willing to help out with tools, parts, fluids, etc. Have a blast!

1258, Nick, I hope you guys are doing good. Mike has his hands full, hope he's hanging in there.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning to all... Not much going on in my world to report on.

Floyd , I hope you are ready for this weekend , I know how much you love this event.. Good Luck and have a GREAT time....

Chuck, dang hope your going to have a great season... With or without your hood...LOL My car sees no difference in ET if my hood is on or off.. Where's Fern's hood photos

You All Have A GREAT DAY.... Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys. It's going to be fun.
Don't luck for any killer numbers. Going to stay with the set up we have been using for the 10.60 index. We only get one qualifier since we are getting there late. Hopefully we will see an improvement in the short times so we get an idea.