DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all,

Damn, we are having reat weather right now and the only racing is a no prep event on a road out in the desert. It ain't lookin good for California in the near future.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Here is the latest rumor on FB.

And the hits just keep on comin'. AAA Autoclub has dropped all racing sponsorships, including Force, Famoso, Pomona and possibly others. Let that sink in. Another nail in the California racing coffin.

Posted by someone who's supposed to know.
Ed, where are you?

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd do you think ED reads this tread, LOL!!! Fern how is the weather out there in the east side. You make it home and taking a little breather?

USA

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Floyd do you think ED reads this tread, LOL!!! Fern how is the weather out there in the east side. You make it home and taking a little breather?

USA

I'm sure he does, but pretends he doesn't. He acted like he departed "The Bender" thread 3 years ago, he was lurking. Low & behold he got triggered there a few days ago. Wink

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Bob , The way things are going you may see me in Vegas a lot more. The county here is controlling the track because it’s on their property and Jim Hughes just Leasing it. And the Indians at wild horse pass I don’t think they care to re-open as the track manager Ron retired and I’m not sure who would want to try to work with all the different leaders On the reservation.

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm not so sure Vegas will be running anytime soon. Normally we start in Jan., we have no schedule & no scuttlebutt!

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2552 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nick I got home just fine. Been cold and raining every day since. 20s at night. You all want to see something funny on face book? Fast and Finchum has a video of our run at West Palm. Got my COVID shot Sat, the 9th. Later

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern
I couldn't find your run. Where is it?

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bob , The way things are going you may see me in Vegas a lot more. The county here is controlling the track because it’s on their property and Jim Hughes just Leasing it. And the Indians at wild horse pass I don’t think they care to re-open as the track manager Ron retired and I’m not sure who would want to try to work with all the different leaders On the reservation.

Did Jim pull out of the lease? Rumor...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Barry,
The manager laughed when he heard that rumor. They were running this last weekend.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I am not that smart Floyd. Google it as it was on face book and you tube

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
What day was it?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
RUMORS!!! NONE true... Jim and track are fine, that is all I can say on this.

Barry you coming to the NATIONAL OPEN AND DIVISONAL Feb 24th - 28th ?

Dang Fern we could use some of that rain , its very,very dry here... only got 1/3 of the average for the year. And no rain coming this way soon.

Floyd how is your roommate doing... haha

Where the heck is Chuck T....

Have a great evening everyone....

Dancing Cat

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Nick
Hopefully like the AAA rumor. I can see them pulling back but I can't see them bailing completely.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sunday Floyd

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
RUMORS!!! NONE true... Jim and track are fine, that is all I can say on this.

Barry you coming to the NATIONAL OPEN AND DIVISONAL Feb 24th - 28th ?

Dang Fern we could use some of that rain , its very,very dry here... only got 1/3 of the average for the year. And no rain coming this way soon.

Floyd how is your roommate doing... haha

Where the heck is Chuck T....

Have a great evening everyone....

Dancing Cat

No I doubt it. Never know though..

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon guys! Hope everyone is good great. Looks like I'm going to the track Jan 24th . Jim has come up with a way to have a TNT and a little competition too. Everyone will post a dial and the best package wins, will pay to the best top 5 . The track will be paying out $3000.00!!! Only 80 cars can play , will be done over 2 days with 2 sessions per day. A AM. AND PM. session. this is because the county will not let more than 50 people on the 110 acres at a time. That mean each car gets a driver and 1 crew, the rest of the 50 are track personnel... Big shoot out to Jim Hughes and Matt DeYoung for making this happen....Just thought I would share with you all...

clapping

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Dam Nick, Long ways from the 610 entries we had at West Palm. Glad at least you got something!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all,
We re having beautiful weather out here but next to no racing.

I've been having a problem with my left hand for a while. Little finger and ring finger tingling like they are asleep. Little finger started curling. Finally went to a doctor to find out why. I have a pinched nerve in my elbow that is causing the hand to atrophy. After numerous tests I finally got to a good orthopedist that is getting me taken care of. Tuesday I have to get an EKG and a preoperative clearance from my doctor and then blood work and a chest x-ray and they will do surgery within 30 days. This orthopedic group have their own surgery center so I don't have to wait for a spot in the local hospitals that are not taking any patients if your not dyeing. Doctor says about a 2" incision on my elbow and about a 1" incision on my hand. No cast and stiches out in about 10 days. Should be back to normal in a couple of months.
I might be able to hold a scotch glass in my left hand. Relaxing
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Wow, Floyd, thats a lot of tests to do just for a 2 inch incision. BUT I can relate exactly to that. Last Feb I went in to have my left rotator cuff repaired. Surgeon says ok bring me a clean EKG and we'll getter done. Went to the cardiologist, test came back inconclusive, had to so a CT scan, stress test, ultrasound and MRI, which all came back negative, just so I could have a 2" cut in my shoulder. I thought it was just an old people thing to get a EKG before surgery, but my son who is 50 and my son-in-law who is 45 just went thru surgery and they had to have an EKG also. I think now its a COA thing with the doctors. Good luck and heal fast.

Scott Horsley

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post