DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I need a nap. Razz

1258, aw poor little dude. I hope he isn't too miserable. I like how your dad stays busy.

Fern, you have the same number? I'll text you. Are you using hot sauce? You may have to go with sriracha, get some garlic with the heat. Big Grin

Mike posted yesterday, got some adjusting to do with Mannie back, but they're working at it.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good evening guys... still at work, working on some reports and setting thing up for tomorrow. Looks like I'll be trying out my new rear disk brake setup at Sunday's team race. First one is Saturday but I'm NOT chasing points. I have 17 team and S/ST races and one or two three day Big Buck events and that should be plenty of racing for me this year, its a hobby not a job...Hahaha

Fern, that cold of yours started a month ago, I hope the doctor did the fix on you. You got me wondering, come on rest and get well will you...

Chuck, I'm with you, I'll be sleeping in Saturday morning till 10:00am , then pack up for Sunday and get back the couch by 2:00pm to sleep and get caught up on a couple "Justified" episodes..... LOL

If I forget to key in Have A Great Weekend....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
RED you are one of the few that still believes it's a hobby haha.

Not much for me this weekend, just hanging around the house basically. Maybe some more body work on the wagon making sure it's clean before getting it painted next weekend.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Camaroracer, Sure wish you where here, I have enough left over stuff from painting the Camaro , don't make my mistake I over bought everything. Good Luck how about some photos?

Forgot to say , racers have more sit time , while hobbies have more garage time...Hahaha

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Normal winter day feels colder, since it's been pretty mild this winter. I may go work in the cold garage this weekend to get my stuff ready to pull out and taken care of. I guess I'll watch the game Sunday, somewhere. I'm rooting for my pool numbers, the Falcons, and good commercials, in that order.

Nick, good luck this weekend. Let us know how you do. I run points, and I want to do well, but I'm fine with missing days for whatever reasons. I always wanted to catch up with Justified, it's still on the list.

1258, I'm looking forward to how the wagon turns out.

Ice cream time again! You all have a great weekend! Go Falcons!
Ice Cream

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Spent all day yesterday at DR, tests, etc. Conclusion is sinus infection causing the cough, cough causing pain in back I thought was kidneys......said I will live and gave me something for the nose and some pain pills.....Life is good!.....Piedmont is having a test and tune Sun after noon so I guess I will load it up on the open trailer and go give it a try.....Didn't get your number Chuck and I can't find it here. I'll PM you my new number

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern , good news on both counts have a great time... Double Thumbs up

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Chilly out here again today. Rained yesterday and we're supposed to get it again Monday.
Looks like the NHRA pros are knockin 'em dead down at old Firebird in AZ. Some dam good numbers yesterday. I'm waiting for the pro stock numbers from today. Oughta be interesting.
Good luck Fern.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nice, sunny, day in the 60s. Went to Piedmont to test and got in 2 passes before one of those N/T leakers oiled down the place. Guess I am ready. 6.39@106 and 6.40@105.9. The track was working well. Feel better now. Catch you all later Big Grin

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Fern I bet it was great to get back out there.

RED and Chuck, I will post the photos this upcoming weekend when it's done. I'm actually getting some Centerline Telestars soon for the wagon. Swapping a guy tires that I have for the wheels he's selling.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a good weekend. Good times with friends for me, and helping a buddy swap engines in his Malibu. The Super Bowl was exciting, I'll say that much, even if I didn't like the outcome.

Nick, how did you do yesterday?

Floyd, I saw Leah and Courtney's numbers, didn't catch anything on Pro Stock yet. Anybody lay down some good passes? I hope there is a little more competition this year.

Fern, sounds like you are. I'm glad all was working well. When are you racing next?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Yep, it's raining out here.
Got some pictures of the progress on the truck. Got some bad news too. Rear end housing was so bent it had to be replaced. $$$$$ Hope Marty has plenty of money set aside.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of MM Racing
posted Hide Post
Hey Floyd,
Those pictures remind me of my El Camino days. I did the back-half in my garage putting a set of 32x16x15's under it. I'll bet you will enjoy more meat back there.

-Phil Watkins
Midnight Machine Racing

Posts: 133 | Location: Arizona | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I hope so. We went from a 10-5 to a 13-5 wide. Kept them same 29-5 diameter. My boy spoke to the fabricator today and he said he will finish up this weekend. He will get the cage certed first of next week. Marty is paying for the new rear end and the cert so I guess I better dig up a coffee can. I gotta pay for the axles and the spool and the rest of the cage which is just the halo and down bars.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I had a phone interview today with another company. Davita actually. They have a pretty decent size office around me not far. It's for a Supervisor position and sounds like a good company and a lot of growth.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Warmed up nicely today, mid to high 50s, good thing, because it's raining all day. I don't have to shovel rain, so I'll enjoy the warmth while it lasts. Back to winter tomorrow.

Floyd, looks good! I hope the rear and axles are done in time for the Meet. If you find an extra coffee can, send it east. Big Grin

1258, those wheels look good, will match the wagon nicely. Good luck with the next steps in the interview process.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Chuck, he says it will be done. Marty called in a bunch of favors so the guy busted his butt. Marty helps him out a lot with stuff for the 10-5 cars he builds.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Tuesday to all, weekend was a good one! Funny Sunday after racing went out for dinner watching Falcons winning left after halftime , got a little Ice Cream and walk the dog around her favorite digs go home turn the TV on "what the heck" LOL....

Floyd, that's look real good , I like your choice in skins too....

Chuck, Sunday was a great day for racing. Off the trailer went 10.499 with a .019 light next time run 10.511 with a .009 light.First round get a Dragster that runs 7.27 I'm on a 10.53 both our lights in high twenty's .002 apart I kill what I'm hold plus some and go 10.551 He takes way to much stripe and breaks out. Second round I has paired with s S/G car running all out his dial 8.93 mine 10.51 again. His .010 light sealed the deal at the tree , as I was .050 be hide that...hard to win at that point. Saw it, but could not react fast enough to bump down, went another 10.519 and was done... Did a TNT hit trying to go 11.15, that's the adjusted index for S/ST in Tucson. It was the first time shifting on time and shifting on the stop so I thought I would be there taking 3 or 4 hits hunting for it. Went 11.141 first time out so I loaded and went home.

Fern, Sounds like your already to race...

Camaroracer , Wow you have a lot going on, best of luck with the job stuff. Great trade on the wheel deal, paint coming along?

Have a Great Day !!!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Going to be a nice day today and tomorrow with temperature in the 70's. Rain is forecast for Friday and Saturday. What did you expect? It's Winternationals time. The sportsmanh classes are going to get screwed again. Maybe the wind will come up and clear it up for the boys.
The hay hauler is right on schedule. Axles are due in Tuesday and this will be the first time I've ever heard that a fabricator actually came in on schedule. Now if I could just sell those two pair of 10" wheels and tires I have on racing junk I might be able to pay for this deal.
The wheel tubs came out just awesome.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey all. Getting some wacky weather this week. Supposed to be low 60s today and then snow tomorrow and about 4-8 inches worth too. Fricking weird.

RED I'll be washing the Malibu tonight to get her cleaned up and make sure she's ready. Give it a couple days to dry up. Saturday is the big day.