DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 ... 788
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! It was nice this morning, around 50, but it's going down all day, and we'll be getting snow tonight, 1-3" into tomorrow.

Floyd, that's great. I can't wait to see it all done. I hope the wind keeps Pomona dry, or dry-ish. Football is over, I'll watch the freak show if I'm home. Sucks that the sportsman will get pushed around as usual.

Nick, I know all about how hard it is to win .050 behind. Been there waaaaaay too many times! Sleep Nice hit on the 11.15 index. And hey, you were racing!

1258, you guys are getting more than we are. Getting a warm up for the weekend?

Michele's mom is in the hospital, but last I looked this morning, was doing a lot better than yesterday. Keeping her for a day or so to be sure all is good. Praying

Mike is hurting. His right foot has an ulcer that won't heal, and his ankle is sore. That's what happened with the left foot. He has his head up and is full of faith. Praying

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All... Been having a great week so far , hope you all are doing the same as it is Hump Day. Been trying to get ahead of the game with my tax's, fun found two different file's that said 2016 Tax Papers... LOL One was in my hand writing the other in the wife's, one was filed under Tax's the other filed under Income Tax's.... Glad this is not my office... LOL

Camaroracer , I cleaned my car real good and after I dried it took air to all the cracks and cervices. Then went over car with a good surface prep, then use a tack rag over the whole car , surface prep one more time and tacked if off one more time.

Everyone have A Great Day.....

Treed BY CHUCK AGIAN !!!! Eyes

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck it's supposed to warm up to mid 40s. I just need to make sure my heater works so I can get the garage warmed up before we paint. I cleaned up the body some with filler in some small spots but at the same time not going for show quality here.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Camaroracer1258:
I cleaned up the body some with filler in some small spots but at the same time not going for show quality here.

I did mine in satin black , no show quality here. It just made the money I spent on materials look good not outstanding... LOL
You know going down the track from the stands it looks pretty nice...Haha 10 feet back in the pits looks good , satin black hides a lot of in perfections... Good Luck

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Got about 6" of snow out my way, maybe 4" or so here in downtown Pittsburgh. Looks like it's a pretty good storm out east and north.

Nick, I just did my taxes. I only have me to blame on messing up where stuff is and what it's called lol. I wouldn't mind getting my car all one color someday. Maybe satin black for awhile, if it's a work in progress, until I can have the body work in nice shape. Then it would get the stock color, Tahitian turquoise.

1258, I'm guessing you already know this, but if you're using a torpedo kerosene heater, it will put a residue on the car. Found that out doing my quarters in 2010.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck I didn't know that actually. It's looking like it will warm up to 50 degrees tomorrow. I might get lucky and not have to run it long.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning guy's ... Been a wet and weird week, is it a full moon? Just glad its over. I'm taking next week off 4 day race in Tucson starting Thursday, work has just gotta wait. Lots of heavy hitters to take out....Hahaha
Tomorrow I'll be up at 5am to make 9am gate for S/P and S/ST race (weather is calling for rain at Wild Horse, so my trip may be in vein 20% chance till 3pm then 45% after that ), it will be my warm up for the big Showdown in the West deal next week.

Chuck , I hope to get it together for the IRS this coming week , so I can get the tax's filed...doing bodywork is kinda fun, it was the first thing I was taught as a kid working at a chevy dealership way back when.

You Guy's Have a Great Weekend....

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Cold start to the day, but the sun is out, makes the snow look nicer, and it seem warmer out there. Supposed to be in the 50s this weekend, and I am hoping to get the engine and trans out. It's a lot easier to work in 50* weather than 30.

1258, I think the largest part of my issue was I had the heater pointed to where we were working in a 4 car garage. Good luck! Post pics.

Nick, it is a full moon. I hope the weather stays dry for you. I liked the little bit of bodywork I did, as long as someone else can do the welding. The finishing parts were cool, sanding, wet sanding. I have patience.

Ice cream time again! You all have a great weekend! Ice Cream

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So you won't see it in pictures but there's plenty of body work that should have been done that wasn't so it's ehhhh. Either way I just wanted some new color. Turned out real well. Now just need to peel the paper back and hope it all turns out well, then paint the trim and some other pieces black.

20170211_212826 by rharnsbergerjr, on Flickr
20170211_202702 by rharnsbergerjr, on Flickr
20170212_094755 by rharnsbergerjr, on Flickr
20170212_094809 by rharnsbergerjr, on Flickr

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
That's a lot of metal to paint. Gotta admire your ambition. I would be heading to Earl Schieb.

Got a call from that manufacturing consultant my old company hired. He wants to buy me breakfast this morning. Since he is on the clock and I'm not I picked a place right around the corner from me. He's gotta drive all the way up from San Juan Capistrano. Sucks to be him! I just might have steak and eggs.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Make it worth it for you Floyd. Sucker.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a great weekend. I spent Saturday with my sister and her family, good stuff. I got started on the Cutlass yesterday, got a good bit done. I'll have engine and trans out this weekend for sure.

1258, I'll have to check the pics when I get home. I'm glad you're satisfied with how it turned out.

Floyd, definitely go for the steak and eggs. With a few mimosas.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Guy's .... just a little note , did good racing Saturday in S/P got to 1/4s then and other door car put a .006 and ran his number with me not seeing a window it get in to.
In S/ST they to the final only to go .007 red , other racer light was .044 I run on the number with a three .
Payout was good so racing this week is Free...

Have a Great week everyone..... Double Thumbs up

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Any time it is free and your car don't break its a good weekend---glad you did well Double Thumbs up

Posts: 6258 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Floyd tell him consults cost a new pair of slicks or else you don't time. Tell em you have a race car to work on. Eyes Laughing

Posts: 1922 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Had a good breakfast and a good conversation. I gave up a couple of small things and he thanked me very much for my input. He said he might call me again, if it would be all right. I said, next time it's going to cost. Tongue

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Roller coaster temps this week. It was cold and brisk yesterday, but we're supposed to push 50 today, before going back to 30s for the rest of the week with some snow.

Nick, that's a good day of racing! Salt in the wound, going .044 to your double O red and dead on. Nice work!

Fern, I'm with you. Back in the trailer on its own power is a good day.

Footloose, I like the way you think. Big Grin

Floyd, you're like a pusher... a little taste for free, next hit, gotta pay!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Afternoon all. Speaking of work. I hate this place I'm at. Doing minimal work knowing I'm being let go on Friday. I have long interview tomorrow with Davita for 1.5 hours. Phone interview tomorrow too in the afternoon with another company. Busy day. All this and I want to promote the **** out of my real estate business, but at the same time don't want it to effect me getting a full time job.

RED awesome on the good weekend. Probably helped you with your confidence for the start of the year. Or is it midyear for you?

Floyd, you are too nice of a man it seems like.

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Floyd is a good guy. Smile Tell him you need sposorship. Make me your racing control manager I will find you some extra retirement cash for consultation fees. I AINT CHEEp and neither is your truck.Drive past his shop and shootem a 6K rev. Laughing If he is too cheap to pay you go down to homedepot at 6 AM. and bring back a truck load of illegals needing work Big Grin
CAMARO 1258 you hang on to that liscense you worked hard to get it and it may become your ACE in the hole. Big Grin seen it before. Camaro 1258 I have a 79 malibu wagon corvette purple pearl. yrs; ago it won top 10 best looking drag car at Atlanta dragway. All work was done in my garage then taped up for a pro to paint it. This guy was one of the best ever. 20 yr old paint and bodywork looks ruff now. I started with an almost perfect body BUT the tailgate is a Made out of bondo. I plan to do it right. I have won some races in that turd but had fun.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Footloose,

Posts: 1922 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
I guess the hay hauler is done. Or at least it looks like it. Axles came in, wheels are on, new rear end housing installed, I don't know if the cage is finished yet. Find out today, Marty just got back from Australia yesterday.