DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all, what's going on? Had a killer breakfast Mile high biscuit's smothered with the best gravy and some of the blackest coffee... Had to have a slice of Apple pie too... Downtown LA is a weird place at 4:30 am , love those parking meters that take credit cards only. Then this place is cash only for breakfast , they must be doing something right been there since 1924 , open 24 hours day... That's just over 814,000 hours being open straight (they were closed for two days in 1985 after a big earthquake)

Fern, hope you get some help putting the hood on that can be a little tricky. But after all you have done that will be a piece of cake for you...

Camaroracer, I'll be think about your painting the car that day as I have a S/ST race and S/P at Wild Horse Pass in Chandler that day.

Chuck , heard you have a date with a tranny this weekend! That going to happen?

Everyone have A Great Weekend....Have some Ice Cream and send me the BILL..... Double Thumbs up

WOW POST NUMBER 12,0000 Party Eyes Party

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Afternoon, all! TGIF! I hope you all have a good weekend lined up. I do, seeing friends and family all weekend.

Floyd, what gear do you run? Something steep to get the mass moving?

Fern, glad to hear you're up and running. I figure I'm good at 1 3/4", with my small pump gas mid 12 second heap. I have thought about 2" for the next build, whenever that will be, because I will look to go mid to low 11s then.

1258, I forgot about the plastidip. I'm looking forward to your results.

Nick, I saw we hit an even 12,000, pretty cool. You're making me want biscuits, even though I just had lunch. No, too busy this weekend, and too cold. I need to fix my torpedo heater, or bum someone's for a weekend. I can work in the cold, but man, my joints get stiff from laying on the cold concrete.

You all have a great weekend. Spend it with good people, and don't take them for granted. My good friend lost his wife of 18 years this week, funeral is tomorrow. Life is too damn short. If that doesn't call for ice cream, shame on you for 6 weeks.
Ice Cream

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Afternoon Y'all!

Chuck, I run a 4:30 Motive pro gear with a Strange spool in a Strange housing 3rd member. I had 4:88,s but I figured that would be to violent on the launch and I don't want to twist the engine too far. I want it to live.

Took the truck to the fabricator yesterday and mapped out his plan of attack. Narrow the rear end 2-3 inches on each side, put in 35 spline axles and new spool, new drive shaft loop, wishbone for rear end, finish the cage for 8.50 cert and square everything up to get're down the track.
Said he would be done in plenty of time for the March Meet. Can't wait.

Posts: 4820 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Wow that sounds like a lot , be ready to detune it you may go in high or even mid 9s...

Mine is just right 10.10s in Fontana , no 9.99 cert's for me..

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Wow that sounds like a lot , be ready to detune it you may go in high or even mid 9s...

Mine is just right 10.10s in Fontana , no 9.99 cert's for me..

I will definetely de-tune for me. Marty wants to go fast, I'm fine with my 10.60 index. He has the license, I don't and don't plan on getting one. He misses his hifg 7's altered.

Posts: 4820 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Happy Saturday guys. I finally passed all of the real estate exams I need to. Off to actually get my license in Harrisburg and then I can sign up with a broker. I'm so stoked.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Back to winter here, but still not bad. Couple of dustings of snow, including this morning, hanging around 30. I hope you all had a good weekend.

Floyd, I'm with you, I like my stuff to live. Sounds like a nice plan. I'm excited for you. I hope he has it done in time for the March Meet. That does sound like a lot.

1258, congrats! Are you going to pursue a career in it?

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck I'm still trying to convince my wife to let me do so. I would like to but there's no benefits attached to it and obviously no guarantee money. Anyone can tell you though that I'm a ****ing work horse when it comes to any job I've been through.

As of now, it will be part time, but I'll be working my ass off to find clients left and right.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Chuck, he assured us it would be done. Told him to save the finish of the cage for last just in case. As long as the axles get here in time it should work out. The frame doesn't need anything, it's already narrow enough for the wider wheels and tires. The ladder bar brackets are moved inside also.
Got my fingers crossed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Floyd Staggs,

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Hard to believe this is the last day of January already. That went by pretty quick. I need to get moving on my junk, but the winter wants to stay winter now. Go figure, in Pittsburgh, cold in the winter.

1258, I hear you on working hard. No benefits is a hard spot, with the family. I hope it works out well for you.

Floyd, that's good about the frame, less work. Nice to have Currie there near you for the axles too.

I only saw real quick last night before I conked out, but Mannie was back home with Mike!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon.... This weekend was a bust, sick all weekend but tried to work and enjoy life right thru this flu... Drove out to the track to watch the new Arizona Stock and Super Stock Assoc. first race, I lasted one round before I was dead on my feet....LOL

The installation of a rear Disc brake setup got done, next week is Tucson's first Two day team event in which I'm only going out for Sunday, so I hope everything is going to be OK.
I'm planning on running on the STOP, To set the car up for S/ST on Feb. 11th as I'm changing stop numbers and shift times. So this Sundays race will be my TNT...

Chuck, Fern said Floyd and I should layoff the weather talk, but yours looks Cold....

Camaroracer, I think I told you before I worked in real state in early 70s as a kid. Made some great money, just was not the direction that made sense for me at the time. I mean being 21 and being surrounded by 55 year old plus was rough. Budgeting you income at that age was funny, I was just married and selling one or two properties a month created a good tax burden until I started quarterly payments to the IRS... I hope your biggest problem you have will be keeping your income in your bank....Good Luck

That's all I Got... Have a Great Day...

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
OK RED----72 here today Big Grin NC ain't so bad some times. I still been feeling a little under the weather so haven't worked on car anymore BUT it is basically ready to go except for putting on the hood and front wheels. All tuning is done. I take off the front wheels to get to the header bolts better then set it down till the rotors touch so its low down to work under the hood. Maybe Mike will come visit once in a while. Looks like it will be nice tomorrow.

Posts: 6225 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern , you always make me laugh.... Thanks Double Thumbs up

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Damn Fern, 72 you lucky *******. The weather is up and down like a roller coaster here. Can't wait til the 50s even.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I wasn't there but they raced at Kinston last Sat and Sunday. Jose Diaze from Ohio won Sunday

Posts: 6225 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!

Starting week 3 of retirement. Lovin it! Got a call from my old boss yesterday and it seems they have hired a manufacturing consultant to try to stop the bleeding. He wants to talk to me to see if I have any insight as to what is wrong. I just don't know how much I want to help them. Their biggest problem is the brotherinlaw of the CFO that hastened my retirement. I had planned on working part time till I couldn't perform any more and I just got tired of the daily frustration and arguments. Maybe I should get a consulting fee. I just want them to cash me out of my position in the company and the property.

It's going to be 69* out here today and nice till we get some rain on Friday and Saturday. Might have to find something constructive to do around the house today.

But, as the song says, manana, manana, manana is good enough for me!

Praying Angel hug

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! First day of the new month. For being the shortest, February seems to last the longest. Must be the anticipation of spring.

Nick, I know that tired feeling, where just being upright wears you out when you're fighting that bug. Changing to shifting on time, I think I saw? I hope you kick that bug out. Don't forget the hot sauce! Big Grin

Fern, hot sauce for you too! I still have the inner fenderwells in, but I've gone through the flap above the A arms for those back 2 bolts on the passenger side. I didn't know Jose had won at Kingston, cool.

1258, you kick the rest of the bug?

Floyd, that's great, you deserve to love retirement. I think a consulting fee is fair. Make it at least enough to cover the upgrades to the hay hauler. Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning guy's.... Happy hump day to you all, But Floyd and Fern I just had a thought every day is Saturday on your calendar...LOL

Chuck, I'm already over the flu, but I'll still have some hot sauce for good measure.

Floyd , "I should get a consulting fee" If they want your help make them pay , Payment should be done by writing a check to "The Hay Hauler" sounds like sponsorship money!!!

Have a Great Day to all....

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Damn RED sucks you got the flu too.

Chuck we are are all over the bug here, but last week we took the little guy to doctors since something didn't seem right to him. He had ear infection in one of his ears and fluid in both.

Floyd, **** them unless they are going to pay you. You aren't on their payroll anymore. Enjoy your retirement. My pops retired at age 62 and has been loving every second of it (66 this year I think). Sometimes he doesn't know what to do with himself, but with 3 properties and trying to get his race car out, he's busy enough now.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck PM me your phone number so I can send you a pic. 70+ here once more. Car is ready to go now hood on everything done......I go to the Dr tomorrow---maybe he can knock this the rest of the way out of me. But I will be 76 in a couple of months and health hasn't really been that bad so far. Been retired 16 years and have never once missed it once.......Glad everyone that is here is ok and thinking about summer Double Thumbs up