DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All... Like Floyd said brrrr, cold this morning ... Tucson had a warm 39 when I left for work this morning at 4:30am. I had had a pretty good weekend , rain Saturday morning and last night too. Finally did an oil change on the dually , been putting it off for weeks.... LOL

Chuck , all I can say is GO Falcons...

Floyd, its kind of funny your truck and my Camaro would be a side by side 1/4 race . I run a little 406 sbc with a 1.40s sixty and 10.40s 125 MPH at 4400 adjusted. I'm a little lighter at 2780 lbs. with me and fuel and I run on methanol... LOL

Fern, Sound like your getting close to stabbing it back in....

Camaroracer, When you posted your little girl was sick , in the back of my mind I knew it was just a matter of time for you to catch it too..
Hope all in the family are feeling better today!

Everyone Have A Great day...

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
RED, your right. My extra 134 cubic inches and extremely1220 lbs makes us about even.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hey everyone----still coughing a little but hope its going away.....Motor is sitting in car. Long way to go as spent 4 hours on headers and still didn't get both sides done.....if it wasn't for those hateful things I would probably be done but hey, I am making progress. Hope everyone is well and having a good day......

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Alright Fern, that's great you made a lot of head way. Double Thumbs up

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Fern you are definitely making some headway.

I was finally able to hold down a meal last night. Only took about 2 days. I think I heard this one bug lasts for 48 hours which is about how long it did last. Phew.

I did some sanding on the body of the wagon this past weekend to get rid of some surface rust.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Supposed to hit 50 today, then it's back to winter for a couple of weeks it looks like. It's a shame, for me, that the weather was so nice for the car show last weekend. I could have used that for garage time. Now I'll be pulling the trans in the cold. I've done it before, makes me worker faster. Big Grin

J, is that cold for you all? I thought AZ was warmer than that in the winter.

Floyd, straight 91, or do you mix a little race fuel in? I run on Sunoco 93 octane, 2 stations along my route to the track.

Fern, the bolt next to tube 3 on the passenger side, I have to have Matt Obertanec get. My sausage fingers don't stand a chance, and that's with 1 3/4" tubes, guessing yours are bigger. Do you run a diaper? I'm planning on one for this season, heard good things about DRE's fit for Olds.

1258, glad you're on the mend. I hope the rest of the house is too. Painting the whole car?

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!

Brrr, 38* right now. Was colder earlier. Got my gas bill yesterday, 251 bucks. I might have to get a part time job just to pay my utilities.

Chuck, I put a couple of gallons of 110 just for safety sake. I had a detonation problem from sucking oil from the valley cause my intake wasn't flat a few years ago and when I had the heads done the head builder told me to run a little race gas just to be safe. That detonation cost me a few valves and a bunch of money. A little lead doesn't hurt.

Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all, Hump day is upon us and I'm ready for the weekend. When down to 31 this morning in Tucson. I had a real tough time getting up, just want to sleep and forget the world around us sometime. The breakfast this morning really helped my attitude, its amazing the healing power of gravy..... I'm so very tried of the press and TV news I'm boycotting all of it the rest of the week..... LOL

Chuck, the winters here are mild most years , but every once in a while it gets a little cold. Well for us that is, 5 years ago had 4 days with a high of 32 and nights in low teens. Had a lot of freeze plugs replaced that year , racers though cars in trailers would be ok...LOL
Race this weekend high should be 59 but I'm passing cause I still have things to do on the car.

Fern ,when I had the Vega I had one bolt that the wife had to do with her tiny fingers, after it was started it would take me a lot of time turning it 1/4 turn with a modified wrench ...

You all have a Great Day...

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ok -- progress report. Didn't feel to hot this morning so didn't go to garage till after lunch. Yes Chuck that one, and the back one on that side and the one where the flange is split on the drivers side. I have 2in headers and the back tube on the drivers side goes outside the frame. Anyway about all I have left is to put on the carb and radiator... Might get it fired up tomorrow--maybe! Chuck knows Big Grin You all wish me luck, still coughing Mad

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Damn you're lucky to even be going racing RED.

I found out some ****ed up sh*t yesterday. There was the chance we might be going to the city and now we are. But my friend who is planning on transitioning over to a company we share office space with told me that they are looking to get rid of my role before the move probably which means I'm out of the job. This place sucks anyways. Luckily my friend took it upon himself to try and get me in this one company his brother works with, so we will see where that goes. Anyways hate the ****ing CEO here.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!

It's finally warming up. Only got down to 37* this morning. Gotta get my lazy a$$ out and change the plug on the trailer so it has lights and brakes. Going to take the hay hauler to the fabricator this morning so he can start his magic. He finally has time to work on it. He says it will be ready for the March Meet. He only has one short month to work. I just hope it don't take much time to get the new axles. Luckily Currie is right here.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to everyone... Wow! Its been a little cool here as Floyd reported. Breakfast was different today, Real spicy eggs, hash browns and so real strong coffee, you know the type of coffee that the spoon stands straight up in the mug... LOL.... Talk about a buzz.,,, Wired beyond belief....

Camaroracer, Your right about that in February we have 3 team events , a four day Big buck race and a S/ST race... And that is only the local stuff {within 90 miles) Sorry abut the job news, that sucks no matter how you find out.

Fern, looks like you got the heavy stuff done. Hope your able to fire that Olds up today.

Floyd , I remember seeing a photo when your open trailer had blown out a couple of tires , is that the same one needing axles ?

Well have a Great Thursday ... Wave

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Glad it's closer to the weekend.

Wow, Floyd, even my gas bill doesn't get that high here! Holy schnike! Smart move to put some lead in. I did the same this year, mixing in some fuel a friend wasn't using after his car broke. Might be all in my head, but it seems like the car was even more consistent with it. I hope all goes well with the fabricator and axles.

Nick, ya gotta love gravy. I'm with you, tired of all the news. I stick with the Post Gazette, and end with the comics. Big Grin I've fallen victim to thinking my car in a trailer would be ok with the low mix of antifreeze, and got proven wrong.

Fern, the back one on the passenger side is a pain too. I run Hookers Super Comps, and they fit inside the framerail, so the driver's side isn't too bad. I did modify a shorty wrench, taking 90* out of the box end to help it get that one.

1258, man, that sucks. Good thing you got the heads up on it, and can get out in front of it. I hope your lead works into something.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
RED, the axles are for the hay hauler. We are narrowing the rear end for wider wheels and tires.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
LOL .... I sure have a mix up going on... Rolling

What size tire you going to , Sure do like my over size M/T 15x15x33 on my Camaro , plus with my big tire combo skin's last 2 seasons or over 220 hit before replacing them. My old Goodyear's 1984 I would only get one season or about 110 hits before sidewall's and rubber were done.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
MT 29.5x13.5x15. I wanted to keep the diameter down so it doesn't't screw with my gear ratio.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Got it running today----no leaks and sounds good. Still got to put the hood back on and a few other odds and ends but the hard part is done. Did it all by my self so try that at almost 76 years old. Chuck mine are Hookers also but give me a fit because the motor is moved back a little. Be surprised how much difference 2in makes. Anyway supposed to get cold tonight so I better turn on the heat in the garage. You guys in CA and AZ need to stop about the cold. I have lived there and It just isn't that cold till it strikes ZERO Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
You guys in CA and AZ need to stop about the cold. I have lived there and It just isn't that cold till it strikes ZERO Big Grin

You got it, No talking about the 50s and 60s we are having today... I will not say anything when night time lows are in 30s and 40s.... my lips are sealed from now on.... unless I forget!!!! Rolling

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey guys. Looks like February 11th my buddy and I are going to tackle painting the Malibu. Remember I will be using plastidip. I will make sure you guys get first look at it the following day. I'm so stoked.