DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning guy's ... rained most of the night but I'm seeing a little sun now. Sure hope the rain don't screw the weekend up, but Saturdays forecast looks grim. Wow... January 20Th this will be very interesting to watch , it seems like the entertainment businesses is really trying to cash in on this whole thing. This not like he will not be there for the next couple year's .... I Really wonder if news programs will have news in the future ... Or it will just be Entertainment Tonight 24 hours a day...hahaha

Floyd , Truck look really good , no GREAT ! I always been a Goodyear guy till I bolted on my M/T's , now if you gave me new GY I would sell them and buy my M/T's... Eyes

Well guy's Have a Great Day...

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck that's what he's thinking. The vacuum is good for the street and all, but not like the mechanical can't do just as well. He hopes to pick up some more power with that as well. He's going to take the carb off the 383 that's in the Camaro that my brother races and try on my car.

Also Chuck, that bug you are talking about my 2 year old got. All sorts of problems throughout the day and then throwing up several times in the middle of the night. Felt so bad for her.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
I think our drought is over. It's raining and it's supposed to go on for a couple of days. Sure glad the truck is in Martys warehouse so it doesn't get wet. The detail guys even did the engine compartment and the interior. Marty said they cleaned about 20 lbs of rubber from the 1/4 panels and underneath.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! The World of Wheels car show is this weekend in downtown Pittsburgh. Set up was last night, got to walk around a little and see some of the rides. There are some cool cars there. I'll be in the KRP booth tomorrow and Sunday. Always good to bs with friends coming through. I hope we can load out Sunday in enough time to get home for the second half of the Steeler game.

Floyd, good to hear the tires are new. My trailer has only left the track a couple times in the last few years, and that was local. The tires are showing signs of dry rot. I won't tow with them. The truck is looking awesome!

J, I'm old school, prefer to read the newspaper in my hand. Never cared for tv news, any station, so I don't watch it. I hope the weather works out for you this weekend.

1258, easy enough to swap the carb back and forth. Is the one on the 383 bigger? Ugh, I feel bad for your daughter. My sister's kids just finished up with that, knock on wood. Worst part was, her oldest got sick in the middle of the night, she was on the top bunk. It made for more cleanup.

Ice cream time again! You all have a great weekend. GO STEELERS!
Ice Cream Ice Cream

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all ... Dang rain,rain and more rain, people living on the hills of SoCa must be shaking in there boots right about now. Went by Venice Beach this morning and saw some rather large waves while sucking down some coffee, got soaked to the bone in 5 minutes.
Well today is the big day , everyone hold on we are in for a wild ride.... LOL

Floyd , well that 20lbs. should be worth a couple thou....LOL The detailer needs a big tip!

Chuck, Saturdays game you going? Is close to you?

Mike, where the heck are you , you need to visit more often...

Camaroracer, I can not image having a sick little girl, I sure hope she is better.

Fern, did you finish up with that cold yet? Got take care of yourself , your the guy that's got to do it...

Everyone Have A Great Weekend..... rainy

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Cold, or whatever it is, is improving. Camaro a good carb man will make use of the vacuum secondary My car runs 6.30s at around 105 in the 1/8 and 60s in the 1.33---1.35 area consistent as can be---with vacuum secondary! But I do nothing conventional. You all have a good day Big Grin

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It's 42* and drying out here. Not supposed to get any more rain till tomorrow. Yesterday it rained like piss pouring out of a boot. I had lakes all over my place and I live on a hill. A house across from me had to call the fire department to help them stop the water running into their place. Their property drops a couple of feet down from street level and their 2 driveways tilt towards the house. We must have had a inch of rain in a hour or so during one torrent. It rained all day long. Poor Buddy had to get a little wet when he went potty. I used my umbrella. Maybe it will be dry enough today so we can leave the house.
Y'll have a gooden. Praying Angel hug rainy

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I hope you guys aren't getting tired of seeing pictures of the hay hauler. Like I said, Marty had it detailed and it's never been this clean before. Probably won't be again. I gotta figure out how to keep that rubber from sticking to the tail gate and quarters.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It is cold out here. Supposed to get maybe to 50* and rain off and on all day. It rained all day yesterday and poor Buddy was suffering. He don't like to get wet but he had to a couple of times.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Very windy out here today.

Whatever my daughter had with the bug my wife and I got last night. So not fun.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Camaroracer1258:
Very windy out here today.

Whatever my daughter had with the bug my wife and I got last night. So not fun.

Chicken soup and crackers. Never fails.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Wind is kicking up here this morning, which is good, blow the stink away of last night's Steeler game. Oh well. Go Falcons! All that doesn't matter compared to people dealing with real life problems, like the folks dealing with the tornadoes and storms.

Fern, really? We're unconventional enough running Olds powered Olds, and you're taking it even further! Big Grin

Floyd, heck no, post up a ton of pics! I like seeing them. I feel bad for your neighbors. Water damage sucks.

1258, like Floyd said, chicken soup, any soup almost, with a couple dashes of hot sauce. Hot sauce is medicinal in my book. I hope you feel better.

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Morning. Chuck the info is true but I am going to put the 1050 Dominator back on when I put the engine back in.....I have 3 different carbs and they all have had a ton of work and all perform different----I run them all pretty lean for consistency. They have lots of different add ons for the vac carbs. My 66 never had anything but a Vac carb.....anyway raining for 3 days now got to get to my car. That's a cool ride Floyd, really sharp. Oh by the way I feel fine but seem to still have an occasional coughing spell. Tornado got SGMP, the second track hit in a year---darn shame.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Fern. It's fairly quick too for 4000 lbs. I launch off the brake at 4000 1.40's 60 ft, shift at 6400 and go through kites at 65-6600. 10.40's @ 125. I've never run it out cause it spins the tires at 6600. That's why we are going to a bigger tire. It don't start making power till 6600. Not bad for a pump gas 540.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
5 hours since last post... Engine is fixed, new pan installed, and ready to go back in. Pretty stout Floyd. That thing really that heavy?

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I was able to hold down a bowl of chicken noodle last night but that was about it. Only thing I've eaten since lunch time on Sunday.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
check your pm's Mike Hawks.

ep-mornin

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
5 hours since last post... Engine is fixed, new pan installed, and ready to go back in. Pretty stout Floyd. That thing really that heavy?

Yes Sir, Fern. 4000 lbs even with me in it on the way to the lanes.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Came in yesterday with a light jacket, fine for the morning commute, but not good for the evening commute. Windy, rain mixed with snow, bleah. So I medicated my cold wet self with dry clothes and a trip to the local bar and grill for sloppy fries and wings. They were medicinal. Big Grin

Fern, I go more like me, on the fat side. Laughing Glad you got the engine taken care of.

Floyd, I didn't know you were on pump gas. And you get weasel pee for pump gas out there in CA, don't you, like highest of 91 octane?

1258, good start. Don't forget the hot sauce!

Pauley, I'll post him a note on FB that he has a PM from you here.

You all have a good day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Too cold to get up and get going, 36*.

Yeah, Chuck, 91 octane. the motor is 10.5-1 with 118 cc chambers and I only run 36* of advance and like I said, I have never leaned on it. Don't need to for the D/Gas index of 10.60.
Praying Angel hug boring