DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
marty, you've got a big weekend planned! we took Jacey up to the zoo (Natural Bridge) a couple weeks ago. she LOVES riding the elephant (Asha) there. Rides are in early afternoon. i rode with her last time (was my 1st elephant ride but it was Jacey's 3rd elephant ride and she isn't even 3 yet!). right now they have baby tigers, and you can pet a baby donkey and baby camel. watch out for them giraffe's-- one accidentally bit Jennifer while she was feeding it hard enough to draw blood!

Posts: 467 | Location: Fairlawn, VA | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Someone unplug the clouds for tomorrow, please. I want to race.

Marty, sounds like you are going to have a good weekend. But who's taking the naps, you or Lacey? Smile

Racers are the best people. Karen, Nikki's mom, was a racer too. Actually, the 455 I have, she used to run when she had her '81 Grand Prix. This note is from her Care Page post last night:

Now, I need to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone out there. I am just overwhelmed with the support that we are getting. From people we know to people we never met. It is just mind blowing that there are "Thinking of Nikki" stickers on race cars in other states and that Nikki has received gifts from places like Florida, and California. We are such a lucky family to have all of this support. It shows that there are nice people out there. The messages, gifts, cards, food, prayers, support and more are just so appreciated. Thank you all and God Bless

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
X100! Thanks!!!!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
So glad to hear Nikki is doing well! Costco didn't find my key or remote for my Trailblazer that I lost there earlier this week so I ordered a new remote on ebay and another racer here in AZ has supplied me with the programming procedures! Thank goodness the type is large enough that I can read it! Wife pulled a zuchini squash outa the garden yesterday that I had missed and it was at least 12" long and 3" in diameter! That is a big 'un! And it just goes to show you how blind an old man can be! Gonna try and "tune up" my LM-1 to get my air-fuel mixture back in line today with help from Greg at Motorsport Innovations. These things really get you some valued information and once you got it set and watch your EGT's your car will run consistent as long as other mechancial problems don't pop up or you do like I do and go "brain dead" at the tree! Knee continues to heal well! Another month and I might be able to trot to the mailbox, if I don't get winded going down the driveway! You all have a good weekend as we are looking at having 18 straight days of 100 degrees plus for the month of May by Sunday! But summer ain't here yet! Eyes Banging Head Wink Big Grin I'm stupid Smile just do it Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Christine, if you talk to Karen, there will be fireworks after tomorrow night's Pirate game. Hopefully she and Nikki can catch a good view of them.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornim Y'all!

Another day in paradise. Got my new tires yesterday, no charge, from Micky Thompson and had a great dinner with my son and daughterinlaw last night for his birthday. Today I think I'll just kick back and enjoy.
Everybody have a gooden. Sleep

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Floyd you're up way to early, Wink go back to bed Sleep You have beat all of us easterners up this morning,good job........

Beautiful day here this morning,going to be a good day to go racing Hum kinda want too, well see how it works out.
Well hope all Ya'll have a gooden today and a safe and fun racing weekend..........................see Ya'll afterwhile........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Top O The Morn folks.
Well we made it through the first nite. Hawks, I believe I got ya on the rice krispies with whipped cream and sprinkles. Last night we had scrambled eggs with corn. That youngin loves her corn. This morn a bit more normal breakfast, more eggs and pancakes, strawberries. Good thing I hasve chickens, youngin loves eggs also. Smile
I got my biggest kick last night when shes in krogers hollaring " I wanna race, I wanna race, I wanna race" Laughing Looks like I may have a little racer here. Car
Scared me this morn when she woke up and turned and looked at paw paw and just started bawling "Grandma, grandma". I guess she saw my old ugly mug and got scared. help

Now its a bit hard to choose, Zoo or race track.
I think I'll leave it up to Lacey to decide.

Ya'll be safe on the track today and good luck.
have a goodern.

Tomahawk Racing
Marty St.Clair

Posts: 643 | Location: Troutville, VA | Registered: September 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Creature of habit, Mike. I wake up at 4 everyday, no matter what time I go to bed.
I think I'll go take a nap. Sleep Sleep

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all, getting ready to go to the track. Got a mixed bag of news. Here's the update on Nikki:

Today was an emotional day. It started out with me having to help hold Nikki so we could get another IV site in her arm. This was needed for the CT scan since they can not put the contrast dye through her broviac. All I can say is that Nikki is still very strong. After that fight, the scans were easy and she did very well. Now we just try to keep the site in her arm until monday for another test. Everything looked fine at a glance per Dr Jake. Mike from Childlife and Debbie from Music therapy, along with Nurse Amanda, helped to keep Nikki busy while Bob and I talked with the doctors. So, here is the plan...that we prepare Nikki for another transplant now. The doctors do not feel that more rounds of chemo will put her into remission and will only make her weak. Since the amount of leukemic cells is low we pray that we kill them with the chemo she will get to prepare her for transplant. One is new to her. Another hope is for her to have some GVHD or graft vs. leukemic affect this time to kill the rest off and keep her in remission forever. With saying that, we will not use Ashley this time since they are such a close match. We will use unrelated banked cord blood. All of these things make this transplant even riskier than her first. We hope to have a quiet weekend and get started by wednesday if possible. I will go home tomorrow to be with Ashley and Bob will come with Nikki while she still feels well. We all know that this is not going to be an easy road but one we have to take. Nikki has tolerated things so well so far and CAN do this. I hope this post makes sense since it is now after midnight. As always thanks for the support and keep praying. Goodnight and God Bless, Karen

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I really don't know how you parents do it. I know how much I love my nieces and nephews, can't even imagine how it feels to be a parent.

Here's my youngest 2 nieces from last night. Evie is on the left, it was her kindergarten graduation, and Katie is on the right. They'll be 6 and 4 in August.

And here's Madi, MsFurr's girl, with her bass. MsF, let me know if you need the pic emailed back to you, and/or the photobucket link.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Nikki is stronger than a bull elephant! That's good! I am sure she will pull through all this with flying colors cause so many fine folks are fighting and praying for her! Good to see pictures of all thes fine looking young ladies also. You all have to be proud but I feel for you when they become teenageers! I watched the biggest portion of Jay Leno's show last night and the net result was I woke up at 8:30 this mornin'! Gettin' lazy in my old age! Ran the car with my LM-1 on this mornin' and been tryin' to figure out what it is tellin' me other than it is working!
Need a new "readin' lesson" from Greg at Motorsport Innovations I reckon! And I left the car out all night and that stinkin' black sparrow that dropped $250 stimulus payment in my checkin' account this week from the Feds hasn't taken a dump on my car (yet)! Now I can afford to go to Los Dos Molinos again a couple of times! You all have a "hunkerin" good time this weekend. Wife's sister's son called us from Wallace, NC this mornin' tellin' us and his 5 year old son will be out here June 10 so we may have to drive down south to see him! Later gater! Big Grin Eyes I'm stupid Smile just do it Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Damn, this 3 day weekend is almost over.

Guy, whats a LM/1?

Prayers to all the friends and kids who are going thru some tuff times. I am so blessed all my 4 kids, their spouses and my 8 grandkids are healthy. I send thanks to God and just wish my lovely wife was still here to enjoy them, too.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Floyd,beautiful hot day here in Cana,Va.got to race at the MM yesterday,good program,run fast,I dropped out 3rd.car fell off,anyway had fun.
Hope ya'll all have a fun and safe day today,And as Floyd said lets keep praying for the children,and Nikki God Bless her and her family,and Floyd I know what you mean about missing your wife,I miss my Dad so much,I know he's better off now,but I sure would love to have one of them Sunday morning talks we used to have,so if your Mom or Dad is still around,go see them TODAY,don't put it off till tomorrow........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Floyd, I am not a teacher, I am a student! But an LM-1 is a Wide Band Oxygen Sensor Kit--whatever that means! I just know I shouldn't be close to it if I just returned from Los Dos Molinos or it gives it "false readings"! It does a superb job of reading your air/fuel ratio. I used it about a year or more ago before I had engine refreshened and then relied on EGT's after I got the air/fuel ratio set with the LM-1 and the car ran real consistent then. Since the freshen up, my EGT's have been considerably higher so wanted to make sure my jetting is correct as I don't want any detonation problems, at least in the engine! I detonate ever time I take a step! Learning how to read the graphs and the information the LM-1 provides is not as easy as the first grade was!
Only thing in common with first grade is I still need someone to hold my hand! I'm gettin' there, just have to learn to use the "eraser" to clean everthing out of it and start fresh! If you ain't doin' anything today run over and help me! It's only supposed to get up to 99 today, first time in 18 days it's not supposed to reach 100! Wink Wink Hum I'm stupid Smile just do it Cool

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I'm just learning to read sparkplugs!!!

Yes, Mike, my Mom is still with us. She is and still driving her Lincoln, much to my objection. I lost my Dad 12 yrs before my wife to the same thing, brain anuerism, cerebral hemmorage. They are together waitng for me.

God bless everybody, I've got to get a hanky!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Floyd Staggs,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Evening folks. Man what a weekend. Lacey has kept us busy. She and I watched Topeka qualifing 2 times at her request, last night and this morn. Smile Then tonight we started watching the finals but Grandma called bedtime before it was finished. Frown
I think she knows how to buckle up the 5 point harness in my car now. Thats all she wanted to do was sit in the car and buckle up, Then VROOMM, VROOMM, she was racin. Car Car
We went to Mill mtn zoo yesterday, rode the choo choo train, she had a blast.
We have been feedin chickens, goats, pickin flowers, gettin eggs, even found a hidden nest. Rode the old 8N around the house a few times.That youngin has wore me out.I had forgotten what it was like to have a 2 year old around all the time. help

Mike Hawks you went racin sat.? what did you run FB or SP.? We started to come to the track, but changed our minds. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Ya'll have a good Monday.
And Thanks.

Tomahawk Racing
Marty St.Clair

Posts: 643 | Location: Troutville, VA | Registered: September 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Wonder if Mouse and his wife are comin' home "flat busted" from Vegas? Probably wouldn't hurt if he did but if she did his and her feelin's both would be hurt, in more ways than one! Hope they won a million bucks and had a good time. Would hate to see them have to crawl back in a "hole" in Oklahoma! Give us the "Vegas report" when you get home Mouse! Eyes Busted Tongue Smile just do it Cool

DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Mornin Rooster and all Cool

BB another Monday so lets get it started Sleep

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning folks.
Made it back from vegas, and now it's back to the real world.
I came back with just a little bit more than what i started with, and my wife came home about $400 ahead. When you can do that in Vegas, it was a good trip. We had a great time. If any of you ever get the chance to see Terry Fater, i highly suggest you do so. He put on an excelant show. Went to LVMS and took the tour. That was really cool. All in all, we had a great time.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Also keeping those in need in my prayers.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post