DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Here we are with a new month, the last 2 of 2016. The older I get, the quicker the months seem to go by. Green side of the grass to see them go by, so I'm not complaining. Going to be a nice couple of days here, in the 70s today and tomorrow. Good way to start November.

Mouse, you could see the pride, as it should be. Good looking family.

1258, all good with your dad's car? Good stuff, the trick or treating. I like seeing it at the track at our Halloween race, lot of creative people out there.

You all have a good day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Brr, it's gettin chilly out here. Have a very old furnace in the bedroom half of the house that took a dump. Kinda procrastinated a bit and paying for it now. New one gets put in Friday but Buddy and me are sitting down to pee for a couple of days. One thing wrong about having a larger older home is they sometimes have too many attributes. Had to replace both of the water heaters last weekend, replaced the one furnace a couple of years ago and now have to do the second one. I noticed the bank account was growing what with no racing this year and I guess that's a good thing. Water heaters and furnaces don't come cheap. Everything should be good as new in a couple of days.
Well, that's it from the homestead. Me and Buddy are still living large and enjoying every day even if it's a little chilly.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Oh, Michelle is out here for SEMA and she seems to be having a great time. I wishe I could have gone to see her but the timing just didn't work out. She gets to see my boy at least. She also sees him at PRI every year.

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I saw that bank account bounce also from not racing Floyd---but it all plus more got ate up driving 120mi round trip to the nursing home to see Mama for 17 months. Funny thing about money, it always finds somewhere to go. Ferns gathering up the pieces. Yesterday Mama would have been 72. Sad day.......You all have a good one

Posts: 6216 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Another nice warm 70 degree day here, awesome for November in Pittsburgh. I'll take it, for sure. I am pretty much done for the season, but I may sneak the car out of the trailer Saturday and take a shot at a 12.2x pass, which would be its fastest. Supposed to be high 50s and clear for test and tune.

Floyd, I found out about that home ownership thing last year when my hot water heater went. Just glad it was July and not Janaury, though that was still a bbrrrrrrisk way to wake up, the cold shower. I am seeing a couple friends post pics from SEMA, looks like some awesome stuff out there. Maybe some year.

Fern, for sure, money finds somewhere to go. And for sure, it talks, tells me good bye all the time! Big Grin Happy heavenly birthday to Faye. I hope you keep on gathering up the pieces, my friend. Holler if you need anything.

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, they say it gets easier, it doesn't. You just learn to handle it better. New Years Day is the one that gets me. This one coming up will be 17 years since I lost Diane. My birthday and Dianes were just 3 days apart so my kids always plan something for us to celebrate together.

Chuck, this is my boys booth at SEMA. I sure wish I could go and see Michelle.

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Everyone.... Floyd is right it's a little cool here in SoCa this morning, on the drive in to work truck said 53 degrees ...I was up most of the night watching Division 7 make up race happening in Vegas. One of my guys made it to the semi in S/C , and other lost in stock in semi.... wife has been a real trooper while having some heavy remodeling being done on the house.... Funny I how she gets better pricing on her own than when we do it together , she should be buying the race car parts I need....LOL Next race is Nov 19th then new season starts Dec 31st with a 2 day hangover race. My motor has gone 6 year without being freshened (did bearings two year's ago when I had the pan off, they all looked new just did it cause I already had bought the bearing) and leak down looks real good. I have another motor sitting around for 2 years now and I was thinking about drop it in , new build 30 inches small than my motor now but 100 pounds lighter than the Dart motor.. I just will not have any history on the new combo...

Oh Well Everybody have A Great Day!!!!!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all, TGIF! Been a long week, looking forward to the weekend. Weather is still looking nice for tomorrow, close to 60 and sunny, down to the last 2 test and tunes for the season here.

Floyd, that's cool. I hope to get there some year. Is he doing PRI?

J, that's great you have a negotiator, she definitely should be in race parts procurement! Big Grin Nice to have back up engines. That's another someday thing for me.

Fern, you doing ok out there?

It's that time again. Go share some time and some ice cream with the good people in your life. Have a great weekend.
Ice Cream Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, Cuck. He wouldn't miss PRI. He has to get his St Elmo fix.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all!!!! How you guy's doing , TGIF been a long week. I'll be glad when I start this weekend, my boss at home has a long list for me (two pager) but I getter done...
The weather is 10 degrees above normal so its looking like last year , a no winter season...not that I have a problem with that, its just weird running the A/C in November.

Chuck, The season down here for us stops on thanksgiving , and starts DEC 30th. Not Much of a break, so everyone starts fixing right thru Christmas shopping. LOL.....

Camarorace, You started that new job... if so how is it going?

Everyone Have A Great Weekend ....

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
It's a bitter sweet day for me. 31 yrs ago today, I married the prettiest little blonde I have ever seen, and love her even more. 1 yr ago today, I lost my cousin, who was more like a big brother and was my best friend.
Tell those close everyday that you love them, were never guaranteed tomorrow.
Y'all have a good one.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sorry Mouse---I lost Mama 3 weeks ago after her having a stroke and spending almost 1 1/2 years in a nursing home.....it ain't easy son, it ain't easy......the son is out and the sky is blue and I am happy to be here.

Posts: 6216 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
This time change is messing with me. I've always been an early riser but waking up between 2 and 3 is a bit much. Was between 3 and 4 cause when I work I leave at a little after 5 so my internal clock has me awake in time. I just can't find the button to change that internal clock.
Wouldn't you know as soon as I get that new furnace installed the weather changes back to warm? I could have held onto that 1800 bucks a little longer.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a good weekend. I did. Beautful weather here, about 60 and sunny both days. I got to test and tune Saturday, and all I wanted was 12.20s. Got it on the first pass, and my buddy says "what would it take to go 12.1x?" So I took about 82 alternator belts and my tow straps out of the trunk, and some other junk, and went 12.216. I waited until the last session, when the temps were going down a little, and got a 12.187, quickest pass on this combo. The car is done for the year now, nice way to end the season.

J, that would be weird running the AC in November... pretty much unheard of out here. I always wondered how you warm weather guys get any maintenance done, racing all year round. I need the winter, to do that, and recuperate a little $$.

Mouse, sorry about your cousin, never easy. Awesome, 31 years, wishing you many more. I saw your son got into college too, congrats!

Fern, hoping you're hanging in there, my friend.

Floyd, wow, the time change is messing with you in a big way! I sleep til the clock rouses me. Can't you add a little delay on the internal box? Big Grin

You all have a great day!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Fern, I lost my mom in June of last year, the same way as yours, and my dad the yr before in Feb. The last couple of yrs haven't been kind to me.
Chuck, yes he got accepted and I am very proud of him. I don't hold my pride in him in, that's for sure. I'm just as proud of my younger daughter as well.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Still warm here for November, looks like we'll be back toward normal at the end of the week. All good by me if I don't have to shovel anything yet.

Mouse, you have a lot to be proud of with your family, completely understandable.

I'm off the grid for a couple of days, someone put the biscuits and sweet tea out. You all have a good day.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mouse it was wife. I always referred to her as Mama. Trust me it ain't the same. 2 years ago had 2 dogs and Mama, now an empty house. It's tough.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good evening folks. Got less than a month until kid number 2 arrives and I start my new job next Monday.

Does anyone know the best nitrous kit out there for a basic 383 from Blueprint. Nothing is forged. I think we will need a little more power for 11.50 index around here.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Everyone.... Its Friday and the weekend begins for most... I'll be working till 3pm and go home early, and then work a half day Saturday. The weather is in the mid 70s looks like we may see a fall in a couple of weeks, the desert needs a break from the heat but I believe we will skip winter just like last year....

Fern , hope you are doing good, I'm sure sorry again! I'm not sure if I lost my better half I could function in a normal matter for she is all the family I have.

Camaroracer, Have a great time at that new job, WOW! #2 coming already ,your little girl is going the love having a new family member....

To everyone have a Great Weekend!!!!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon, all! Quick check in, wishing you all a great weekend. Ice cream time.
Ice Cream

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good to be alive---Thanks again to everyone for the out pouring of sympathy on Mamas passing. It has been overwhelming. Life for me will go on but trust me it is different here in this big empty house. My friends are at the track so I will in the future try to spend more time with my friends.......to cold for these old bones to go to VMP this weekend so you all have fun