DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd, Nick, 2 weeks and you been away. Face place get you? People go there and never come back you know.....Been at the Durham house last week. Its pretty bad over there so I have decided to always carry a firearm when I go out. They arrested 20 + Sat night after they vandalized the old police headquarters. Most are charge with felonies and some were white and some were black but most were local. We have a high end mall near our house and they tried a parade in there but the police broke it up. People getting shot everywhere. Back out here in the country now, the cows look happy. Supposed to be close to 100 here today, 110 heat index. A/C working good. You all stay safe.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good AFTERNOON!!!!

Fern, I've been very busy watching drag racing...LOL Tracks here closed till Mid August so just been doing maintenance. We have seen 3 weeks over 100 , some as high as 114 , I have been cleaning damaged trees from a wind storm last week, 60 mph steady and had gust to 80 mph. I have friends traveling 16 to 20 hours one way to go race, I just DO not want to do that. I went and got more ammo just because have lots of extra cash...haha no racing... Everyone in town has been pretty mellow since this started, expect vandalizing $30,000 in window damage when this started....

YOU ALL BE SAFE AND STAY HEALTH....HAVE A GREAT WEEK...

Relaxing

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Y'all,

I had my butt glued to a chair most of the weekend etching Sonoma. Some great races. None of my friends were at the end but they were there and trying. The TV coverage was great and the track was good. I think hey ought to do it again.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yes Floyd, I watched my boy get down to 6 and almost identical reactions, .007 .006 , dial almost the same, he sticks his nose in front at the finish line on a double run out and finish line difference cost him the race. Not taking the stripe would have won the race and the bye into the final.....To hot to race anyway.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,

You had a friend at the Sonoma race? Who was it?
I had friends in SST, S/G, Stock and S/S. The sponsor, Korbel, is also a friend but Dean Hall who was supposed to be there in Top Sportsman developed a DEF leak in the tow rig and couldn't make it. He had worked on his corvette for a week trying to get his new engine ready but it didn't work so he put his small engine back in, loaded up and the tow truck quit. He was disappointed.
Sometimes it just doesn't work out.
Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd he was at a 2 day $20,000 to win race in MD. Only person I know of running NHRA is my friend that runs S/G and he is about done with it. He still has his old bracket car that made him the fortune he spent on NHRA and is getting it ready to go once more.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon guys!!

Like Floyd is was watching Sonoma both Kyles California Gold Rush and Division 7 race. My friend Chuck Hawk did great at CGR race winning lots of rounds , winning run for the money and running deep in to the round all days . He got to 3 cars on Saturday to be taken out by Justin Lamb.

In divisional my guy Kelly Harper was # 1 qualifier both days in T/S an won Fridays race.
Other friends went rounds but got hurt in round 3 and 4 . They all still had a great time racing again , its been months!!

You All Have A Great Day....

Relaxing

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You all got it rough out West. I only know 1 person that actively chases NHRA in this part of the country. May be a few hiding but its not sought after here. When they have one most are either from out of state or one time attendees. Big bucks brackets, thats a different story. Got to wake you all up Nick & Floyd Wink

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
Our local track, Fontana, is closed for the rest of the year. We don't have all the tracks you guys do. Fontana does have a few 5-10-5 races a year nand they do pretty well. The only biggie is the Spring Fling. That one is out of my league.
This is a tough year for drag racing. We live in the most advanced time in history and a little bug has crippled our world.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
True. We got a 5-10-5 at VMP this coming week. But we are heading to pigeon forge for a week. No racing.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern,
Take your scatter gun so you can look for some pigeons.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
They are running Match Race Madness at Irwindale this weekend.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin y'all,

Hey Nick, it got a little warm down your way and its still hot right now. We've cooled down to 90* at 6.00. Next week we are supposed to get triple digits. So far it hasn't been a hot summer for us but August just might change that
Y'all have a gooden. It's so Hot

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We made it to Pigeon Forge ok. No pigeons Floyd but lots of geese and nice fishing stream outside but I don’t fish. Drove around and lots of people, no masks to amount to anything or distancing. We will avoid crowds.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon you two...its just no fun the last couple of months. No rain but 100's keep coming , lots of wind and clouds but my rain dances just don't help this year. Been doing a lot of broken tree clean up, while the car sits all covered up. NEVER in the last 15 years has the car just sit in the garage with a cover on it so much. But in the next several months the local tracks have some big money races, team races , and club dates. It was so sad the read about Jim Baker may he rest in peace.

Have A Great DAY You all....

It's so Hot

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Evenin' all! I hope everyone is doing ok in these strange times. I'll try to get in here regularly again.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Evenin' all! I hope everyone is doing ok in these strange times. I'll try to get in here regularly again.

Haha.. really? How you like working from home? It works for me until the wife wants to be feed...LOL

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Drove to Knoxville yesterday and spent the day walking and looking at history. Pretty neat little city. Big difference in masks and social distancing as looked like everyone was doing their part. Guess it’s all the yankee tourists here in Pigeon Forge. Guess lots are heading to VMP for this weekends race. Everyone be safe

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Laving Pigeon Forge in the morning for another place in the mountains of NC. They got the VMP race in and the most interesting 2 races were by a kid in a street driven Mustang dialed something like 8.80 in he 1/8. At 4 cars he beats the fastest footbrake car there dialed 5.21 if I remember right. Impressive. Then in the final its his new Mustang against a 1956 Ford....56 red lighted giving the youngster a $10,000 payday. Bracket racing lives!!!!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all
Can't have us falling off the front page.
It's getting warm again out here. I know it's been hotter than h3ll in Arizona. My youngest daughter is in Phoenix and her AC quit on Sat. She's not happy. I told her Hooters had misters. That didn't make her feel any better.
Y'all have a gooden. It's so Hot