DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, you can't beat friends and family.

On another note I just got out of an overnite stay in jail. The cute little 24 year old at the bagel shop accused me of rape. When I went before the judge I was so proud I pled guilty. The judge gave me an overnite stay for perjury.
Rolling Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You ain't right Floyd

Posts: 6216 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
You ain't right Floyd

Yes I are, Fern. I just have more than some.

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope your Monday isn't too bad. All good here, outside of the Steelers D being a sieve last night. Nice win for Pitt over Clemson Saturday night, exciting stuff.

Mouse, great pics of your son in the parade in NYC.

1258, congrats and good luck on the new job. I hope all is good with your family as the due date approaches. I never played with the laughing gas, no help there. Post up in Tech, I'm sure you'd get good advice.

Fern, I hope you get to spend good time with all your families. That's the best thing about being a racer, the racing family is as close and sometimes closer than family.

Floyd, you ain't right, not even a little. Big Grin

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Awe come on Chuck, yes I are.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Looking like a couple of warm days here, then winter starts rearing its head Saturday and Sunday.

Floyd, no, you isn't, but that's why we all get along. Big Grin

1258, in the Olds forum, someone was asking about nitrous, thought you might get something useful from the thread:
http://realoldspower.prophpbb.com/topic9500.html

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all!! Hope everyone is ok, weather here is cooling off here went to work at 4 am Tuesday was 46 degrees but warmed up to 78. Monday was a great time at the doctor with a bone marrow biopsy, the cutting and boring of the bone was a piece of cake . Now the actual extraction of marrow was a pain that I hope no one in their life time experience without anesthetic, best way to describe it would be connecting a MSD 30,000 volt coil to your spine and other to your hip and turn it on for two seconds (5 times to get what they needed) WOW what the heck did I do wrong..... LOL

Weekend is looking good for the last race of the season, then come Dec 30Th we start up again. The car is deadly , the driver still needs a lot of seat time as .030s lights are hard to win with in S/P.... I just can not believe its thanksgiving already, I guess its true the older you get time just fly's by....

Camaroracer, I have driven a few friends car with NOS and all I can say is get the biggest unit your motor can handle is the best bet. One friends Vega had a 150 shot in 12.20 car and I used it at the stripe a couple times, just was not enough to help. I was using it about 800 feet out just to make the look hard for the other guy.

Have a Great Day , try to do something you enjoy!!!! As life is way to short..... Double Thumbs up

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the tip. Chuck it sounds great. I'll take a look at it at some point.

First week so far has been great. Not busy not slow either.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all, TGIF! Awesome forecast for today, close to 70 and sunny. The bottom starts falling out tomorrow, temps dropping all day, going to see some snow, and get an inch or 2. Time to break out the Carhartt. We have our slow daily driver index race tomorrow, a lot of fun. Index gets set between 20 and 30 seconds, fun to see how close people get. One guy has a good handle on it, figuring out how to use cruise control.

J, you ok? Sounds like a really scary test. Take 10 out of the box if you're in the .030s? I'm with you, time does seem to go by faster the older I get.

1258, good to hear about the job. I hope it keeps going well for you.

Fern, you at Piedmont this weekend, or next? I wish I could be.

Wednesday was the anniversary of Guy's passing. Good reminder to enjoy each other's company. Really wish I could have gotten to meet him in person. Ice cream time. You all have a great weekend.
Ice Cream Ice Cream

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck looks like we are getting some of that warm weather again. My dad is testing his car out again tomorrow. Might try to get his license. I'm trying to convince the wife to let me test the wagon since I haven't had weather like this to test previously.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Alright Friday is here and I'm still here... Good Morning to All... The weekend is upon us and I'll be working overtime to make it to track on time, but that's good I seem to do a little better be hide the eight ball.. I still got a gold pin on my race jacket that Guy's daughter gave me at his memorial race. Every time I drive by the Lucky Wishbone I always have a couple of thoughts about him, its really nice. Thinking ahead to thanksgiving is a two edge sword for me , remembering all my family who have pass away , and now sitting around just me and the wife watching ball having a beer or two watching that bird roasting away. It will be another real quite one, I hope everyone has a amazing day giving thanks .

Chuck, I feel great thanks for asking. Funny about the delay box seems the older I get my reaction times are kind of like my eyes they keep getting better with age... never had so much time in the box before!! I just don't know when I'm going to miss one....

Fern, looks like you will be surrounded by a lot of family up on the mountain , that sounds great!

Camaroracer, So you got that new job handled , and how close is the new one coming? You got your work cut out for you , but this time you have a young helper.... LOL

Have a Great weekend !!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ferns on the mountain getting ready to shoot Bambi in the morning. Cold as he!! Up here along the Ohio river. You all take care

Posts: 6216 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Fern you are crazy to be hunting in 30 degree weather. I can't ever do that.

RED I have less than two weeks. The anticipated due date is December 5th. It's sooo close.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning , hope everyone is doing great. Got a little rain over night. Glad we all have a short week, got my bird and fixins over the weekend . Racing was a little weird as they opened at 7 am but the wind was blowing. They held off till 10 am to tell us we might go 1/8 mile and at 11;30 they said we are starting at noon. Went down to semi and by that time ran out of steam . It was close to dark and I missing the light , losing to a great 20 year old dragster driver. Spent Sunday winterizing the car till the next race Dec 30 ......LOL

Fern, good luck with the shoot , poor Bambi

Camaroracer , WOW that's close!

Have a great day!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I was right, had to break out the Carhartt this morning. 70 and awesome Friday, downtown Pittsburgh's Light Up Night, to 30 and windy with some snow. Keystone's GobbleFest, the slow index race, was a blast Saturday, even though my buddy and I didn't do any good. Our other buddy won the first race, and another won the second. It's a lot of fun, just wish the weather wasn't so crappy. A lot of people ate in their cars, too windy to eat under the pavillion.

1258, did you and your dad test? 2 weeks away, wow. I hope you all are as ready as you can be!

J, good to hear, sounds like a scary test. Nice work getting to the semis. "Winterizing" the car for a month, in AZ?!? What, you add an extra capful of Water Wetter?? Big Grin

Fern, good luck and be safe. I've only pushed deer with my buddy for his dad, but I do like enjoying the results. I think the best chili I've had is with venison.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Chuck I thought that winterizing statement would give you a good laugh, really all I do is give it a real good look over on the undercarriage , will replace rear shock and ladder bar nuts and bolts and clean wheel wells. Change tranny and motor fluids and that's about it. I still have new rear brake disc kit to put on, may do that too...

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all!
And the hits keep coming.
Had to have some roof repair done, a thousand bucks, the batteries went dead in the Duramax, Buddy got an abcess on his leg. I musta pissed off somebody.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Damn Floyd that is some ****ty luck right there. Someone hates you.

Chuck, my dad did go out, made two passes and confirmed the converter was way loose. Screamed to 6k in no time and stayed there after shifting. He's just glad he found that out now during the offseason.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Still a bit brrrrisk out there. It's getting a little warmer in the next few days, but pretty much normal November weather, high 40s or so. That 70 degrees on Friday really spoiled us, and set us up for a fall with the 50 degree swing.

J, it sure did! I have to get mine home and pull the trans for a freshen up, and check out the rear main seal on the engine. Considering swapping the cam too.

Man, Floyd, that stinks. That's the part of home ownership I'm still getting used to, me paying for everything. I hope Buddy is doing ok.

1258, yep, good time to find that out, with the winter to get it fixed. Sorry you didn't get to take the wagon out.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Guys.... woke up to 45 degrees but it will warm to a nice 73 today. Still have not even though about turning on the heater. Hope we get a little winter this year, as last year we skipped it and had a lot of bug problems . Got to below 32 for a couple of days the kill the Arizona beasts .... LOL
Funny Saturday a guy from up north was looking at my car and asked "which Brodix heads are those" and could not remember as that was 7 years ago... Am I getting old or what? Took me 15 min just to remember where I got them from....

Camaroracer, I keep wondering how much big sister its talking about the new baby about to come ? I bet its non stop....

Chuck, That sounds like work to me... watch the calendar, weeks are passing like days use too...

Fern, with the weather out there are you staying in or you still looking to get Bambi ?

Floyd, sure is weird when both battery's in my dually die at the same time... something about my truck that eats battery's every 2 1/2 year's ... hope Buddy gets well fast..

Have a Great Day Guys..... Double Thumbs up