DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Great looking weekend on tap here, hope the weather people got this one right. Mopars versus The World race weekend, I'll be on the mic.

Fern, yeah, I think this is the last time I fix up the posi. I hope to get a couple years out of it, along with this engine build. Good luck this weekend at Pageland. Get the air bag fixed in time for Bristol so I can see you there.

J, I will never be able to figure out dealing with that desert heat. It was about 90 last Saturday, with swamp level humidity, and I was glad I was in the AC all day.

Floyd, you and Buddy enjoy. If the time is right, get back in the seat.

Ice cream time again. You all have a great weekend!
Ice Cream

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yes Chuck, I sold the drum to drum 12 bolt out of the 66 with a spool, Moser axels, C clip eliminators, aluminum cover, pro 4.56 gears, long studs, and new brakes for $1000 to Lonnie Jackson for his 64. It was out of a 70 Chevelle. Keep your eyes open they are around.

Posts: 6216 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Happy Fathers Day!
It's supposed to be 104* today so guess what Buddy and I are going to do. Nuthin!
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug Big Grin

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern got to go racing last night at Pageland SC. New ATI wicked quick valve body worked perfect, went a few rounds and won a little money. Got to see lots of friends. It was 58 degrees when we left the track at 11. Ol junk pile Olds with old 75 year old driver was in the 6.30s and lighting the win light. Kids are here for fathers day----good to be alive. Have a cold one Floyd, you deserve it.

Posts: 6216 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin y'all,
The weatherman lied. It got to 109° today. Not as bad as AZ but bad enough so Buddy and I stayed in. But it was a dry heat. Ha Ha.

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
RED I had busy weekend. Nonstop going places all weekend long and even on Friday. Took the little one to the Strasberg Raiload yesterday for a Day with Thomas the Train. She seemed to like it. Checked out my pops new trailer. Told me his '69 Camaro is coming along at the chassis shop. Can't wait to see it finished with what he wants done. Assuming my new th350 and converter come in within the next week or two, planning on testing July 16th.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Good weekend with friends at the track. My buddy's son won Sportsman on Saturday, gave him a good gift. My buddy kicked it red .003 yesterday, thought he was going to win it in memory of his dad. His day is coming. Got to spend some time with my friends Aj and Brianna beautful girls. Addison is 4, and wanted to stay in the tower with me during the Saturday night gamblers race. It was fun. We took the track manager's cherries out of the fridge and had a snack. Big Grin

Fern, I had one, pretty much to the T of what you said, but got it before I had the trailer. I didn't want to drive 60 miles round trip with a spool. Good to hear all is well with the valve body and trans, and that you made the money rounds. Even better your kids were there to see you yesterday.

Floyd, I had to get some ice water just reading that.

1258, is the Gast Museum still over there? It's been 20+ years since I was there, really enjoyed seeing a Tucker. I hope you get the trans stuff soon.

You all have a good day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck not sure where that is honestly. I live about 45 minutes from the railroad out in Lancaster so not too familiar with that area. Lancaster is nice if you like the country area.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Monday was worse, 112* as a high. It's supposed to be over for a few days untill next weekend. Kinda glaD i'M TAKING THE TIME OFF from racing as that parking lot at Fontucky can get a lot hotter than surrounding areas and the heat just kicks my butt. One of these days I need to get the hay hauler out of the trailer and started up before the valve springs take a set. I'll get around to it.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Definitely summer, though nothing as bad as Floyd, just a good bit more humid than June typically is. Sweating a bunch last night working on the rear. Clutches didn't have much if anything left on them, and one of the side gears had some chunks missing. Good thing the old open rear uses the same side gears in the O type for Olds. New LPW cover on. Check timing and take a test hit, then go to test and tune Friday night before Saturday's race day.

1258, just did a search, looks like it closed before 2010. It was a cool museum, excellent quality cars of all types. The Tucker was really cool to see. Daytona Charger, Dee Snider's '69 Boss Mustang, about 50 cars.

Stay cool out there, Floyd!

You all have a great day!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
That heat out there is ridiculous Floyd. I could never understand folks that want to race in 90 degree weather here. Only the points chasers really.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
As a young person I lived in Tucson and later Mesa, Arizona. I was at the track every Sat as soon as I was old enough to go----I don't ever remember anyone complaining about the heat. When I lived in Tucson few people had a/c, some had what were called "coolers" but no a/c to speak of. Maybe that's why to this day heat don't bother me much--you get used to it. Supposed to be 94 here today---not bad

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Mornin guys , well also being born and growing up in Tucson we did mot live in a home with AC till mid 60s. By that time I was going to the track as 10 year old , getting up sometime before the sun to go to the track Saturdays . We would go home before 2 in the the afternoon. last weekend It was 114 at 3pm gate time was 4pm ,cars on trams at 6pm. Not a points race for me club date with low payouts so I worked on the car at a friends home , his garage temp was 79 , Sunday more of the same 112 , not funny .....
This weekend a team race only 106 , I'll pass I the first hit as by the sun goes down that first one oh tells you everything is working.... I know my car so one time run is ok , first round happens around 9;30 pm so at only 90 degrees you can see that time hit is a waste......LOL

I could go on but , it's all what you get use too..... May not be as fun..

Have a great day guys!!!!!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Nice morning, looks like humidity and rain are moving back in tonight into tomorrow, but nothing like that western stuff. Race day, knock on wood, looks nice right now. I'll deal with heat on a raceday, ways to get around that, drinking a lot of water, towel dipped into the cooler. I don't drive with AC on racedays, and we sit outside the trailers between rounds. Only if it's really really hot and I think my body needs a break, will I go sit in AC somewhere. I like to stay acclimated to the heat.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Oh my---Its 94 right now and I am going out to mow the yard for a couple of hours---later Wink

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I don't mind the heat other but there's borderline putting your body and health at risk sometimes. Some of the tracks last year had days that they cancelled because of the excessive heat. I feel that's the smart decision.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Cancelled Piedmont tonight Frown

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Hoping the rain is out of here and I can test tonight. Valvesprings changed, new clutches and shims in the posi, car is back in the trailer and fueled up, ready to go. Tomorrow looks warm, but dry, and I can't wait to race. Now if the Pirates could just have some life against the Dodgers this weekend.

Ice cream time! You all have a great weekend!
Ice Cream

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning all. Sounds like my pops is going to give 11.50 index racing a shot tomorrow at Maple Grove. I'll be playing a round of golf with a friend most likely. Found another wagon, but a Lemans Safari wagon.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Busy weekend, tested Friday night, raced badly Saturday, announced Sunday. I took yesterday off, wanted a lazy day and got it. The Pirates got 3 of 4 from LA, so that's good.

1258, what year is the LeMans wagon? With it saying Safari, I'm thinking older? My prom ride was a '79 LeMans wagon, complete with the factory wood grain stickers. All good by me... back seat folded down!