DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Goin to be a nice weekend out here. Only supposed to be 88*.
Grandson is doing good in basic training. About half way through and his momma can't wait to go to graduation and see him. She's already got their tickets to fly to North Carolina. He looks pretty good in them greens.

Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Hoping the weather stays dry tonight so I can test a little and work on the tree. Tomorrow, the track has Daddy Dave and Larry Larson, should be a big event and be good for the track. Weather looks awesome for tomorrow.

Floyd, great pic, especially on the 4th of July weekend.

You all have a great weekend. Be safe out there if you're traveling, don't blow off any body parts if you're playing with fireworks. Ice cream time!
Ice Cream Ice Cream

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good evening guys hope everyone is good,read back a ways and saw that the heats working on everyone,it's been so hot here I've become home bound found out the heat and a new antibiotic that they put me on makes the heat and sun pretty much a no go not good for a drag racer and the kicker is I have to be on it for at least a year,so all I do is sleep and work my new business of selling stuff on a local bid site and only have to deliever on sat mornings early for about a hour not to bad.
Anyway thought I'd drop in and say hey and y'all take care I'll see you all around..... Wave............

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You started this Big Mike so you need to drop by more often. My oldest daughter is the big 50 so everyone celebrate for her Party

Posts: 6216 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a great weekend. Daddy Dave and Larry Larson match raced at Keystone on Saturday, place was absolutely stuffed to the gills. If it helps keep the gates open for when I race, I'm all for it. Getting sticky up this way too, looking at the Bristol forecast, going to be sticky there also. I'm excited to be going back, missed it so much it hurt last year.

Fern, wish I'd see you there, but I 100% understand why you can't be. Thinking of you, my friend.

Mike, good to see you stopping by. You know where I'll be this weekend if you take a drive. Big Grin

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning all. Feel like its been awhile since I've been on here. Took a nice 6 days off from work and was much needed. Spent time at the beach with wife and kid and the parents. Alison (my daughter) saw her first fireworks. She did well with them. This week getting the new trans and converter in the car and hopefully in time for Cecil Saturday to test. Then some much needed seat time to get a little groove on before Cecil's Footbrake race which will be here before I know it.

Chuck I'll watch out for you Friday while I'm at work. Good luck buddy and hopefully I'll make it down within the next few years and maybe you can save me a spot. Smile

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day, but really my Friday - I hope. I don't want to work during the WFC, not on the car, truck, or job. I just want to work on getting through each round. I'm getting new tires on the truck today, didn't like the cracking in the treads, not towing in hot weather.

1258, sounds like an awesome break. That's the good stuff. I hope the trans and converter work well for you. Thanks, I'm in twice, along with my buddies Mark Romeo and Matt Obertanec. That sounds like a plan, you're on, whenever you make it down!

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all... been a while , nothing to report on out here in the desert. Soon over the hump....... Got a little rain from the monsoons , but that's about it.

Mike , good to see your post....

Chuck , you will be having other person watching over you this weekend.... LOL

Camaroracer, hope that trans and converter gets that wagon were you want it. Sit time is a must in these .00 something world of today , good luck....

Have a Great Day guys... Double Thumbs up

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Good Morning to all... been a while , nothing to report on out here in the desert. Soon over the hump....... Got a little rain from the monsoons , but that's about it.

Mike , good to see your post....

Chuck , you will be having other person watching over you this weekend.... LOL

Camaroracer, hope that trans and converter gets that wagon were you want it. Sit time is a must in these .00 something world of today , good luck....

Have a Great Day guys... Double Thumbs up

Red, speaking of .00x lights, I heard in timeshots at Maple Grove that there was a ton of them in the Street class. That class is no joke around here.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey, that is the truth around her too..... last team race Number 1 qualifier for the bye first round was .000 ..... That was in Sportsman, hard to be a newbie when that's doing on.... Eyes

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of rooster_439
posted Hide Post
go win some $$$ ChuckT

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” Dr.Seuss

Posts: 4191 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Up there in NHRA Div 1 you got a herd of guys that have been racing 30+ years still duck hunting in street Busted

Rooster not going to WFC this year?

Posts: 6216 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Lately how here in division 7 if you run slower than 12.00 you can race Pro and Sportsman with the same car. Footbrake only in Sportsman , so some guys in Pro are doubling up.... that's making that class real competitive.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Kinda quiet out here with nothin goin on in the racin scene for us. Actually kinda boring.
My Buddy had a little problem. He woke up the other day with a swollen jaw so we wnt to the vet. He had a bad tooth that had to come out. They called me later in the day and said there were actually 4 teeth that had to come out. He was a hurtin puppy for a couple of days. He's pretty much all over it now and back to his happy self. Still learning how to eat with some holes in his with some empty spots in his mouth but he'll ger 'er done.
Y'all have a gooden. I'll be listening to as much of the Allstars this weekend as the McClanahans are back there for Div 7. Got my fingers crossed. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Our previous dog had probably half a dozen bad teeth over the years. I have never had a dog that had any ever other than her. It didn't seem to affect her missing them. She loved to eat! We have had some great dogs over the years. each with their own personality.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6416 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Up there in NHRA Div 1 you got a herd of guys that have been racing 30+ years still duck hunting in street Busted

Rooster not going to WFC this year?

Fern this is the truth. There are very experienced guys that do race in street. But that shouldn't matter as long as the car fits the class. I like being able to do Street and Pro up here. More seat time.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
1258 my position has always been that it was a BEGINNERS class to get people started in racing. A beginner comes and gets busted a few weeks in a row by a 30 year street class professional he won't last long. Then when the old guy leaves there is no one to replace him and we need the young new guys......Guess all my friends are headed for the WFC. wish I could make it. Good luck Chuck, Mark, and everyone else going to the big show. Trust me Jared and Steve will take good care of you Double Thumbs up

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Fern I know that's how a lot see it. We have a trophy class for that.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning guys y'all stay cool and good luck Chuck at the WFC,see y'all later.

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of rooster_439
posted Hide Post
1 down and a few more to go chuckt Wink

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” Dr.Seuss

Posts: 4191 | Location: twilight zone | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post