DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey everyone,I have been out of whack the last week just getting back now that Monday is here,hauled 14 loads last week,felt good working but I was wore out when we got done......

Fern, Chuck, J,1258 hope you all have a great week..........

Floyd that looks painful but I'm sure it helped,I've never had that done on me,but I pray it helps,I know all about leg troubles.........

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning all. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Got some parts ordered to hopefully get to the near finish on the malibu. As of now, daughter woke up at 12:30, never went back to sleep. So at work today with 2.5 hours of sleep. Ugh.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Spent all day yesterday watching the March Meet on my puter in my office or tablet in the kitchen. With 3 buddies in 3 different classes it's hard to walk away. Keith went red in the quarters in hot rod, Jim broke out in the semis in NE2 and Wayne was dead late in the finals of C/G and broke out. Kudos to the staff at Famoso for getting the race in what with the rain, the breakage and the crashes. it was a hell of a drag race. I wasn't there in person but I was right there in spirit. I'll get over this problem I have and be right back in the swing of things. Round two of the pin cushion this morning.
Y'll have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Sounds like good weekends all around. I had one also, good times spent with good friends. Nice looking week here, really having me want to play hooky.

Floyd, I hope the accupuncture helps. Sounds like a heck of a deal, with the massage. Drink a lot of water, flush out whatever the massage releases from your muscles. I didn't get to see any of the coverage, but I saw there were some hits and breaks. Your friends did great.

1258, Mt Dew and Snickers bars! Big Grin

Mike, you're making me tired just reading that. The sweet tea is on me this morning.

Fern, that's great, happy to hear that. I'm with you on friends... and it seems to me, drag racing friends are the most loyal and dependable.

J, I got the pics uploaded, just need to remember to post them here.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Evening to all... Looks like everyone is doing good.. just working some extra hour's this week. Weather in the desert has been great this weekend cooled down to low 70s in the day and mid 40s at night.. I'll be missing a couple of team races one this weekend in Chandler and the following weekend in Tucson. The car is ready to race but I'll be at work both weekends. So Sunday will be a day of rest, hey right!!!! Lots of yard work and still got a lot of work to be done on the car...

Floyd , I hope those pin cushion events are helping...

1258, Chuck has the right idea, hope you all the parts you need....

Fern , Glad the hear the car's up and running , racer's helping racer's that the way its done around. Can't want to hear some ETs with some winning rounds....

Chuck, No worries, I made a lot of progress this weekend.... cars over at my friends house , he is one heck of a fabricator .... I kinda painted myself into a corner... LOL

Mike , you sound like your working way to much!!! Hope your feeling great.

Everyone have a Great Hump day.... Double Thumbs up

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Believe it or not the pins seem to be doing something. My ankles aren't swelling as much and my feet don't hurt as musch. I'm still wearing the compression socks cause they feel good but I backed off on the water pills. I might be dancin again soon.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Floyd sounds like you're making progress.

Chuck and J thanks. As I'm ready to get back into racing slowly, I'm realizing how much it sucks that my wife works. She has to work every other weekend which then means I'm sidelined every other weekend with racing. I won't be able to make as many index races as I wanted to this year, but I'll be making some passes doing some bracket racing at Maple and Cecil.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well glad to see Floyd and Mikes health improving----RED its not quiet done but if all goes well today it will move out of the garage under its own power. Need to hook up shifter, tighten bolts in the cross member and trans mount and put in the driveshaft and its done----I hope. Really want to make Duckies race at VMP in 2 weeks. you coming Chuck? Everyone have a good day.

Posts: 6216 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Beauty of one here, supposed to by low 70s. Man, I wish I could play hooky. Big Grin

J, glad to hear there's more progress.

Floyd, great to hear the accupuncture is helping, I hope it keeps going good for you.

1258, I feel for people who have to make that sacrifice. Feel good you're racing.... my best friend hasn't made a pass since 2005. He's hoping maybe this year. Come west for our 10K no box race end of September.

Fern, I hope that's as easy as it sounds for you, and it gets to move under power. I wish I could make it, really want to run that race, or even just lean on the fence, but will miss it this year.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck, I wasn't aware that you guys have some no box races out there later in the year. My wife's good friend lives out there in Pitt, so maybe a good excuse to go racing.

Fern, I see those races in VA every year and want to go so bad. Seems like a nice facility too. One of these days. Unfortunately one of their events falls on my wife's birthday weekend usually. Frown

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ferns VMP deal has hit a bump in the road---I have to be at the VA hospital on Friday and can't miss the apt....Takes 6 months to get in there.

Posts: 6216 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Still enjoying some early warm weather, just a little liquid today. Don't have to shovel it, all good.

Fern, I hope you're able to get there for Saturday and Sunday. Everything back together on the Olds?

1258, VMP is a nice facility, got to watch there once, would like to get the Loose Rocker's races there. Yep, KRP's no box is a nice race, good entry fee and payout, pays good round money, footbrake and transbrake separate until they have to be combined. Shameless plug Big Grin :

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck, my wife sounded interested in going actually. The problem is trying to take our little one with us. I would have to trailer my car and my wife take a seperate car with the little one and don't know if she could do 4+ hours in a car seat without anyone in the back seat.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Up and at it here. Chuck all I have to do is put the mufflers on and test it....Div 9 bracket finals at Piedmont this week end, Motorcycles at the Rock, and Galot isn't open so it looks like Red Springs to test tomorrow. We are OK and hope everyone else is. 70 here today Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Well Good Morning and Happy Friday to all....
weather been more like late Spring than end of winter.... been putting in a lot of hours {which I don't really care for much] 42 hour in 3 days with another 22 hours in next two days... But it really hurts as far as I'll be missing a S/ST and S/P race this week. Setting in #6 of S/ST and #9 in S/P ..... Oh well life goes on will have to kick A$$ the rest of the year...

Hope every is doing Good and staying Happy...

You guys have a Great Weekend , I'll still get Sunday off... LOL

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Red that's awesome you are up there in point. Maple Grove started a points program this year for index racing and I have to miss the first points race of the year. Just means I will have to hopefully win the rest.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Liquid sunshine cooled us off to normal, around 50 today, but looks like we're warming up and getting wet again this weekend. That's ok. Mother Nature can get it out of her system now. Tomorrow is Keystone's Hall of Fame induction banquet, good time seeing the racers and hearing stories from back in the day.

1258, that is a challenge. Hopefully she would be asleep most of the ride, if you time it right. Sideling Hill on the PA pike is a good halfway stopping point. There's a Popeye's in there, yum! Big Grin

J, sorry to hear you'll miss the race. I hope you're getting OT for all the hours.

Fern, good deal. I hope all tests well. Email me pics if you can, of the rocker stud girdles and rods that you posted on ROP. Got a part number on 'em? Would those rods work on a SBO?

Ice cream time again! You all have a great weekend!
Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Chuck, I'm just so lucky!!! I don't have to punch in or out , and I don't get any more than my salary......LOL Rolling No No Eyes crying in that order.....

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Went down to the race shop yesterday to BS with the boys and tell them I was watchin the whole time. All of a sudden it started to sprinkle so Jim had to hurry to get this nice custom '40 Ford pickup inside. Then the bottom fell out and we had a real gully washer with real high winds. Buddy and I were stuck there for a while till it slowed down enough to to our truck to come home. Only lasted a couple of hours but we got a lot of water.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug rainy

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well this should make you happy Chuck. Fern tested today. 6 passes. 6.50, 6.49, 6.46, 6.46, 6.46, 6.46. They had a dash for cash which I won with a 6.464 on a 6.46 dial. Did I say car was pretty consistant Double Thumbs up