DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Fern,
Yeah, but I'm a loveable old fa rt.
Tomorrow would of been Dianes 72nd so I will celebrate. We always use to go away somewhere for our birthday but Buddy said he would just as soon stay home.
You were almost a April fool baby, wasn't ya? I'm looking forward to my 75th, hope they get me a stripper. I keep asking but my daughters say no.
Keep taking care of the better half and enjoy your time. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a good Easter. My brother and his family came in, and after helping my buddy on his car Saturday, went to my parents to hang with everyone. Somehow it's fallen to me to ride herd over the kids coloring the eggs, lot of fun and memories. Beautiful weather up this way, both days, but dropping temps and rain with clouds today.

Floyd, happy birthday! I hope I'm as young as you and Fern when I hit those numbers.

Fern, glad the kids got you out for dinner.

Mike, you ok up there on the hill, or did the mini Winnie get the chocks pulled out and roll down into the valley?

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Hey Floyd 4/1/41 It is April fools day Big Grin

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Speaking of the weather. I'm really not enjoying it recently. It's nice during the week and then crappy on the weekends.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Hey Floyd 4/1/41 It is April fools day Big Grin

So who hollered April Fool, mom or dad?

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning all,yea Chuck it's been windy right here around the foot of the mt. but so far were still here,shook a couple of times and settled down,lol........

Started listing some stuff I have laying around on a local auction site takes more time than I thought but good results so far,working on getting the floor ready to pour in my garage,and trying to get started on my racecar,wanting to get started as soon as I can,I'm as busy as a one legged man in a Kung fung movie arse kicking contest,lol,and I can say that for real.......... Party.............

Well enough about me,Happy b-day Floyd and hope you and old buddy Fern are around here many more years everybody have a pre-hump day in honor of our pal Guy this sounds better than my first thought but Guy would have loved it,Hump Day Eve,or short Humpeve,I can't believe I typed that,Guy made me do it,y'all take care,see y'all around soon.......... Wave................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey Chuck, what are some hotels around the track there for PRP? Just trying to get an idea of costs. It's still up in the air, but won't know until it gets closer to the event.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Would have preferred to have Sunday's weather yesterday. My buddy Matt and I got the Olds onto his open trailer last night, the wind was blowing a cold drizzle. But, that's done, and at Matt's for him to help me out with fuel pump wiring and new fuel lines.

Floyd, nice one! Big Grin

Mike, good to see you didn't get blown around like a tumbleweed. Nice to hear you're getting good results from selling some stuff, I hope the garage work goes good too.

1258, here are the hotels closest to the track. I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, and the Super 8. Both are fine, but the family may be a little more comfortable in the HIE. I haven't stayed at the Blairsville hotels, but it's hard to go wrong at a Hampton, if the price is right.
http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/hotels.php

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Sounds good ChuckT. I always like to plan out the expenses for big trips, especially when it comes to needing food and such for the little one.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Looking like a real nice one here, sun it out, supposed to get to mid 60s. I picked up my freshly sumped gas tank last night, and got it and the rest of my parts over to Matt's.

1258, I gotcha. I do the same.

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Morning Gang...couldn't resist stopping by this morning the bacon, gravy and pan biscuits smell delicious, think I'll have an extra biscuit with a big ol spoonful of that molasses mixed with butter and a tall glass of ice cold sweet milk Wink

Happy birthday to Diane, and they should get you anything you want Floyd, even a stripper lol

Thoughts and prayers all around, hope your day is full of smiles Cool

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well folks Fern is loaded up ready for the weekend at the new Galot race track. Birthday is tomorrow so Floyd will be a year behind once more. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be racing at 75 years old---we should get a senior discount. Mama said I could go and I got kids coming so hard to tell what will happen. Everyone have a good weekend

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Luck .... Fern have a great time.... Double Thumbs up

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good luck Fern. Hope you turn on some win lights.

My parents are back in town so looking to finish the wagon this weekend, I'm hoping. We will see.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Happy birthday, Fern. Turn on some win lights and have a good time with your kids.
Michelle, they will probably get a kick out of it at the old folks home where I will probably be in a year. LOL
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone---Win lights? Just happy to get to go....Where are you Mike? Don't get obsessed with face place as I don't go there Eyes

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Track opens tomorrow, hoping the weather holds off, I want to go watch. Progress is happening on my car, scraping the sumped tank down so I can paint it, and Matt is measuring up where the fuel pump is going, and got the regulator mounted. Also going to have a good time tomorrow night, Thinking of Nikki fundraiser with Lou Greco and Trainwreck, not too far from the track, and they put on a good show.

Michelle, hug

1258, good luck on the wagon.

Fern, happy birthday! Have a lot of fun, and good luck!

You all have a great weekend! Ice cream time!
Ice Cream

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning folks. Some windy weather this weekend. Had big storm on Saturday night that was actually a little frightening. The wagon though lives. The exhaust I purchased for it is night and quiet too. Pops said the carb will probably need to be tuned but I hope to be able to test the car in April and go from there.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I think we're getting March weather in April. It's all over the place. 2 hours after racing Saturday, there was snow mixed in with the rain, before going to to all snow. It stuck to the cars and grass pretty good.

1258, that's awesome! Glad to hear that!

Worked on my heap Friday night and all day yesterday. I put too many hours into scraping and brushing the tank down, for something no one will really see, but it's done and ready to go in tonight. Matt did a ton while I was messing with it, fuel regulator mounts, new lines to the carb made and on, lines for the pump and tank done. Saturday, the track opened, and my buddy Barry made his first passes in the Malibu he bought, took a couple 1/8th mile, then let it eat, .009, 9.85 at 135. Couldn't knock the smile off his face with a sledge hammer, great to see. After racing, a bunch of us went to the Thinking of Nikki fundraiser, where Lou Greco and his band Trainwreck were playing. Great time, and there was huge support, the event raised $5000 for the Foundation.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Today I gotta get some things done. Spent most of yesterday listening to the Vegas race. Had 2 buddies goto Sunday so I had to listen. McClanahan got to the semis, cut a .009 light then blew the tires off that AA/SA Camaro. But Leo went all the way in his C/SA and got the gold. I wanted to see them line up in the final. Both good drivers and fast cars.
How did Fern do?
Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug