DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
That's a pretty good string of numbers there, Fern.
I was hoping my eternal clock wouldn't adjust for this time change, but it did. Gotta figure a way to set it back a little so I can slep in a little longer.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Jese Fern, that car seems a little deadly.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
1258, Floyd, if the driver was 1/2 as good as the car it would be a hard combination to beat. It has always been a good car, driver not so good. Mama was a little uncomfortable last night which causes me some concern....I just wish I could make her better. I treasure every day. Mike you need to stick your head up, hope your absence is caused by our good weather. Everyone have a good day.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Moving the clock up is throwing me off, need a nap. I hope you all had a good weekend. The track had a hall of fame banquet, good stuff, got to see a lot of long time racers and here stories. Yesterday got to see my parents for the first time since they've been back from FL, and mom's cooking.

J, that must mean you make the big bucks! Big Grin I got the new pics, uploaded them, now have to remember to post them here.

Floyd, I hope all that water helps out CA resevoirs. I know I'll like the extra daylight, but resetting is hard the first few days, especially Monday. Take a nap for me.

Fern, I'd say that ought to make you happy! Pick up a few tenths from the last build? You have the Olds moving nice!

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Fern do you hit up most of the big money races? Also where are you located? NC right?

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I do a few now days 1258. I used to go all over till wife got sick. Used to make races at Maple Grove, the Harrington race at Cecil, Out there at PRP where Chuck is, Norwalk, Indiana, Ill, Huntsville, Ala, WFC, all the Loose Rocker races, Piedmont, Rockingham, Pageland, SC. I live 48mi from Piedmont, 50 from Rockingham, and 60 from Galot (Dunn-Benson) Supposed to go to VMP this weekend but got a VA hospital apt Fri which may put a screeching halt to that. I like to go cause that's where all my friends are....Hope to get up to at least Capitol this year and see how Jimmie Bradshaw is doing.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Evening ya'll,yea Fern we have been making hay while the sun shined,and now it's raining again,so it will be a slow week this week but the last two weeks has helped the cause,getting caught up on monthly bills and hoping to get a little racing money together as my friend Steve McCreary has sold me a new ride for the season it's a 81 camaro that I drove a few years back and he sold it and then ended up with it again,I have a 402 BBC to put in it,it won't be fast but I will be back,or I hope so................

I also finally got a pretty nice garage put up beside the house,hopefully get the floor poured pretty some it's a 24X24 I'm really excited,sure hope the sun will shine a lot for awhile,and I hope junk cars and junk in general goes back up I'm going to need it,it may seem I am getting in deep for a man who just lost a leg,but I have some awesome friends who are helping me get back going and I am very thankful for them...........

Well hope you all have a good week I'm getting sleepy and it won't be long till it's time to get after it,take care..............

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well Fern I hope one day I can meet you, well all of you.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Little wet here this week, still warm for a couple of days, and I'm liking the longer time for light. Racing season is coming quick when that happens.

Fern, I hope to see you at Bristol, and give a thought to coming north end of September if all is good with the family.

Mike, I saw the garage, nice. Did I miss the Camaro announcement on FB? That's awesome! There are no friends like drag racing friends.

1258, come west end of September, you'll meet a bunch of DRR folk! Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chuck, this is something I'm really going to push for. My parents are looking at a new truck once they get back home from Florida. Praying it's a 4 door so the wife and kid can be in the truck and trailer.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all, over center day!

1258, I hope it works out for you. I haven't looked at Maple Grove's site, they have any big money footbrake races this year? I'd like to make Cecil's again in September, but have had to work the last few years.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
1258 do you race with Dave Raser? Ask him about fern----if at Cecil ask Carlos Dejesus...Chuck you are on my list for this year. Everyone have a good day

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning , happy hump day to all!!!Weather been great, a little warm but fells like we have missed winter for the second year.

Mike , alright hope the cash comes to you for the race car... That would be great...

Camaroracer , I'm sure a 4 door is in the works,my last 3 trucks always 4 doors ....

Chuck , hope you have some luck getting to the track soon...

Fern , sounds like the car is ready, good luck with your racing....

Everyone have a great day!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Last of the warmer days for a spell. Still nothing to shovel, and temps above freezing, so I'm good with that.

Fern, I hope you're able to make it. I'd like to see Dave at some point this season too, good guy and racer. If you haven't checked, you have some responses on ROP about the rods.

J, I stopped in the shop that is doing the tank last night. Holes cut, fitting for the return on, sump ready to be welded on. I'm looking forward to getting it back and installing everything.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck NIKOLDS got the rods someone else wants the pistons

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
1258 do you race with Dave Raser? Ask him about fern----if at Cecil ask Carlos Dejesus...Chuck you are on my list for this year. Everyone have a good day

I do race with them once in awhile. I haven't done racing much over the past few years. That's looking to change this year. I usually run into Dave at Cecil's bracket days. Carlos I never talked to before.

Chuck, Maple pissed off a bunch of racers last year taking away the money race. Will it come back this year? Doesn't look like it based off their schedule. They need someone with experience to run that event. I guess they lost a lot of money.

I will say they are starting to listen to the racers a lot more (Maple Grove). People will ***** and moan about their past, but they won't shutup and give it another try just because of the past.

We have some of the best tracks in the northeast here, but lack big money races unless you are an electronics car (Atco has a bunch). Hopefully that will change one day.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I raced a lot of those $10,000 footbrake races at the Grove---that's where I met Dave on a day it was colder than a well diggers but in the Klondike......those were always well attended races when I was going. You guys need to look at Motormania 3 tv today for the VMP race today and tomorrow.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Cooling off this weekend. It won't matter to me tomorrow, helping my buddy and teammate get his engine done and at least set into the car. Hoping to do something with mine Sunday.

Fern, good deal. Are you trying VMP tomorrow, or watching it on MMTV like I am? I hope they get tomorrow in with minimal interruption. Great call by Anthony and Michael to make it 2 $10k's, with Sunday looking that bad.

1258, that's a bummer. Always nice to have a good race close to you. The Cecil footbrake race, the Jim Harrington Memorial, is a good one.

You all have a great weekend! Ice cream time!
Ice Cream Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It's a beautiful Saturday morning with good weather in site. Unlike Gainesville where they are having trouble getting their race in. Nascrap is in town so things are humming in the area. I saw pictures of the hauler parade and I should have gone but I had a scotch when I got home so I don't leave the homestead.
Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I hope you all had a good weekend. Winter made a comeback, got an onion snow overnight.

Floyd, accupuncture still helping?

Mike, I saw the FB post. I'll get a pic on here if it's ok. I still need to get the rest of J's posted.