DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Here's what I'm missing. The pits for thr March Meet at Bakersfield on Wednesday morning.

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
There wasn't any place for you to park anyway Floyd......What a turn out Double Thumbs up

Posts: 6217 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Damn, now that's a crowd. Yeah I wouldn't have bothered with that crowd Floyd.

Chuck, it shouldn't be too bad knowing my dad and him being quite handy. The rest of the parts came in yesterday needed to run the car, so should be good.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I had a spot. I paid for entry and one crew pass. Most of my buddies are there and we sent our entries in together and they had us pitted together. One of the guys broke down yesterday on the way so he's not going to make it. So our crew is short two cars.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Winter is still here, calling for a few inches of snow tonight. But, we're 1 day closer to the weekend.

J, 63 for a high is shorts and tshirt weather here. Big Grin

Floyd, I had 2 miss 2 of the last 3 WFC, hurt so bad this year, I couldn't even watch much online. Sorry to hear about your friend's bad luck.

1258, cool, nice to have all the parts in hand. I hope they all make it onto the car soon.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning guys .... Wow , when is everyone else going to show up? Sorry you missed out Floyd looks like a few showed anyway.... I love big events .... I really would like to be there right now... Twenty years never missed one, you must have some great memories ....

Everyone have a Great day...

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Red, the March Meet is a must do before you die. It's the biggest nostalgia funny car show you ever saw and there are plenty of nostalgia top fuel cars there. Normally when I go to a race I'm the senior or close to it. At this race I'm not even close. A ****pot load of the old timers show up. You need more than one day to see it all.
Praying Angel hug Car

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Getting in here late. So I go to traffic court this morning and get a $288 ticket dismissed. Stop on the way home to pick up a replacement motor for the power step on my motor home and find out it is free under warranty.....Day going good sun is out sky is blue then I get home and the sh it hits the fan---literally. I spent about 1 1/2 hours on the commode. Lay down hoping to feel better and wake up 2 hours later and threw up for 10 min.....Feel pretty good right now but afraid to eat anything. I know everyone had a better day than that. Where is big Mike? Come on down Chuck, warm here today. Floyd I am almost always the senior at the track-be 75 in less than a month. My friend won the Div bracket finals 2 years ago 1 month younger than me. like you say old guys rule.

Posts: 6217 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Wow... Fern had a crazy day. Well 2 good things one bad, Fern is still ahead . How did you get the ticket dismissed ? After it coming out on both ends try some diluted Chicken soup , just a small amount at a time. Hope you get well fast, being sick sucks....

Oh have you guy's not heard 75 is the new 60.....something like that!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks RED. I lost 5lbs but feel good this morning. The ticket was pretty easy. OLD, look pitiful, and beg. It worked this time Big Grin Hope everyone has a good day. I got to get 2 days work done today since I lost yesterday. Just a small bump in the road. Where are you Mike? You get snow Chuck??? I ain't talking to that guy in Tucson---ain't fair Wink

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
I was listening to the A/gas qualifying yesterday and before the first rd of qualifying was done the number was 7.604 on the 7.60 index. I'll bet the rest of the gas classes will be the same.
I'll just kick back today and rest my feet and watch the puter. Go try the accupuncture later today and see if that helps.
Fern, I'll be 74 in a couple of weeks. Get over this bump in the road I'm having and I'll be good for a few more years.
Y'll have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! A little snow out there this morning, maybe an inch, nothing really on the roads. Warming up as we go on, into the 40s over the weekend and getting warmer next week. I'm ready for it. Thrash time, once I get my gas tank back. Sump is being welded on, and I'm changing to electric fuel pump.

Fern, I hope you're feeling better. I agree, find yourself some good chicken broth, or chicken noodle soup, maybe some toast, water, and Gatorade. I'm glad you got the ticket dismissed. What did they write you up for to cost that much? Test hit in the Olds down the street? Big Grin

Floyd, I hope I'm like you and Fern, and still hopping in the hot rod. One of my sponsors, Bob Jones, is 73, and he will be out this year in a quick Chevy II he bought from Jason Lynch. I hope the accupuncture helps you out today. Enjoy the live coverage and maybe a little scotch. Big Grin

Ice cream time! You all have a great weekend!
Ice Cream

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all ... TGIF!!! What a week I have had, as time goes by so does our lives. LOL
Weather this week still 15 degrees above normal but will see a cooling trend on Monday and maybe a little rain too, we really could use some. Most friends up in Chandler this weekend racing the divisional , wish them all good luck.
I'll be working on getting car back together, rounding up all the bits and pieces of new hardware is really the hard part. But I'm also painting some of the new stuff , also need to mount and cut up new fiberglass deck lid. Oh and finish glass work on hood not to forget disc brake kit on rear wheels... I'll be real lucky to finish in 4 weekends, so might miss Spring Fling in Vegas this year. Ok Well life goes on....

Chuck, Glad to hear your getting the car back together, hope the weather corporates...

Fern, don't over do it trying to make up for lost time. Glad you feeling better...

Mike, Ring, ring you out there!! hope its all good for you....

Camaroracer, you got big plans with the family this weekend?

Floyd , hope all goes good with the needle and pin cushion guy... It did wonders for me after a motorcycle mishap 18 years ago...

Everyone have a Great weekend , follow chuck's lead and have some Ice Cream.... Ice Cream

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck they are slick down here----$50 ticket ended up $288 after court cost.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Interesting experiment. We will see what effect it has. Took about an hour, no pain, just the smell of what ever she rubbed all over my legs is a little strong. Go back on Monday and I don't know how often after that. Hope it works. Praying Angel hug

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Da--mn Floyd... I can't stand needles so they would have to shoot me.....What is causing all of this.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Don't know but I hope this helps.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
LOL if it's done right all you feel is a slight tapping , no pain at all ....

Floyd hope it works for you, really helped me ...

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Didn't feel any pain, weird sensation when she put the heat lamp on. After she pulled out all the needles she gave me a great leg and foot massage and the did my shoulders and neck. All that for 50 bucks. I could keep going back for the massage.
Praying Angel hug Big Grin

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Progress has been made at Ferns house. Thanks to Danny Lattimore X 3 (3 generations, same name) we got the new stroker in and thanks to Howard Day for the carb help I had her running today Double Thumbs up They drove 4 hours down here just to help. That Olds motor sounds stout. Now to get the new ATI trans and converter in and a couple of test passes and I may be able to make a few races this year. Friends folks, friends. I could have done it alone but might not be done for 5 years........ I just can't thank them enough