DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Mike , good to see you posting...glad to hear the news. Sounds like Halloween was a good time. You two had kids going from house to house, seems that were I live the kids are all grown and moved on. As I remember there is only 4 grade school kids on my block.... Which has about 26 homes on it......times are a changing Eek Funny thing every time I light up the car a few kids show up to see what's going on...LOL Double Thumbs up

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ok--Got Mama moved to a better place in rehab and she is doing better. Her birthday was Sat and everyone showed up and she was happy. Went to Baltimore Tue and took a trans and balancer to ATI to get re-done. Place just wasn't the same without my friend Jim Beattie there. Glad to see Big Mike making progress. Everyone keep your chins up, nice to be above ground.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Looks like today is the last of our really nice days in a row of beautiful weather. I'll take it, 73 in the first week of November.

J, you did all you do on that round. My buddy Mark and I were talking about how different things get into the racing lexicon, and we're about sure "mathematically ineligible" we heard from Jared at the WFC. And now I use it when I announce.

Mike, glad to see you're doing well. Keep up the good work. I bet Mannie was happy to take care of that leftover candy! Heck, I still am, when people bring the leftovers to work. Big Grin

Fern, excellent news, and glad she had a happy birthday. How is the rest of the Olds doing?

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning guys, How we all doing? Chuck with weather like we are having its really hard to go in to work...

Chuck , Its great how racers have a language of our own..... when Jared announcing I'm just amazed how fast and the amount of information he gives out ..... I admire that you can do the announcing at events , when I'm watching you guys you really fill in the gaps for us viewers......

Chuck, Mike, Fern, Floyd, Bob, and everyone else....

Have a Great a Day , do something fun...... not worthy

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck the Olds motors, both of them, are up at Danny Lattimores getting re done, getting one of those new quick aluminum valve bodies in the trans and a new hub in the balancer. Already have 1 fresh and one new converter and the trans in the car has only about a dozen runs since new. I want 2 of everything so when I get to go I don't have any reason not to......I'll be 75 in the spring and you just never know when the man up stairs will pull the rug out from under you......Mama has taught me that.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all, TGIF! Some rain coming through today, going to cool things off to normal November weather. PRP has a test and tune tomorrow, looks like it should be dry for that. I'll lean on the fence and hang out, maybe make a rip or 2 and play with the jetting.

J, I'm just a bracket guy reading a time slip. Jared, Skeet, Mike Beard, guys like that, they are entertaining announcers. You fall into a groove when you're doing it.

Fern, I want to get to that point as well, have a back up everything. Makes getting back out quickly much easier! I hope it all goes back together well and smoothly.

Ice cream time. You all have a great weekend!
Ice Cream Ice Cream

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
OMG!! Good Morning its Friday and I though another week of work... LOL Weather is getting a little cool is the southwest 39 degrees this morning had to turn on a heater...... this week I'll do a little catch up yard work , dang with all the rain hard to keep up!! Its not the trimming , its what to do with all the trimmings ...... every time I go to the landfill I end up with a flat tire.... LOL

Chuck, for the average Joe getting in front of a mic and making sense is no easy task. So you may think its easy to read a time slip off, but if I had the job 2 more passes would have gone by before I was done reading the first one.....LOL Eyes Laughing

Fern , I like the way you think, having all that backup just in case, smart.... I have a backup motor that's been sitting for 2 years. If I did not my present motor would have died early , I'm a slow 10.20s , 6.40s guy with over 450 hits on present motor. I run it thru a good maintenance program to find any problems.

Mike, I hope your doing good, hope you have no need of that recliner.....

Well guy's Have A Great Weekend..... And I'm taking Chucks lead with some Ice Cream this weekend...... Ice Cream

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
J178 that's about what my car runs---6.40s in the 1/8. when it was running 7.00--6.90 I took a 1/4 pass and as I remember it went 10.40.....Oldsmobile motors don't wear out or break much shifting at 5200 Eyes

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Fern , my 406 SBC with a P/G 4.88 and 33" M/Ts at 3300 ft. adjusted runs 10.22 at 128.9s at 7150 rpm at the stripe. I refer to my car as slow because I'm one of the slowest cars in Super Pro and Box out here in the southwest. I never raced as footbrake race , not many race's out here promoted that way. Even in Pro and No Box run most of cars run tranny brakes, but there is a few who footbrake. Hope I did not offend you with that "slow" talk. Double Thumbs up

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Nope---we been fast before, real fast. Lots of people find it hard to believe that the car will 60 in the low 30s with a 4.44 gear and a 31 tall tire. But it does and has a habit of printing tickets. Ask ol Chuck or Mike they have both seen it run.....we have fun, if the win light comes on its a bonus.....Around here most of the big paying bottom bulb races are foot brake. Butchie has one in Kentucky this weekend. 5-20-5 at Piedmont Thanksgiving. ITS FOOT BRAKE Tongue

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning all. An interesting weekend. My little one got her one year check up. Had shots Friday and wasn't her normal self Saturday but was back to her normal self yesterday and so cute.

My dad and I had a heart to heart. Him and I don't see eye to eye with racing since about 8 years ago and I've been trying to put something together on my own. Was going to go the whole LS route with my engine choice but ran into a snag. Basically my pops is willing to help purchase something he's more familiar with small block wise.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Cool start to the day, had a pretty thick frost to scrape off the car windows. I know winter is coming, but that doesn't mean I have to like it! Had fun Saturday watching the test and tune cars. Guys came out to go for their personal bests, and were getting them. Watched the Kentucky Footbrake Nationals yesterday on MotorMania. My buddies did well, Mark Romeo taking both entries into 6th round, and Matt Obertanec runnered up Saturday night. Matt was .0003 red.

J, it's interesting to see the different parts of the country and how the racing goes. Around here, it's more box and no box for good races. Like Fern said, you get south, and it's footbrake. Lots of good footbrake races!

Fern, it sure does print slips. Olds sure don't like rpm. Still trying to find the sweet spot on my 362. The old version I shifted at 6000. I have a miss above 5700 now, so I'm keeping it at 5400. New fuel system for next season, hoping that's it.

1258, heck, I got a t-dap booster shot last month, and I didn't feel the same either for a day or so. Big Grin I hope you and your dad are a little closer to eye to eye after your heart to heart. Especially if it means you get to race sooner.

Mike, big win for the Steelers yesterday, exciting game, for sure. What a day for Antonio Brown! I hope you're doing well.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all!!! Weather in the southwest has been great , A little cold this morning at 4:18 am when leaving the house{49}. Dually took a little extra time warming up, no big deal. This Saturday is my last race before tear down, I think I have said that about 4 times LOL.......
Should be a great time, weather will top out at 78 degrees..... Its a Super Pro and Pro race being put on by Arizona Drag Racing Assoc. it pays $2000 and $1500 with a low buy in for here $50 and $30 with First Rd buy backs being $20 and $10....... I think this will bring them out , if it does not they must be broke down or asleep...... LOL
This is the same club I runner up in 2 week's ago, there was only 34 cars then and I'm sure this will bring out 25 more cars so it should be a great day of racing......

Mike , how you doing, I hope all that candy is gone......

Chuck, Looks like your buddies did all right...
As soon as I get more brakes on the car , I'm going to redo my delay box {quick connect harness} so I can run Super Pro and Pro {Foot braking} Always gotta be learning something new ..... right......

Well I hope All of you have a great day..... Double Thumbs up

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning guy's! Veterans day is here , take a moment and give thanks to all who have served. Too all who have served to protect our freedom !!!! We salute you...... Thank You!!

Have a Great Day........ not worthy

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning all. Been busy busy busy.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern got floored today---almost every restaurant in NC was giving away free meals to us vets today. I went in a Pizza Hut that was not and the little girl waiting on me gave me a big hug, thanked me for my service, and was crying the whole time because they were doing nothing for vets.....that was someone that really cared.....Mama was good today as she was with the caretakers that care for her well and she likes. Sure would like to see more progress. Hope all Vets had a good day for Fern it was USMC

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,please don't faint,lol,it's really me,I believe this may be the longest I've ever been away from the GM thread,it's funny how when you got time to sit around you don't have time to check in,quess I just got to much on my mind the last set back of losing the leg has really changed everything about my life,nothing's the same I can't seem to get it back to my normal,don't quess I ever will.
The weirdest thing is as I said I have plenty of time just can't seem to focus on one thing,seems a lot is going on in my small mind,and plus where I fell and cracked a rib it's healed real well but my elbow that was injuried has a bone chiped in it and may have to have attention before long,plus my right hip has screws in it from back in the late 70's and because of it carrying all the weight when I'm on a walker the screws are working loose,so thinking of having to have that hip totally replaced,and I can't hardly think about that right now,sorry for going long it's just my brain is running over.......... Banging Head............

Fern I'm so glad to hear mom is doing ok,give her a hug for me,and thank you for your service past and present..........

Chuck I've been watching your posts on FB of your racing and enjoying all of them,thinking maybe I could get out in the spring,hoping anyway...............

Floyd you and Buddy seem to be doing ok,also been enjoying you two on FB with your racing and your vet pic.yesterday was outstanding,thank you for your service past and present................

J,1258,and any of our Mia's and visitors hope ya'll have a great day,see ya'll later with shorter stories,lol........... Wave...................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Rainy start to the day, but the sun is out now. Looks like we're cooling off for a day or 2, then in for a good stretch for November in Pittsburgh.

J, 49 in the morning... that's shorts and tshirt weather for us! Big Grin That's a nice entry and payout race. Good luck! I have a number of friends who have their boxes on quick connects so they can double class, works well.

Fern, well deserved hug. Nice to know the waitress got it, that Veteran's Day means something. Glad that your wife had a good day.

Mike, you sure have had some big challenges in the last few years. I'm glad you're hanging in there. I sure hope you can get out there in the spring.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Guy's !!! How is everyone doing, hope your weather is good. Have a couple of friends pulling in to Pomona , 1 in Super Pro and 2 in Pro. The Arizona guy's really did good in Div. 7 this year. Hope the two in Pro don't get ladder against each other in first round...The reason we have 2 racers in Pro, one moved on the new wild card after winning in Pro {not race of Champions} LOL.. Hope that makes sense......
After hearing about that Div. 2 Drag bike racer who loss everything to a thief you begin to wonder who and why do these people deserve to keep breathing ..... After I typed that I thought " that's harsh, No Its not"....

Mike , I read your post at breakfast. I can not imagine what your going through.. After all that's happened.... keep up the good fight, sending prayers....

Fern, I think we should celebrate veterans everyday it just makes sense, with out them where would this country be... Glad your wife is in a better place, that's great news....

Floyd . what you been doing? You going out to Pomona this weekend ? How about that big bucks race in Vegas over Thanksgiving ?

Ok Guy's... Have a Great Thursday.....

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern spoke to soon---they took Mama to ICU this morning. I haven't heard any more. Just when it was looking better.