DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Good looking crisp, clear mid 60s fall day out there, wish I could play hooky and go stomp around in the woods.

Fern, sorry to hear about the complications. And the deer strike. I got to talk a little with Ben when he was at PRP for the SSS run off, nice guy. I hope he comes back up for the bracket finals.

Mike, owch... I have no doubt you're sore. I hope you mend up quick from that. Bed will be a good place to be to do that. Thanks for the comment on the Olds. I'm not into the plasti-dip look on wheels. The Weld series with the black on them, those are sweet, but the old Draglites work just fine. Big Grin

1258, happy birthday to your daughter. Great stuff. Does it have to be a '69 Camaro? This is a '68:
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/5239308143.html

SP, I hope you are getting the OT pay to go with the hours.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SP4X67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:
Mornin' all! Good looking crisp, clear mid 60s fall day out there, wish I could play hooky and go stomp around in the woods.

Fern, sorry to hear about the complications. And the deer strike. I got to talk a little with Ben when he was at PRP for the SSS run off, nice guy. I hope he comes back up for the bracket finals.

Mike, owch... I have no doubt you're sore. I hope you mend up quick from that. Bed will be a good place to be to do that. Thanks for the comment on the Olds. I'm not into the plasti-dip look on wheels. The Weld series with the black on them, those are sweet, but the old Draglites work just fine. Big Grin

1258, happy birthday to your daughter. Great stuff. Does it have to be a '69 Camaro? This is a '68:
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/5239308143.html

SP, I hope you are getting the OT pay to go with the hours.

The way my pay schedule is unfortunately I'm just getting straight time since Monday was a holiday. Next week I'm taking off for the million so Saturday will be straight time for me as well!

As long as I'm off next week/weekend I'll survive......don't like it but I'll live Big Grin

Posts: 3 | Location: Texarkana, TX | Registered: July 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all..... still working towards the weekend.

Mike, can you take it easy and heal.... Dang !
I like that your getting around, but banging yourself up ... Ouch... Please no more falling down.

Hey Chuck, I don't do that face book stuff , can you PM me a picture so I can see what Mike is talking about...... LOL

Fern, Floyd hit the nail with the hammer " your patience and devotion is very inspiring. Just remember, you aren't alone. You're in our thoughts and prayers"

Camaroracer , I was just looking on "Racing Junk "there sure is a lot of the 69's posted.
I sold a Vega once on the site , I'm not sure about buying..... sure is some junk out there.....

SP4X67, WOW "mandated overtime".... I work 48 hour's in 4 day's and my weekend is mine. NO overtime here, salary worker...... but I still end up working weekends 10-12 time's a year....
just not race weekends..... Good Luck at the million......

"Bender" good to see you here....

Everyone have a Great Day.... the Weekend is just around the corner...... Double Thumbs up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
SoCal is kinda blocked today. There is only one way to go north due to mud slides from heavy hail and rain storms. I5 is completely shut down over the grapevine. Glad I wasn't planning on going anywhere.
Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Cooling off this weekend, might get a little rain, some parts may even see flakes. I'm not ready for that. No racing this weekend, friends are getting married tomorrow, should be a lot of fun.

SP, bummer on the straight time, but if it's financing your real life, and getting you to the Million, that's good stuff. Good luck there, and say hello to my buddies Jared Pennington and Matt Obertanec. What are you racing?

J, I'll have to remember to post the pic in here. Just my rusty beat up junk at the head of staging before I go out and go .009 red to a .111 package. Gah!

Floyd, in my morning bleariness, I thought I saw on the news mud slides out your way. That's the downside of rain after all the dryness, instant mud. Be safe out there.

Ice cream time again! You all have a great weekend!
Ice Cream Ice Cream

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Hey Guy's, Good Morning.... TGIF... Hope everyone one is making good progress as this week is very close to being done... Still thinking about what I forgot to do yesterday , if I could only remember what that was,,,, LOL

Chuck , rusty is a form of lighting the car? Right.....

I hope to have a great weekend as I have the last race of The Arizona Super Street Assoc. I'm tied in 3rd place battle, with number 1 and 2 battling away too. First day race since May, gates open at 6:00 am and I have a 2 hour ride to the track......I like to compound my problem's as I will hit the house tonight at 10:45 pm, then unload work stuff and reload race gear.....
Great planning on my part , I will put the truck on cruise control and sleep on the way up .... NOT ...... LOL My wife always say's you call this "FUN".......... Tongue

Well you guy's have a Great Weekend....I know I will........

Sunday is the big day for my Rocky Road !!! Ice Cream

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Bbrrrrr..... not ready for it to be this cold in the morning already... high 20s! It's supposed to warm up some this week. Had a good time at my friends' wedding Saturday, good stuff, good gathering of the racing family.

How did you make out in the last S/St race, J? And yep, we do call it fun! Big Grin

Mike, that was a nice win for the Steelers, good play by Landry Jones. I'll take it, for sure!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
It's Monday and tonight the Eagles are playing the Giants. Let's go Birds!!

ChuckT he's very particular, so if it's a Camaro he will more than likely want a '69, but '68 or '67 if clean will look at. Biggest issue we have is between my dad, brother and I , the car needs to fit a driver no smaller than 6'1". I'm the tallest at 6'3".Was a big issue we ran into with the last '69 Camaro as a roller and spent a lot of money on.

Daughters first birthday was a success. Lots of folks showed up. It's great to see the amount of great family and friends my wife and I have. A couple pictures of the big day.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Warming up nicely this week, after the brisk start yesterday morning. I wish I could play hooky today. And I know I say that a lot. Big Grin

1258, Fleagles won, right? I saw a little while I was out with a couple buddies last night. I'll keep my eyes open for a good clean first gen. Great stuff for your daughter's birthday!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all, or Good Afternoon to you east coast guy's !!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Made did we get some rain Saturday in the AM , from 4 till 6 got 3/4" !! Remember this is a desert ... by 6:15 it quit, but was to be at the track at 6 AM........ Hum

So what did I do get loaded, get some breakfast, and start driving 100 miles north. On the way ran though a 5 minute down pour, but the closer to the track the better the weather was...

Chuck, first time hit .013 light my 1000 foot history showed me low 10.93. took more out of the box I go -.026 and 10.915....
I never chase the time in my box, this time I did adding .020 to the box.... Never had this much time in the box before. LOL I go -.036..... What the heck was that..... I'm home by 4:00 in the afternoon.... Still wondering what happened ...

Funny thing was a good friend had his JRS racing , so he decided to get in... No delay box, bottom bulb guy..... 10.10 player but has a stop bottom plate, butterfly system that he just closed down to 10.90 wide open..... He takes out everyone and wins......

Have a great day!!

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning folks. I have to say I love these mornings where it's 40 some degrees and nice cool air.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day, and Friday for me. Trying to get my heap down to Mason Dixon for the SBRA bracket finals this weekend, I'm going with or without the car. I'm hoping the weather treats us good, had a fun time there last year.

J, sorry it didn't work out. Congrats to your friend, especially hitting the bottom.

1258, I'm with you, to an extent... as long as the day is warming up! I do like the crisp cool clear mornings. Especially if I'm racing.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey everybody been kinda laying low lately since the fall I took last wed.but I'm on the mend again,hope all ya'll are having a good month and am so glad to see the GM thread is still up toward the top,see ya'll soon..................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Morning all. Another day starting in the 40s and then hitting about mid 70s. Was gorgeous yesterday. Picked up my daughter from the inlaws and took her to the park after real quick.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Evening guy's ..... Been non stop all day, 4 more hours and the day is over... been real nice here, on the drive in at 6:00 am a cool 68 degrees. Right now 72 with about 1 1/2 of sunlight left....

Mike , glad to hear from you, hope your feeling better today...

Chuck, after my poor performance on Saturday I was not looking forward to the points coming out. To my surprise I only fell back to end the season in 4th, seems a lot of the guy's who win rounds did not do too good.......

I hope everyone has a great dinner tonight and a great day on Friday ........

Just got a picture from home regular gas $ 1.98 per gal................... Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good day folks,another nice day here in Cana and I can't do anything about it I'm going crazy laying around but after the fall I know I can't do the stuff my head says to do so I must sit and heal hopefully in a while.............

Hope any of you that are racing this weekend have good luck and lots of fun,see ya'll later................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning everyone!!!!! Been watching the Million , was watching till 11:30 PM west coast time and then starting watching at breakfast this morning at 6:00 AM .......LOL

Well you guy's have a Great Weekend !!!!!

crying Sad all I got to look forward to this weekend is a long honeydo list and major yard work.... crying

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Can't let this slip to another page.

Kind of slow out here. Was baking some chicken and heard a "pop". Went in the kitchen and there is glass all over the floor. Looked around to see what fell off the counter and then noticed the outside glass on the oven door was gone. That makes a hell of a mess when it shatters.
That's all for now. Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks----been almost 2 weeks since I posted. Sorry! Mama spent 9 days in ICU and is now back in the rehab facility. She is doing better once more. Sat I went to the Carolina Powerfest at Rockingham to visit. I got to see lots of friends and ate lots of free barbeque. Had free beer to but I don't drink. You ever get a chance to go to one of these Tony Saracini and Steve Earwood put on a good event. Got a new beater and sold the wrecked one. Continuing my assault on deer I struck another one with the duelly. Dead deer but not much damage to the truck. Glad to see Big Mike is taking it easy. I know how hard it is for an out doors person to be "laid up". Us old people got to do what we can.....Don't forget to hug the one you love, you can't depend on tomorrow. And DRIVE safe Wink

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! It's a Tuesday that feels like a Monday for me, after 5 days off. I couldn't punch my way out of second round at Mason Dixon all 3 days. Went red first day, to a .020 package, so I don't feel so bad about that. Went red second day, ran it out to a dead on with a zero. My guy was .019 red and .02 under behind me. Awesome. For the $6k, behind .03 on the tree, and parked, but no luck. I had .003 to get in on, and it wasn't happening. Still had a blast. Got to be with my friends for 3 days, my buddy Rick made it to the semis on Saturday, getting himself dialed in, and I got to hold his baby daughter, one of my "unofficial" nieces. Nick Bowman put on a clinic in footbrake, winning the high roller gambler, runner up Saturday night, and winning the $6k Sunday.

Fern, got to see you on Facebook, thanks to Beard! Big Grin Hopefully will see you at the WFC X, if not before. I'm glad to hear your wife is doing better. Dontcha know you're supposed to use a bow or rifle for deer hunting?? Big Grin

Floyd, I think that happened at my parents years ago. It's like car glass isn't it, goes into a bunch of little pieces? I just hope it didn't get into the chicken!

J, congrats on the top 5 finish. I hope your list got a lot shorter after the weekend, without being refilled.

1258, it was a nice day on this end of the state too. It felt good to be out and about in shorts, could be for the last time this year.

Mike, I can't imagine what you're going through with everything. Keep hanging in there. I like seeing you post. I was behind a log truck on that nice day Thursday, thought of you.