DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 ... 788
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Chuck , how did you do that .....LOL
I was checking for errors in my post only to find your post ..... Wow You win.... I'm still sitting with the stage light on waiting for lights come down !!!!!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Evening guys,got to have a MRI in morning at 7:45 at hospital so well no the mission ahead if theyres a sign of infection in bone I will lose my right leg from above the knee,and if it's not in the bone well try to kill the skin infection,so we'll know more tomorrow.............

I'm sorry guys to be hogging up my post with my problems,but they are the big moose in my room,lol,so it's kind on my mind,but I enjoy reading you feller goings on's sure hope Ma's doing better Fern,and I hope Chuck J Floyd and 1258 have a good week..............

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mike check your PMs Big Grin

Posts: 6260 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike so sad to hear. Be happy to be around buddy.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Well, looks like winter is moving in, after today. I knew it had to happen, but we've been spoiled by these 60 degree days. Tomorrow isn't bad, 50 still, going to get the water out of the Cutlass and antifreeze in. Saturday, we have a slow index race to finish the season, lot of fun, and it's looking like the nicest weather we've ever had for it, around 50.

J, I'm seeing your post before mine, so I think you got the tree! Big Grin Man, 1 red to a .097, hate when that happens. Been there. A lot, too much, this year. How long is your offseason out there?

Mike, no way we think you're hogging up post space with your problems. You're our friend and we want to know what's going on. We're all puling for you, brother.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all ! Wow!! you talk about weather.... In SoCa the low was 51 and going up to 79 ... That why 7.5 million live in LA county... At home the low was 46 and its going up to 77, in the southwest we have got a good amount of rain so far this fall. The weeds in the back yard are growing as fast as take them out....

Chuck, Season for me is over , I'm in the process of tearing the car down ... I'm going to lighten it up a little so I can add another battery and get as close to 2800 with me in the car.... So I'll remove 72 pounds and add 42 back and that should do it... Need to send belts back in to Crow {expire 11/15} removing drums in the rear for Wilwood disk kit . Have deck lid and rear bumper being made, and the fun part is a total color change. I'm going from white to black, as its not hot enough in AZ maybe the black will warm me up a little....
Oh... Chuck the first team race At Wild Horse Pass is January 23rd so I got to kick butt on my days off..... Already started the process and found my left front fender had a bunch dime size holes and that had been repaired wrong.... My alignment guy had damage the wheel well opening last year so new fender should be here Monday.... Hope I can finish all this in time....If not I'll be racing with no dog house and in prime... LOL ....Just kidding

Hoping for best for all.... Have a Great Day.... Double Thumbs up

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good news guys no infection in the bone only in the skin,so things are looking up,I sure hope all of you folks have a very good weekend I know I will sleep good tonight...................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Hawks:
Good news guys no infection in the bone only in the skin,so things are looking up,I sure hope all of you folks have a very good weekend I know I will sleep good tonight...................

ALRIGHT.... GREAT NEW'S..... Wave

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Woo it got brisk! It was around 20 this morning when I walked out of the house. We had a lot of fun Saturday with the slow car index race. Impossible to hit the tree in the Jetta dumping the clutch, but it was a blast. I got the Cutlass ready for winter, street tires back on, water out of the block and rad and antifreeze in.

J, good luck with the updates. No way I'd be ready for Jan 23! Big Grin

Mike, I was so happy for you when I saw your FB update over the weekend. I hope you kick that infection out and get back to 100% real quick. How's Manny doing?

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning all, looks like most have jumped ship here... Weather has been great, worked this weekend on the car body work and in the yard..... Did not even break a sweat, I just love the 70s . Now if I could find a way for the sun stay up longer......Where was everyone been. I keep looking. I guess I'll just talk to myself..... I have lots of practice being married over 30 years.....

Chuck, Tried to post some photos of my progress , I should have gotten a Masters.... LOL
I planning to go racing Jan 23 The car if not finished will be missing bumpers, windshield moldings,turn signals front and rear , grill, and headlights... BUT I'll be their racing.....
LOL

Have a great day guys....WOW short week, I just love it...... Double Thumbs up

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey guys,thank you all for the encouragement I start my fitting for the prost.leg tomorrow and theyres no signs of infection in my right foot it was a scary week last week,but we're on our way back,it's bisquit and gravy time,I'm feeling better............

Chuck,Mannie's doing ok just hating school worst than ever,been hunting a lot this time but no luck yet but he keeps the Deers honest,lol,it's all going good,thanks for asking Chuck,well hope everyone has a super dupper week........... Wave............

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Glad things are looking up for you Mike. I know I came in the middle of this whole thing for you but definitely sounds scary.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Gearing up for turkey day, liking the short week. The daily driver is getting new sneakers while I'm at work, and the alignment checked out. I'm beating up the insides of the treads, down to the cords.

J, 70s are about perfect in my opinon too. Especically when it's a dry heat. Big Grin For posting pics, you need an image hosting site, like Photobucket, Shutterfly, etc. They're free to join. Make an account, upload your pics, then copy and paste the IMG code into your post. Up there ^^ at the top of the General Discussion page, that's what all those folks did that posted in the Show Your Ride thread. PM if you don't want to bother with that, and I'll give you my email address. You can send me the pics and I'll load them for you on mine. I've done it for ol' Ferndale. Big Grin

Mike, it's always good when it's biscuit and gravy time! So glad you're doing better. Keep moving forward, brother, we're behind you. I hope Mannie gets a nice buck soon.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning .. how we all doing.. Glad to see you guys posting I was beginning to think everyone had gone on vacation.... Hahaha

Mike, Hope you got some great food, remember nutrition is the best medicine. Eatin the right stuff can make a big difference of how you heal, but you have to reward yourself too....

Chuck , Wow I have not seen cords since my slick were replaced 14 months ago , also check your pm.....

Have a great day guys.......

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! My Friday. Heading to my brother's for Thanksgiving, looking forward to seeing my nieces and nephews, hanging out with the family, and maybe having a little bite to eat. Big Grin

J, I'll get the pics uploaded and posted soon. Nice car!

Fern, I hope things are going well.

Thinking of Christine today, and over the weekend. The "Mark - forever 53" in my signature is for her husband. He went in to the hospital on this day 6 years ago to have a malignant sarcoma removed from his femur. He passed on Friday, November 27, 2009, from complications of the surgery. I'll never forget getting her text when I turned my phone on that morning, that a special angel came and took Mark to heaven. I bawled my eyes out. Mark and Christine were awesome together, and Mark was a great guy. I miss my friend, and can't even imagine how much Christine, their boys, and the family are missing him. Christine is now an RN, and is working today and tomorrow. She posted on FB this morning to remember to tell the people in your life "I love you." Fern has been saying the same thing. All the more reason to have a little ice cream somewhere along the line this weekend. So much to be thankful for, starting with the good people in our lives. I hope you all have as great a Thanksgiving as I'm going to have.
hug Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all!!! This also is my Friday and it is going to be a long weekend with plenty to be thankful for.....weather in the garage will be a pleasant 65 degrees so I hope to do a lot of paint prep work will I'm cooking the bird and seeing family and a few friends ....Sure can see were my priority's are LOL....

Hey Chuck thanks for your help....

To all who visit here , Mike , Fern ,Chuck, Floyd , Camaroracer , Mark, Bob and everyone else.... have a Great Thanksgiving and have a little Ice Cream Ice Cream with your pie!!!!!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Mama is doing good and I am in WV deer hunting. Got a nice 9 point first day. Good for you Mike.

Posts: 6260 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Happy Thanksgiving everybody.
There is frost on the coconuts this morning. 42* and might warm up to 59* if we get lucky. That's just to cold for a native prune picker like me.
Did my annual dead bird at work yesterday so today it's 8 1/2 lb prime rib and Marty is fixing a big old ham. It will probably be salad for the rest of the week. Except tomorrow night. My kids mother, my first wife, is in town and we are all going out to dinner together. Saw her a couple of years ago and she's weathered a bit over the years. She hasn't held up as good as me. LOL.
Y'all have a gooden, Mikey be good. Fern, nice buck.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4828 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning guys,hope everyone's Thanksgiving was good,mine was full of food and enjoyed some visits,Floyd I saw that Prime over on FB and thought about putting it in high gear and get there for dinner,lol,it look great,well ya'll folks have a good weekend and if you're around here it's leftover days...............

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Post Thanksgiving hangover Monday, from all the good times, not from any booze. I hope you all had a great one. All safe and sound in travels both directions. My sister in law does a great job with the meal. Good times with the family.

Fern, sounds like you got a nice buck. Bunch of my friends are out today for first day of rifle in PA.