DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Chuck I get the knife 21 Feb. spent all day the 9th at the Drs going over the whole mess. I think we have it covered now. Temp got below freezing last night but it was nice here today. Had to execute a couple of mice in the motor home the other night. Everyone have a good one.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Nick, Ryan McClanahan won super stock in the delayed Waternationals. Just in case you didn't know.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all,

Don't want to let this slip to far back.

Okay, I'm tired of it already. It started raining last night and it rained so hard it woke me up. It hasn't let up one iota since yesterday evening. Poor Woody is bored to death. Me too.
Y'all have a gooden. I'm done *****in.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks Floyd--we got to keep this going even if we don't have much to say......high 60s low 70s here in central NC. Hope everyone had a happy Valentines day. I will be heading to the Greensboro auto show tomorrow night. Chance to catch up with some old friends. Its always a good time and I'll let you all know how it goes.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Stopped raining for now and will start back up tomorrow afternoon and rain Saturday and Sunday.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
As for keeping up this site----I talked to Mike Hawks friend and he promised me he would tell Mike to check this site he started once in a while. Had a good time at the car show and saw a lot of old friends last night. The Turner family does a wonderful job promoting this for the benefit of the Shriners Hospital. Raining this morning and 60 degrees. You all have a good one.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all,

Brrrr, it's cold, 37*. Rained a lot yesterday and even got some hail.

Still don't have the hay hauler running. Marty is fabing a hard line for the bottom radiator hose. It would have been much simpler if the Mesiere pump had a screw in hose adaptor instead of the cast outlet like the old CSR pump. Could have run a AN line and been done, like on the old pump and radiator. Just like you said, Fern. A sikple upgrade cost a lot of time and money.
Y'all have a gooden. Blue Man

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain Floyd---took me over 3 hours to install a button on the steering wheel today, Nothing worked or fit like it should.....Its on there but not tested yet....

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Fern,
I put a low mount passenger side alternator on and sfter all the machining I had to do to get the belt straight I don't want to change it. Couldn't find a rubber hose to fit so I got the screw in AN fitting for the CSR pump, welded an AN fitting on the radiator and had the local hose guy make up an AN line that was a piece of cake. The Meziere pump has a molded hose fitting so that option is gone. I told Marty to just get a new CSR pump but he said no chinese junk for him. We wound up with 1200 bucks worth of radiator, water pump, shroud and fans, relays and a whole lot of work. It will workout.
New front tires showed up yesterday so I'll get them mounted today.
We better do more than one race this year.
Shake head

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Leaving in a few min to go get my knee replaced.....see everyone, whats left of us, when I get back.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, good luck. You'll be fine. Might pick up your reaction time a little.
Take care of yourself.
Fingers Cross

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, did everything go okay?

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Fern,

Marty got the new lower hose all fabricated and it fits perfectly. That low mount alternator I have on the passenger side is what screws it up.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey guys work is mad busy for me at the full time job. I feel good about the path I'm on. If we get more staff for our team I should be able to become manager if I don't **** it up.

The real estate stuff is about to get hot for me. I have a couple clients that want now, and then I have about a half dozen that will be ready later this year.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
so far so good Floyd. Got set back a day because everything I ate came right back up. Didn't crap for 5 days. But so far all has been good. Moving around with a walker but that won't last long I hope.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, Good deal. I know it takes longer to recuperate as we get older. Just take it easy.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning to all!! Been unable to post has been way under the weather ! Looks like I’m still above ground so it must be OK ....

Fern , I did the same for several weeks off and on, but I’m still here ! Hope the knee replacement went well and you’re up to your old self soon best of luck to you

Floyd,I hope you make good use out of those parts , get that truck back on track!!

Chuck, thanks for asking about me, big division race here in Tucson I’ll go out and watch on Saturday and Sunday or maybe just Sunday just depends on how I feel Hope to go recent third week in March

You all have a good day

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all,

It's raining again over here. Supposed to rain all day. Won't make Woody very happy.

Ain't making me very happy either. The forecast for Bakersfield is rain Wed, Thur and Friday. We are planning on going up Wednesday so we can do th tewt and tune Thursday. Now I'm starting to wonder if we want to spend 3 days sitting in the pits watching the water come down. Times like this I'm kinda sorry we sold the big trailer. Ain't no place to hide in the open trailer.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Floyd I was thinking about selling my big enclosed and getting an open trailer but I have the motor home to hide in. If it keeps raining we will need a boat, not a race car. Knee is coming along I guess but not as fast as I expected. Daughter from Baltimore is here, escaping the snow, and is a real big help.....get well Nick! Later

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Fern, it just sat in the driveway as an extra garage for over a year. I had it built to my specs and paid 22K for it. Had it a little over 2 years and got 23 for it. It sold quick.