DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Evening or Morning ! When ever you may be reading this......

Chuck , sorry to here about your weekend weather, hope you can make a few more rounds too be in that top 10.......

I'm doing this on my phone trying to remember who said what. LOL ......

Mike , that sounds like a real good plan , something to look forward to. I'm really glad your getting past all this! Hope nothing but the best for you .....

Fern, rolling on the porch sounds pretty good right now , hope your wife is making good progress..... Hope your motor problems get worked out.....

For last weekend was last team race , got to the quarters and then saw red... Finished me in 9th place for the season LOL same as last year....
In S/ST have run 5 of 6 races putting me in 3rd with last race OCT 17 th ....

That's all I got, have a great hump day !

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Gorgeous week of weather, cool at night, even 40s, sunny and 70s, no humidity. Getting a little warmer for racing Saturday, but that is fine by me, as long as it's dry.

Mike, I've met some awesome people on here, and even if we never meet face to face, I know enough to know how good of a person you are. I'm glad you started the thread. I hope you are enjoying some sun on your face, and some fresh air.

J, that dreaded red eye. You know you were trying, and we've all done it. Can you move up to #2 or #1 in S/ST, or is the lead too much?

Fern, I hope you're taking care of yourself too, in addition to your wife.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning to all DRR !!!

Kind a cloudy here but feels great outside, stuff myself with breakfast after getting on the scale and loosing 3 pounds from last week.....LOL

Chuck as far as moving up they both would have to stay home , and normal car count would have to grow by 40 cars with me winning the event, about 5 rounds behind them....... Eyes

Mike , what's for breakfast ?

Have a great day to everyone..... do your best..

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Dragging a little today, went to the Pirate game last night with my dad, aunt, uncle, and buddy. We stayed all 12 innings, made for a late night. I really want a nap. So it will be a Mt Dew lunch while I watch a couple of innings of the day game.

J, I gotcha. Still, good finishes in both, congrats!

I hope you all are doing well out there. Have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning all, Been having funny with Kyle and the Spring Fling Million Raffle... LOL
Weather here cooler than last week, had been real hard to sleep last week when no A/C and just a fan....

Chuck, sounds like that late night and you should take a little nap. Naps are really good for the body.... Oh and thanks for your praise on my season...

Mike and Fern, hope everything is still going good.....

The local track in Tucson is going thru some positive changes with Jim Hughes at the wheel. Best thing so far is he has been communicating with all the locals , and that's very smart and has not been done in over 5 years. Oh and fern you will love this , the new name for the track "Tucson Dragway"

Well have a great Day!!! Double Thumbs up

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Well, I know it has been awhile, but decided I just might get re-involved.

Mike, I was shocked when I read what you have been going through. That is a *****, but you seem to be dealing with it well. Can't imagine keeping a positive outlook with all that going on.

I have been busier that a one armed paper hanger. A couple months ago, all my Doctors pretty much told me to not make any long range plans. Seems the chemo and radiation is killing me faster than the cancer. So we have stopped all treatment for now. Hoping my Liver will recover in time to allow some other types of treatment. While my liver is indeed getting better, it is improving very slow, and no one is sure if I will be well enough to try any of the new treatments that are now closed to me because my liver is in such bad shape. Personnaly, I think the cancer in my liver is about gone, and a lot of the tests they do back me up on that, but the Doctors are not so optomistc.

Anyway, I feel that I have certainly got my nickel's worth from this life, and have few regretts. I do wish I had planned better for Peg's sake, but we are putting some last minute things together that will offset some of my poor choices of the past.

I think I am about done racing. When we were able to leave the car at the track, and just back it out and kick the tires, it was still all I could handle, and that was if I went out in the 1st or 2nd round. If I was lucky and stayed in it till the later rounds, I was a basket case. There is no way I can load up, strap down, and tow to the storage area. I do want to make one last full power pass before we sell the car, but not sure if that is going to happen.

But, again, I feel I can accept what ever happens, but hoping for a bit more than the Doctors are thinking. We shall see.

I will try to stop by and post when I am not feeling so damn whinny.

Later

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Praying Angel hug Sorry

Bout all I can say.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all, TGIF. Keeping my fingers crossed the weather fully cooperates for the last day of points tomorrow.

Ken, I've been wondering about you, and feared there was a reason you hadn't popped in. Like Mike, there's no way the truth about what you're going through can be considered whining. I thank you for being a friend, and sharing with us. I sure hope your feeling trumps the doc's. And I especially hope you get one more WOT pass. You, Peg, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

If that ain't a call for ice cream with the good people in your life, nothing is.
Ice Cream Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning all TGIF!!!!

Chuck I hope you have a great race, good luck!!!

Mike, Had Chicken Fried Steak and eggs, hash browns with pancakes for breakfast, pretty funny I was not even hungry. How does that happen. Lost 4 lbs. in last 2 weeks, I guess not sleeps and coughing all night burns the fat.....LMAO

Hope everyone of you guys have a great weekend!!!!! Double Thumbs up

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Man I wish I could sleep today away. I'm spent. Friday night, shifter cable broke when I went to move up in the lanes at test and tune. Got the old one out, and set up to get a new one in Saturday before time trials. All good, in the lanes for second time trial, and the rain comes. We race Sunday, and first round of Modified, I draw my buddy Mark Romeo. I hit it and think I'm pretty good, .024. He's .009. I hear the sound of round death as he's pedaling me, so I drop. 7.9400 on a 7.94. It was 1 too many pedals, he gave me the stripe by .0008. I get his brother Kevin second round, I'm .017 and Kev is .015. I get up top and I don't see him, lift and brake, Kev broke the rear and pulled over at the 60. Now I'm in a 5 way tie for 10th. If I win 3rd round, I get 9th place to myself. My .035 to a .022, Aj is pedaling, I stay flat trusting the car, go dead on with an 8, Aj almost give is back, MOV for him .0002. 2 of the guys I'm tied with left, so 3 of us run off for the 10th spot. My .028 to a .015, I broke out by more, Nick coming at me with 30mph more than me. Adrenaline crash, I'm tired, a little sunburned, but happy. I'm on the bracket finals team for the first time since 2012. And I missed the first 2 points days in Mod, because I didn't have a car that could cover the slowest dial as I working on the Olds still. So if I had just staged something, and gotten the 2 points, I would have been 9th or 10th. So I'm really happy with where I am.

I hope you all had a great weekend.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,had hash brown and eggs this morning J and it wasn't bad trying to get my eating habits back to normal............

Had my 44 staples took out this morning it already feels better won't be long now they will start working on my prost.so be back in the hunt before long...............

Hey Fern Chuck J Floyd ya'll take it easy this week if anyone ask why youre taking it easy just tell them to give me a call I'll straighten it all out,lol.....................

Good to hear from you Ken,you're one tough fellar,think of you and Peg often,take care....................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern went to the Div 2 bracket finals. 15 tracks from Kentucky to FL. It was a marathon but I got to see a lot of old friends and visit a lot....The kids from Pageland take good care of Fern for sure.....None better. We ended up in 3rd place, 4 points out of 1st. We won the Mod class and the track owners race.....our racer won Mod last year also....tough bunch of foot brakers (no box) at Pageland.....Glad you are getting on with it Mike....Mama is doing OK but it could be better.....Later!

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon to all!!

I was home for 82 hours this weekend and slept for 69 hours , LOL I'm almost over my bronchitis. It rained most the evening Sunday and all day Monday making sleeping easy.....

Chuck, great job on that last race, very happy to see that your going to Bracket Finals . Good lucky !!!!

Mike, hope your going good !! Eating health makes for a strong body, I try to do just that but about every 2 weeks I'll have a meal that's not health but taste great..... This Sunday going with a friend for some Lucky Wishbone .....LOL Can't wait its been over 2 months since my last visit there.......

Fern, Sounds like you had a great time.....

Have a great day guys ......

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day, and the first day of fall. We're in a nice stretch of weather, 70s, sunny, low humidity during the days, cool, good sleeping weather at night. It looks like we're ok for this weekend, 2 day nostalgia event. I'll be on the mic for it, really cool stuff all around and on the track.

Mike, glad to hear you're doing well. I could go for taking it easy, I'll put the boss through to you. Big Grin You take it easy yourself, glad you're around, and if you need anything, just holler.

Fern, did you race anything? That's one of my favorite parts of the event, seeing people, meeting people, different rides to check out.

J, thanks, I'll take all the luck I can get. I hope you've kicked the last of the bronchitis. You're making me hungry with the Lucky Wishbone talk. Big Grin

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All ! Its another day above ground, great to be alive. Weather here in SoCa is going to be hot near and over 100 degrees this week. Next week is ET finals in Fontana , hope it cools down just a little. I could not get out of work for this one, sure hope the guy's from Wild Horse Pass can get it done......

Chuck, sounds like you got a great weekend coming up, I love a blast from the past shows.....

Mike, keep up the healing process, love to hear about your stories being on the hunt....

Thanks for the read and you know ......

Have A Great Day............ Double Thumbs up

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good evening to all;

So, how is everyone doing. Hope the healing is going well Mike. Don't know that I could be as positive as you are. You got some grit.

Things here are going well. Have some minor issues, but not worth whinning about. AND, finally got the doctors to realize that I do have a hernia, and that they have been treating for the wrong thing. Anyway, all is well.

I have decided to decline my party's nomination for President of the United States. I have way to many "honey-dews" to be running around the country kissing babies and lying about what I would do as POTUS. Hey, I don't multi-task.

OK, gotta go. I am 3 naps behind, so have to get to bed and be rested tomorrow so that I can take one or two extra naps and try to close the gap.

Later

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
OK OK OK!!!!! I'm up!!!! Good afternoon, going to be hot out here the next few days.......

That's all I got.... Have a great evening !!!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Mikey, I been watchin all the reports and thinkin about you. Same with you Fern. Not much I can say.

This weekend is the last chance for me to make the ET finals at Fontana and it decided to be hot. Guess I gotta go if I want a shot. Check the inventory of beverages in the trailer. I know the scotch is good but I don't remember about water and soda. I'll put in more just in case.

Had a lazer procedure done on my manufactured lens in my left eye. They get foggy after a few years so they zap it a couple of times and it's crystal clear again. Amazing!

Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Hoping the weather stays dry all weekend; looks like we might get wet Sunday. The track needs a good turnout this weekend, after their big Night of Fire show got rained out a couple weeks ago.

J, stay cool out there, don't catch fire.

That goes for you too, Floyd. Good luck on the shot at making the ET Finals. I've always wondered about the lazer stuff. I've worn Coke bottles since second grade.

Ken, you're making me jealous with the naps. I hope the hernia is getting some medical attention now. Are you sure you want to decline the nomination? I would vote for you, for sure! I would be especially supportive of your nap policy. Big Grin

Mike and Fern, I hope y'all are doing well.

Ice cream time! You all have a great weekend!
Ice Cream Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Chuck, it was a procedure to clean the implant lens, not to correct vision. I've never done the lasix but theb people I know that have done it swear by it.