DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, it's Friday again and lots of storms around and hopefully everyone can get a little racing in and maybe the pond tour can carry on, Mannys bout to have a fit so he needs his fix...................... Tongue..........................

Well I hope everyone has a outstanding day and weekend............................. Wave........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Well, here's to everyone's well being. Things here are fine.

Mike: How is Mom. Is she home yet, or still giving them Hell at the Hospital?

Manny is a good looking young man, and has a nice looking friend there sleeping on top, but don't you think you should get him a new sleeping pad. That one looks old and well used.

Anyway, glad things are going well. Nice fish. He must have had a ball landing that thing.

OK, gotta go. Looks like we are actually gonna make a pass or two tonight. We'll see.

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Mikey, that fish could feed a family of 6.
It's summer out here in SoCal so me and Buddy kinda cool it and make sure the electric company has plenty of income. I looked at Solar but I'm not going to live long enough for it to pay back what it costs. I'll just bite the bullet and stay cool.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4820 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,Ken you are so right about that old sleeping pad being well used, but Manny and Tipsey both say it's all soft and mussy.................... Tongue.....................

And Floyd you are right, that's a big fish, the pond owner said to put the fish back and boy I'm glad he did, Manny was saying hey Dad lets eat him and I said nope we wouldn't have anything to fish for if we eat Big Dennis, and then Manny said well rd. 2 get ready Big Dennis I'm coming back for you.................. Eyes.....................................

And Ken that was a fun fight getting that bad boy in(which Dennis could be Denise Hum) Manny was all rared back pulling him in and then Manny got tried and hollered Dad help he's pulling me in, which I was right there ready to catch him, but he was a fun fight............. I rule..............that was what Manny was feeling when we finally got him in.................... Double Thumbs up.......................................

Well I sure hope ya'll enjoy the pic.s I sure enjoy showing my boy off, don't tell him, got to keep him grounded......... Hum Smile................
Hope ya'll's day is outstanding see ya'll after bit..................... Wave..............................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, hope everybody has a great day......................... Wave .........................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Back in the real world, dealing with my racing hangover, and wanting some hair of the dog that bit me. Awesome time in Bristol for the WFC, adventures all around, tons of memories, great spending time with my friends, seeing folks and meeting new people. My buddy Matt Obertanec was Friday night's winner. I flubbed it up all weekend. Car isn't exactly right, but we're getting there.

Mike, great pics of everything. Manny, like all my friends' kids, is growing way too fast. That sure is a big fish, I bet it gave him a challenge. I hope mom is doing well.

Ken, did you get to make those passes?

Floyd, I'm kinda interested in solar too, wondering about the cost versus return. I have a lot of roof. I'm with you though... I gotta stay cool in that kind of heat.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, man the weather is a lot nicer here today than even yesterday supposed to be this way through weekend and get some much needed rain over weekend, bad news for racing good news for maters................ Wink Double Thumbs up......................................

Chuck Moms hanging in there she seems to be going down hill everyday she's having trouble with her speech and even she's noticing................ Praying..................................

And Ken did not mean to ignore your question the other day about Mom being at home or still in the hospitial, somedays I seem to get to typing and forget what I was typing about, she's home and staying by herself, with me peeping in and checking on her hourly and Mannies been staying around the house while I haul a few loads of logs every day or two so it's a hard row to hoe when she needs watching after but she don't want you too.............................. Banging Head hug...........................................

Hope everyone has a great dare I say HUMPDAY, ok there I said it, sure miss our friend GP.............................. hug Wave...............................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all, over center day! Got to love this weather... the heat and humidity cleared out for a few days, low to mid 70s today and sunny. I just hope the rain stays away and I can test tomorrow night, and race on Saturday.

Mike, prayers for mom. You keep that rain down there though. Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good Humpday afternoon everyone.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all. Nice stretch of weather continues here, just hoping the chance for rain misses the track this evening, especially if I get my fuel pressure regulator.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Happy weekend all! Ice cream time!
Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It's drag racin time. Summit Series today and tomorrow. 84* and lightly cloudy. Should be a good day.
Y'all have a gooden. Angel Angel hug Car

Posts: 4820 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Everyone;

Out the door, on our way to the track and some "Nostalgia Drags". 1972 and older. I certainly fit.

First pass on our new slicks. Going to stiff sidewalls for the first time. Also, trying a few new things on the car. Should be interesting.

Weather is not so bad. High maybe 94, so not as hot as it can get here. That is good.

OK, we are on the road. Hopefully, I can post again and tell of my exploits and victory.

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Well, we had a very interesting and productive day at the track.

First of all, and for some unknown reason, the gates were open early. We were in, all set up and ready to go by the time (10:00) the gate was suppose to open. Test-N-Tune was from noon to 2:00 pm, with time trials starting at 3:00, so we had plenty of time to get ready.

Also, we have been having problems with the motor home generator. It would run for about an hour, and then just quit. We took the cover off the box that contains the control board, switches, and breakers. Positioned a fan to keep it all cool, and the generator ran all day long without issue.

So, first pass was a bit squirrely, and disappointing. I talked with some of our friends, including the guy that sold us the new (used) M/T stiff wall tires. 3084S, and raised the air pressure to 9 psi, and did a more intense burn out.

Second pass launched hard and ran straight. RT was .09 something, ET was 9.94. Not bad for launching at idle, or 1,000 rpm.

Third pass was even better with a .06 RT and 9.75 ET

But, somethings just don't change. On my way to the staging lanes for our first time trial, the car just quit. Pretty sure it is a fuel issue. Not so sure exactly what, but with Ol' what's her name's stellar guidance, I am sure we will figure it out.

We didn't get to race, but, we made some serious progress, made some new friends, got to see some old friends, and all in all, had a fun day. Peg thinks I will enjoy some of my new friends. She tells me they are old, gnarly, and seem to think they are all still teenagers. Hey, what's to not like.

Oh, and the pits were filled with late 60s, early 70s fuel dragsters, roadsters, and funny cars, and a lot of those old gnarly *******s that drive them. What a fun day.

I have a few days to figure out the fuel issue, then a few days to recover from my next Y-90 treatment on Friday, and I should be ready to go racing in about 10 days. Life is good.

OK, gotta go. Ol' what's her name has one Hell of a "honey dew" list, and if I don't get them done, she won't let me go out and play. Now, if only I can figure out where she hid the Tequila, I will be one happy camper.

Later

Ken Gasbarri

Oh, did you notice that I finally figured out how to remove the second photo of the car on my posts. I get smarter every day.........well, almost every day.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
With the major drought we are having out here wouldn't you know that they schedule a drag race and the rain will come. It wasn't much of a rain but it was wet and we had two rain delays Saturday.
I got by first rd on a double breakout. .027 light to his .083, 10.73 on a 10.80 dial to his 9.61 on a 9.75 dial. That's the first round I have won all year. Second rd .035 to his .027 10.785 on a 10.75 dial to his 12.475 on a 12.46 dial. I burped it when I got to his back bumper and didn't catch him. My mistake but it might not have made any difference. Now if I can just keep those lights going and not give up the stripe maybe I can do better today.
Y'all have a gooden! Off to the track. Praying Angel hug Car

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, Ken sounds like you had a heck of a time, but had a good time that's what counts............... Double Thumbs up....................

Good luck today Floyd hope you get a lot of win light today..................... Double Thumbs up...........................

Hope everyone has a great end of the weekend...................... Hum Wave.....................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Yesterday didn't go as planned. Couldn't hit the tree as well and lost 1st rd by .0018 in a very good race. That's how it goes in this game. Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield.
Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Looks like we're warming up and seeing some rain this week, hope it out by Thursday. Got some parts and pieces to put on and test and see what the Olds likes, and go racing Friday and Saturday.

Ken, glad you got some runs in and had fun. Fuel pump going? I like the nostalgia rides, cool stuff. Always amazed at the old front engine cars, drivers having the driveshaft and rear end right under, well, the same.

Floyd, I feel you there about the bug and windshield, for sure. I like the tight races, even if I'm on the wrong side. Worst is hearing the whomp whomp of impending doom.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Grateful for AC at work on a day like today! You all stay cool as you can, and drink plenty of that refreshing H2O.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning and Happy Humpday!!
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post