DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,it's time to get after that hard to catch it this morning, but I must get started....................... help........................

Chuck thanks for asking about Mom, shes about the same she'll go for a month or so doing pretty good and then she has to slow down and has to go get some help at the dr. and that's where we are off to this morning, she is real weak and breathing hard and coughing a lot so we'll see how it goes.................... Praying.................................

Well as I said I'm off to get the morning started and see if I can make an extra buck for my visit to walmart this evening, with Manny keep me in your thoughts.................... Wink Double Thumbs up..........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Man did we have some storms come through yesterday. I saw reports on Facebook of funnel clouds, but I don't know if a twister officially touched down or not.

Mike, glad to hear mom is hanging in there. I hope the doc can help her out this morning.

My buddy's dad battling mesothelioma is hanging in there. I saw him the other night, at my buddy's son's graduation, and he looked good. He just gets winded very easily because of the damage to his lungs.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! I'm not superstitious, so this being the 13th ain't nuthin' to me. It's been Friday the 13th any time I've tried to do anything to the Olds! Laughing Ah well... one final check to make sure the pushrod isn't moving, then I'm pulling the engine out tomorrow and Bob is going to take care of it.

I hope of you out there have a great weekend! Ice cream time!
Ice Cream

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning Drr, a fine windy day here in Cana, hope everyone has a outstanding day............................ Wave..........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning and Happy Fathers Day to all our dads. Y'all have a great day.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, and a Happy belated Fathers Day to all the Fathers and hope everyone had a great weekend....................... Ice Cream.....................................

Well got to get to it, going to get hot today and this week but it is summer time, see ya'll tomorrow......................... Wave.............................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Looks like we're warming up this week, and getting the chance for rain every day that goes with it. I got the engine out of the Cutlass Saturday and took it over to Bob. Now I got to see what to do with the transmission. Hopefully Humpty Dumpty goes back together again. Maybe that should be the new name for the car. Razz

I hope all you dads had a good Father's Day!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Man we had some storms roll through last evening. Hail, sheets of rain, thunder and lightning. We'll be dealing with it all week it looks like, with the hot and humid weather.

Prayers needed for my buddy's dad. He's having a hard time with this round of chemo. And for a coworker's mom. She had a bad stroke, and will need a lot of therapy. I appreciate it.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon everyone.

Sorry to hear about your friends Chuck, I will keep them in my prayers. Wow our weather has been absolutely beautiful. Highs in the mid 80's with a nice breeze to keep things comfortable. This is definitely Chamber of Commerce weather.

You all have a wonderful day and talk to you soon.
Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon Everyone;

Hope everyone is doing well.

Things here are well. Just completed our first day on the road after visiting with our Kids and Grand Kid in Denver. Had a very enjoyable time, and 5 days, maybe a week is about right for visiting. Don't overstay your welcome that way. Anyway, we spent most of the time with Kylie, and then there is her new Chocolate Lab puppy. Damn thing is mostly legs, ears, and a whole lot of very sharp teeth. He should turn out to be a great dog, but right now, he thinks I am his new chew toy, and that ain't fun. I did get him a huge rawhide bone, and he layed off me for awhile, so good investment.

Kylie took third place in 10 year old balance beam, and fifth place in floor. I was expecting to see something on ESPN, but somehow missed it.

So, one more short day on the road, a day of rest, and then we go full speed into the new Y-90 procedure. Hope I am up to it. One way or the nother, it is going to happen.

OK, got to get some rest and hit the road in the morning

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, Susie, Ken, Mouse and Chuck Good to see ya'll typing yesterday I was in ER with Mom all day until they admitted her and figured out she had, had a stroke a mild one, not sure what that means but they said if I hadn't got her to the ER when I did it could have been a lot worst, she lost her speech and the right side of her face dropped down but other than that she had no other signs of the stroke, and by yesterday afternoon she had her words back and was doing better, it's really tough watching her go through this but shes one tough old Mountain lady.......................... hug....................................

Well hope ya'lls day is a good one I'm off to see how shes doing and maybe work a little this morning so here we go............. Wave..........................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all, over center day! Working through the humidity, and all. I got the AC unit in the window last night so I can sleep comfortably at least.

Thank you, Susie.

Ken, great stuff, always amazes me too when my nieces and nephews somehow get snubbed by Sportscenter. Glad to hear it was a good visit. Go get 'em on the Y90.

Mike, sorry to hear that about mom, but I'm glad she is already bouncing back. It's great you were able to get her to the hospital quickly and get her taken care of. Praying for her.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone. Mike so sorry to hear about mom, of course I will say an extra prayer for her today.

I am just amazed at how beautiful our weather is this week. Last week we were over 100 for at least 4 days and this week we are in the low 80's with a wonderful delta breeze. Doesn't really get much better than this.

I hope you all have a wonderful day. Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, another hot day here at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mt. on Rocky Ridge Rd.seems to be a theme in there somewhere, Wink......................
Looked out the door of the camper and there it is a flat tire this morning on the front of the truck............. censored.........so got to fix that this morning, and then get after this day before it gets to hot, it was 73 at 6am so don't have to be a weather man to say it going to get hot today................................. Ice Cream yea it's a great day for ice cream.......................... Double Thumbs up...............................

Moms still in the hospitial, shes recovering but slow the Dr. seem to think the stroke was brought on by some meds that her family Dr. put her on, but whatever brought it on her hearts real weak and shes going to be in the hospitial for a few more days, and Susie and gang I sure do appriecate the prayers................ Praying.............................

Hope everybody has a fine day............... Wave.............................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Some more rain last night, came down in sheets with the wind driving it, might be some more today. Like Mike said, you don't have to be a weatherman to know it will be uncomfortable, when it's already 70 degrees right after dawn.

Susie, I say you all deserve the nice weather if you had 100s last week! I'd melt!

Mike, I hope the flat didn't fight you too much. Remember to drink plenty of refreshing H2O in this weather when you're working. Continued prayers for mom, hope recovery keeps going in the right direction.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, Chuck it was so hot yesterday morning and evening the tire is still flat, I just jumped in moms PT cruiser and hit the rd. will fix it when things slow down................... big idea........................

Moms having a pretty hard time now she's still mighty weak and seems confused and kinda angry and that ain't mom but they say after what she's been through this can be expected.................... Praying...............................

Well hope everyone has a great Friday I'm off to my diabetic Dr. and then to maybe finish week off in the log hauling and then to hospital to sit with mom awhile.............................. Wave............................................

And Chuck prayers to your friends dad and you co-workers mom prayers sent their way........................ Praying...................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Mikey, call the AAA to fix that tire. Give my best to Mom.
Y'all have a gooden. We are going to have hot one here too.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Looking like a pretty nice weekend around here. No racing for me, my friends and their daughters are coming in, haven't seen them in far too long, looking forward to it.

Mike, that is the scary things about strokes, the changes that can happen to the way the person acts. I hope the treatment and rest help mom get back to normal. I'm with Floyd, call AAA. Or let this be a teaching moment with Manny, where he get to do all the hard work, and you supervise. Big Grin

Ice cream time! You all have a great weekend!
Ice Cream

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
Y'all have a great weekend.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Mike, how is Mom doing? Hopefully, she is getting better. Scary thing, strokes.

Well, I have had my first Y-90 treatment. It went well, with the tumors absorbing all of the radioactive stuff, so getting maximum effect. But, had a bit of a glitch. Lots of pain and nausea. Friday night was about the worse I can remember. Seems I wasn't taking my pills correctly. The Doc called just to check on me, and after I told him what was happening, he got me on the correct path. Things are a lot better now. Next week, we do the mapping of the left side, and a week later the final treatment.

Now then, on another note. My Grand Daughter Kylie 3P Lewis,shocked not only her family, but the whole crowd at her latest gymnastic meet. She didn't do well enough to get on the podium, but was offered a "participant" ribbon with all the other girls that didn't win. She declined the ribbon, saying that she did nothing to earn it. I am quite proud of her, as is the rest of her family. Don't know about the gymnastic organization though.

Well, I got a few kinks in my back from spending all day yesterday in bed, so thinking about taking a nap and try to fix that.

Gotta Go

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post