DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, good looking humpday getting started and it's all down hill from here, hope everyone has a outstandly great day............................... Wave...................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Seems like things are going well. Hope it stays that way for everyone.

Well, survived my first Y- 90 encounter. Long day. Got there at 7:00, left at 4:00. And not a minute wasted. SAMMC (San Antonio Military Medical Center) seems to be very efficient.

Only bad part was having to lay perfectly still on the table for about 3 hours, while having leg cramps, itches, and restless leg syndrome. I was partially sedated which I am sure made it a lot easier, but wow, just wiggle my toe and everyone is saying "don't move", "don't move". But, I did get through it and things are starting to move quickly. But, I won't be going anywhere for awhile. Need to be at the hospital every week for the next 6 weeks. So, our mini vacation in May has turned into our mini vacation in June, and now, our mini vacation in July. Tomorrow, I have my last BCG treatment, and then I am done with the VA for about 3 weeks. It will give us time to take in a couple races, hopefully.

I need to get to the track and clean and organize before I can go racing, but that should be do-able.

OK, Ol' what's her name is stirring, so I need to get her coffee poured. She is not nice before coffee.

Later

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Parts of the area did get some storms yesterday. I got home after work, maybe a half hour, and with the sun shining still, poured hard for about 10 minutes. Mark had a tree uproot and hit his project truck windshield, and got the gutter on the house. Hoping their roof is ok.

Michelle, prayers for Snuggles. I will tag when I get something together. Big Grin

Ken, I hope the Y-90 does good for you. If I understand correctly how the BCG treatment works, I am willing to bet you are REAL glad to be done with it. I hope you get to some races, and a mini vacation come July.

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, a little stormy lastnight and looks a little like more today, and we got some rain last evening and could use some more it don't take long to dry the ground out in the upper 80's....................... rainy..........................

Hope everyone has a great day got lots on the daily planner to do, think I've done got away from the daily plan already believe a nap would get me back on the plan.................. Wink Sleep Tongue Wave................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang.
Getting ready to get some rain around here for the next few days.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Rain came through last night for a spell, cooled things off here, to what I consider perfect weather: sunny, low 70s, no humidity, cool at night. Tomorrow and Saturday are a few degrees warmer, good start to the weekend. Maybe I'll get something done. You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF!! Another gorgeous couple of days forecasted here, hopefully the Pirates play as nice as the weather, and take at least 2 from the Brewers. Dropped the valve body out of the transmission last night, my buddy Rich looked it over for me, got to call BTE and find out if everything is right with it. Crossing my fingers! You all have a great weekend. Ice cream time!
Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, sure hope everyone has a great weekend...................................... Wave.........................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon Everyone;

Hoping everyone is doing well. Everyday problems happen, just good to be able to keep ahead of the bubble.

Yesterday was my last BCG at the VA hospital. It was one of those days. Not a thing went smooth or right all day long. No problem with the actual procedure, but it was like pulling teeth getting there. I did survive, and it is over, so the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter all the time.........I think.

The Doc that will be doing the Y-90 called and informed us that my first Y-90 procedure will be Friday, the 20th. We have an appointment on Monday, the 9th to do whatever. Tuesday, we are headed to Denver to spend 5 days with our Grand Daughter and her folks. Wanted to spend a few more days, but will take what we can get. If we wait until after the procedures, I have to wait 60 days before any serious hugs and cuddles. Doc says the radiation has a "half life" of 6 days, and he recommends going 10 half lives before getting up close and personal. I guess it really isn't that big a deal unless someone gets close to my abdomen, but better to not take chances. She glows already, no need for any help.

Other than that, I am going out to the track tomorrow and try and make some sense of that mess I call a race trailer. Hard part is going to be getting rid of a lot of "stuff" I just don't have room for. It's all good "stuff", I just don't need it.

Shannon is in town with her Mother. She has found a town house to rent until she can come up to speed on a life of her own. Gonna be interesting to see how this goes. She will be moving down mid August.

It is getting hot and muggy here. I will be picking and choosing my "adventures" at the track. Hopefully, we will get a race or two in between weather, hospitals, and family.

OK, nuff jaw boning for now.

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, just about time for my early morning nap thought about weed eating but thought weeds gotta live to............... Hum.......................
So maybe later after my noon nap then it'll be to hot and then it'll be to dark,there ya go put the weed eating off till next week...................... Double Thumbs up.................................

I used to have a t-shirt that said worlds greatest loafer, it's wonderful to be seeing my dream life come true...................... Laughing .......................................

Ken good luck with all your doctoring and cleaning out your trailer sometimes it's hard throwing stuff away, but sometimes you have too, but don't look at my place there's crap here I can't remember where it came from........................... Confused....................................

Well hope you all have a outstanding day and relax if you can there's plenty to do next week.......................... Wave....................................................

DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
good morning!.... Time to face the 1st monday of the week... Still a bit early in the month to salvage the bank account . Hope yall had a great weekend . Now its time to get out there and be somebody. Have a great day !

photo wao-painting-logo-1_zpse0a5ba9f.jpg

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,another Monday is upon us and I woke up feeling rough for a Monday got a soured belly don't know what from probably a stomach bug, so hanging out close to the camper for today maybe it'll get gone by this evening.............. Praying...............

Got to get feeling better can't have a belly ache on your b-day I'll be the double nickel tomorrow, june 10 1959 mom brought a big old baby boy to the party and man what a ride since.................. Party Car......................................................

Hope everybody has a great start to the week and everything just comes up peaches and crème the rest of the week...................................... Double Thumbs up Wave........................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Yep, Monday is here. Gray and cloudy and misting, makes me want to nap. The Pirates sure started the weekend series off with a big bang Friday night, but fizzled out the rest. Yesterday's 1-0 loss was very frustrating. And I was teasing Scott and Nicole too.

Ken, I hope all the treatments treat you well, and you have a good visit in Denver. I never knew about that with radiation, the half life. I hope you have some good karma headed your way, after all you've endured with this.

WAO, did you get mad at midnight?

Hi Mike! Wave Take it easy in the mini Winnie today, save up for that birthday. Big Grin How is mom?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon Everyone;

Hoping everyone is doing well.

Been to see the Doctor, and a whole lot of good news.

I've had this Colon Cancer of the Liver since Jan of 2011. Since day one, I've been told 'it can't be cured, but, we can stay on top of it until you die of something else". Well, today, my Doctor tells me he has every intention of getting rid of the Cancer. When he is done, if the Cancer is not gone, it will be damn close, and he can get it with a little extra work. Sounds good to me. Now, as always, I won't be dancing until the fat lady sings, but it sure is something to make me smile.

Oh, and Chuck. That radiation thing. It is not like normal radiation treatment. With Y-90, they will be injecting radioactive micro glass beads directly into the tumors. The glass beads stay in the Liver, and the radiation slowly dies off. I think with normal radiation treatment, they just zap you with radiation, and when it's over, the radiation is gone. Anyway, it really is no big deal, but you know how they get about such things. I might set off a detector in an airport, but I get a card that says I am allowed to be radioactive. Wow, I'am somebody.

Anyway, first thing in the morning, we are off to see the kids in Denver. Only get to be there 5 days, but we will take it.

Boy, I was thinking "wow, if I put a little effort into it, I can have Peg's "honey dew list" done in a month or so" and then it is all down hill. But, I thought she was texting the kids about the good news, and in fact, she was updating the "honey dew list". Ain't never gonna finish it now. Damn.

OK, got bags to pack, car to load, and maybe catch a few Z's

Ken Gasbarri

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, Wow Ken that sounds great, so get at it, Pegs got crap to do................ Wink.........................

I feel better this morning hopefully got rid of the stomach bug and going to try and haul some logs, and it's going to be a hot one on top of it all................woooooohoooooo........... Double Thumbs up...............................

Ya'll have a fine day....................... Wave..................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Looks like I wiped out a lobe on the cam. I think my car needs an excorcism. I don't even know if the trans will work, and I have to pull the engine apart. Just trying to figure if I will use the old cam from the previous build, or if I will get a new one with lift closer to the one in there. We do this for fun, right?

Ken, that is great news. I did read a little when you posted the Y-90 treatment, but forgot it was the radioactive beads. Maybe change your name to "Dirty Bomb"? Big Grin Good luck on that list.

Glad you're feeling better, Mike. Careful out there.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE. Party I hope you have a wonderful day and congratulations on getting another year older. I personally think getting older is wonderful, it certainly beats the alternative.

Sorry I haven't been around for awhile. To be quite honest I have kind of been in a funk and just didn't have anything good to post. After waiting a year to get the front end put back on the car, we go to Sacramento a month ago to race the national open and in the 1st round the engine blows up. To say I was heartbroken is putting it mildly. After much discussion we have decided to build a BBC and get rid of the Olds motor. We want to run in the 10's and in order to do that with an Olds motor it would take a lot more money than we have. We can build a reliable 10 second BBC motor for a lot less. Now we just have to get all the parts together and build it. Hopefully we will be back out before the end of the year.

Chuck, sorry to hear that you are also having problems with the Olds. I definitely can relate.

Ken, that is great news from the doctor. Have a great time with the kids.

Summer is here and it is only June. Sunday was 105, yesterday was 106 and today is supposed to be 103, but it is going to be cooling down to a chilly 95 by tomorrow. The entire state of California is on high fire alert and everywhere you look everything is really dry. Thankfully I live in the middle of an irrigated vineyard so I should be pretty safe. Pretty scary.

WO you stay out of trouble now, you hear. LOL

You all have a wonderful day, especially you Mike. I will try to get better about posting more often.

Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
Humpday is here.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day!

Happy belated birthday, Mike! Sorry I missed that yesterday.

Susie, you sure can relate. I don't blame you for going BBC. If I were to be running that quick, it just make economic sense to go that way. Heck, I'm kinda tempted now, seeing a deal not too far away from me on a 454. I hope it all goes together good, and the Olds gets back on the track soon. Keep your head up, and don't melt out there.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good evening folks, Chuck it fine you missed my b-day I actually forgot it was the 10th until late yesterday when I was filling out some log truck paper work, Thanks Susie it is outstanding getting older I'm kinda proud to see the wrinkles and gray hair it's kinda cool knowing I get to see green again everyday.................... hug....................................

Got in a little late today got up late this morning and tried to make up hauling some logs the boys had piled up so been a busy day and I'm ready to crash, so to speak, see ya'll in da morning......................... Wave....................................