DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, looking good again today going to haul a few logs this morning and then take Manny to see his dentist and then visit IHOP always a treat to make plans to visit my and Manny's favorite pancake joint........... Wink.............ya'll have a great day........................ Wave.................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin y'all!
I had a fairly productive weekend. Got carpet put on the walls of the trailer, loaded bbq, bbq table and chairs. Put the mini-truck in, getting ready for the maiden voyage next weekend. We will find out how this turd handles goin down the road loaded.

Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang.
Hope all is well with everyone.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Everyone;

Well, looks like things are going well for most.

WA, did you ever make the tow? I certainly understand. Use to be, by the time I picked up the rig, towed it to the track, got everything unloaded, I was pretty much toast. Now, we keep the car at the track. I get there, open the door, back the car out, do the pre-race routine and I am ready to go. Problem is, lately, we haven't had time to do even that. Our lives are scheduled in two week increments, and most of the time, when we get to the end of the two weeks, we find out we need to wait another two weeks to find out what happens after that. Oh well, at least it keeps me out of the sleezy bars. How in Hell I am expected to meet sleezy women elsewhere is beyond me, but that is a discussion for another day.

Chuck; Here's hopin' you finally get some weather and can make some good passes before you get to the brackets.

Floyd; Hey Dude, looking good. Good luck when you get it loaded. Take the time and double check everything and drive careful. Good luck at the race.

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! If you all have a sec, check out my thread in Tech, curious to see thoughts on what my electrical issue may be.

Mike, some pancakes sound real good about now. Never been to an IHOP though. They make 'em with pecans? Nice diner across the road from me does, helps with my weekend naps. Big Grin

Wow Floyd, nice work, looks great!

Mouse, any changes in your mom's condition?

Ken, I hope you get in the car soon and get some clean passes. That will really keep you away from the sleazy bars/women. Big Grin

You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, off to work in the big town of Mt.Airy this morning my boys I haul logs for got to cut out a lot for a new building for a contractor this morning be weird working in town instead of the deep woods, we may even call in a pizza for lunch..................... Double Thumbs up.......................

Well hope ya'lls day is outstanding, country ham and eggs bisquits are on the stove enjoy them bisquits they are so light and fluffy that I had to lay a dish towel over them to keep them from floating away................. Tongue Wave....................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Trying to fight through some kind of bug, feel achey and my sinuses are running. Bleah. Hope you all feel better than that. Can't wait to go get some sleep.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, man it got hot yesterday in town, I know why I love the country so much and being out in the middle of no where, in town they ain't no where to hide and take a leak in the town limits theres way to much going on for my liking......................... Eyes Wink...............................

Well you all have a fine day I'm off to the big woods to see whats in store today.................... Wave......................................

DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
mornin yall....I left the keys in the truck for you chuck..you musta not felt like it either..lol...

I don't know what the deal is with that?..all was in order fine,plans and prep was done..full tank of gas and all. But let's face it, if I'm stressin out dreading it, then there is somerhing wrong... Hmmm, I figure..gotta be a reason.
ya see, I got my daully truck in the air and begun a re-do on it(its black and I'm goin to turn it white),
I also have my living room under construction. . Here's what happened.. I sat teri down and told her my mind ...and she took it very well,but she did take a day off for it. I had detailed the white truck for the trip earlier and it was lookin good too!..this was fri. Ok , sat morn I did a little runnin for materials and figured I'd be productive on the liv.room. .so I'm workin on that a bit and go outside to get something and I hear a real strong hissin noise???...I go over closer to the truck and a valve stem had split(I guess from brushing the wheels) , so I grabbed the keys and hauled ass to the tire shop.. For 6bucks I was good ..whew...
teri says.."ya think we would have been on the interstate and have a flat?...omg ..what if we lost control and got hurt?---I'm like, Hum..so I get to work on the house and found some drywall that looked funny to me so I kept pickin and the next thing I knew, the whole wall was stripped(30' exterior wall)...and I found I wasn't the only life livin here! . 50% of the wall was occupied by ...yep!...subteranian termites. And they were active. Eyes. My annuals were up too, giving me instant issues with my termite man...monday he says the five year plan is expired and he needs to do a treatment for $1140.00 .I told him that he can forget that cause your 1st 5 year plan is apparently ineffective!..I currently gettin quotes and found a $650 route that is no different with the same chemical (we use termidor down here....so teri says...how much would you have spent to go south and race?..ummm prob $600.00... She went.. Hum,, related?... Maybe, you judge for yourself,
I'm deflated so I'm goin to work!. .fun ain't it?...take care guys/gals ...I'll get more personal later.

photo wao-painting-logo-1_zpse0a5ba9f.jpg

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Damn, I think I'll go back to bed.
Confused

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
one would think floyd!...for some reason , im unshaken my friend!... Ice Cream

photo wao-painting-logo-1_zpse0a5ba9f.jpg

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, got to get after it today and do some mowing and other growed up stuff and then fishing tonight so ya'll have a great day and weekend, what is this racing you folks speak of............... Tongue Wave.............................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
First 2 race for the Summit Series this weekend at ole Fontucky raceway. Maiden voyage for the new car hauler too. Weather looks good and it should be a fun weekend. Ain't been on a spotsman tree in 2 years so that's going to be different. Let's see, block out the first 2 lights and go on the third. Yep, that should work. Y'all have a gooden.
Praying Angel hug Car

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF!! Looking pretty nice here, if we can get through today with no rain. Finally got the Cutlass to the track last night, made 1 pass, 8.12 in the 1/8th, car wouldn't shift into third, so I bailed out. I was coasting before the 1/8th mile, and only shifted at 5800, never changed it from the 455's point. I'll adjust the cable tonight and hopefully that does it.

WAO, you didn't paint any doors on it, so I left it alone! Big Grin Besides, if I get in, the jaws of life will be needed to get me out. Funny how things work out like that. Glad you weren't on the road with a tire going down. That's a little scary about the termites. I hope it all works out right.

Floyd, have yourself a great time. If that doesn't work, go on 3. I hope the car hauler tows smooth for you.

Mike, you and Manny catch up some big ones, and put some fried catfish and cajun catfish on the lunch menu. mmm mmm!

You all have a great weekend. Ice cream time!
Ice Cream

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
Day 1 of my 4 day weekend.
Y'all have a great day.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Got all loaded up yesterday and went to the track. I'll get some pictures today. Gotta a ton of room in the new hauler. That extra 4' of deck makes all the difference in the world. A lot easier to tie down. There is a major difference between a tag trailer and a gooseneck. There is no bouncing. It's as smooth as a babies butt. The only thing I gotta watch is the turns. Need to swing a little wider cause the pivot point is so much further forward. Over all I'm a happy camper.
Haven't been to Fontucky in over 2 years. Nice to be back there and see some friends that I only see at the track. Hope to turn on some win lights this weekend.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug Car

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, Floyd good luck this weekend and have some fun, and a big 10-4 on pulling a GN over a TA love them GN especially hauling cows not near as much riggling.......................... Double Thumbs up..............................

Hope everyone has a outstanding day and weekend........................ Wave...................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon Everyone;

Hey Floyd, hopin all goes well. Looking forward to seeing some photos of win lights.

Well, today was our move day. Moved the RV to another RV park a lot (25 miles) closer to the hospitals. The closer I get to the hospital, the fewer trips I have to make. Maybe one more move, and I won't have to go at all. That would be nice.

Anyway, yesterday, forecast to rain big time. No rain. Today, zero chance for rain, and you guessed it. It rains. Not a lot, but just enough to get everything muddy.

About 5 minutes down the road, I am cruising easy. Doing about 50 in a 55 zone. No one in front of me, and only Peg behind me. Going slightly down hill, and gradual curve to the right. Here comes a pick up the other way. (two lane highway). Now, for no reason what so ever, he turns left in front of me. No intersection, no side road, no driveway, nothing but a ditch and he turns in front of me and stops. Without giving it much thought, I swerve to the left and squeeze around him. The car that was behind him moved over to the shoulder giving me room to cross the center stripe.

Thinking if I had hit the other car, it would probably been my fault. Had I hit the truck, I might have got a new truck and RV out of the deal. The swerve was so hard, it tossed a lot of stuff around in the RV. Nothing broke, but it sure made a mess. That, along with the rain and mud, and it sure turned a easy move into a mess. Oh, and just for grins, all the traffic lights in the area were in flash, so traffic was backed up till Hell wouldn't have it.

Didn't discover it until we arrived here. Apparently, a bird had made a nest in the pin box on the RV. Had some young birds in there. Soon as we got here, the local cats took notice and now, there are no birds left in the pin box. I guess that is how the world works at times.

But, we are here. I will wait until tomorrow to finish getting things set up. Gonna hop in the car and find me a bottle of Tequila, a few limes, and a clean glass.......ok, clean glass not so important. Tequila will take care of any germs left over.

Off to the "happy store"

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, a good looking day shaping up here at the foot of the mt. hopefully we'll get some logs out today and make a good week out of it......................... Wink..............................

Floyd, hope your weekend was fun and you got to make some rds.............................. Car........................

Ken you home from the happy store yet......... Tongue.............hope you weekend was great..............................

And I want to thank all our service men and women, past and present for what you have done for us and for helping our country stay free............................ hug...............................

Ok Chuck did you get to race this weekend hopefully you got it all sorted out,sure hope everyone has a great day, and happy Memorial Day to all......................... Double Thumbs up..............................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Race #1 and #2 of the Fontucky Summit Series is in the books now. I stunk up the place with rd 1 losses both days. Marty kept the family pride alive by going 3 rds Saturday and 2 rds Sunday in his brand new '14 Ecoboost F150 Tremor pickup. 13.69 @ 99.98 best. He had fun.n He'll have that sucker in the 12's pretty soon if he can get rid of the wheel hop.
New trailer worked great. A lot easier to load and pulls like a dream. A little tuff getting into my driveway from a narrow street but I'll get the hang of it.
Y'all have a gooden. I gotta catch up with my naps.
Praying Angel hug