DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, another lovely day here in Cana, hope you all have a pleasant weekend............................ Wave...............................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Evening Everyone;

Hoping that everyone is doing well. I need to scroll back and check on things.

Been working on the car for about two weeks now. Not every day, and only a few hours a day, but we finally got it done.

Made a few passes last night, just to check things out. Everything is working great. Got things set up so that we can switch from box to no-box and back again quickly.

So, even though it is not of professional quality, it works for me. I am happy.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akam...65066477361836_n.jpg

Now, looking forward to some racing. I am still having a problem leaving about .1 too soon, so I need to figure that out, but it will happen.

Had a bit of a set back with the VA, but no big deal.....except I will be spending way too much time there in the next six weeks. But, other than a pain in the butt, it's all good.

Later

Ken Gasbarri

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DragnRat,

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Glad you're back out there Ken.

Got new wheels put on the trailer yesterday. It's a shame we had to fix Vintage Trailers screw up but it worked out good in the end. It's a lot of work changing 6 tires and wheels but it looks good.

What do y'all think?
Y'll have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, starting out nice here this morning................. Double Thumbs up........................................

Floyd those are some good looking wheels and tires and ain't it always the case these companies sell you a trailer and forget to do some things............... Banging Head.....................

Well I sure hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and hope your Monday is rosie as well......................... Wave..............................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Yeah, Mike, gotta watch for them things. None of the lugs were torqued, the gooseneck locking bolts were loose, the latch for the front door cover of the landing gear doesn't hold the door up. Little things that should have been done before it left the manufacturer. Pre ship inspection at Vintage needs some improvement. None of it is a deal breaker though.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
mornin yall . .easter was good here... but didnt have one single egg!...geez . .thanks for sayin mike! . .thats one fine rig ya got there mr.floyd!.. enjoy, you deserve it !
hope these few lines finds everyone doin great this mornin ..and im hoping anyone that was blessed to race this weekend get some killer hits!
i have got to burn-out of here and chase a dollar for a few hours .
yall have a great day and keep a happy thought! Razz

photo wao-painting-logo-1_zpse0a5ba9f.jpg

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Another beauty of a day here, after a beautiful weekend. I hope you all had as nice of an Easter as I did. My oldest brother and his family were in, and it's always a blast to see all of the nieces and nephews at once. And my older brother was in also, he's 6'6"... always funny to see my sister's youngest look waaaaay up at him. Pressure tested the Olds Thursday night, seemed ok, freeze plugs didn't leak. Got some more done on Friday before calling it a weekend for family time. Back at it tonight after work, getting closer.

Ken, glad to hear the car is working great now. Did you make it so the box is on a quick disconnect, essentially? I've know a couple guys who have done that. Have you tried any kind of blocker, to see just your side of the tree, or your 3rd amber? Sorry that you have to spend more time at the VA. I hope it's worth it.

Floyd, trailer wheels look real good. That's a bit frustrating, having to correct things you shouldn't have to correct. Happens too much anymore, especially with car/racing stuff. Glad it wasn't too much of a hassle.

Mike, I hope the yard work got done to mom's standards. Big Grin Glad you had a good Easter.

WAO, I can't even imagine what you parents go through, with the worrying and all. I think I do a lot as a big brother to my sisters, and uncle to my nieces and nephews. Real glad your daughter is with a good man.

Susie, has Mark been out again since Vegas?

Condolences going out to one of my best and longest time friends. Jim and I have been friends since 1st grade, and I was his best man 20 years ago. His dad passed away Friday, and he was a real good guy, WWII veteran, married 60+ years, 5 kids, bunch of grandkids. Also a little sad to hear country singer Kevin Sharp passed away, only 43. He beat cancer, and was a spokesman for Make A Wish. Praying Angel

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, just got back from taking mom for her left eye surgery and it all went well and now as soon as the blurry wears off she will be able to see as good as when she was a young gal, as long as moms happy and her remaining days here with us are bright and shiney everything else is outstanding......................... hug...........................

Ok nap time, we got out this morning at 5am and I'm ready for my morning and mid-day nap big time........................... Wave...........................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Everyone;

Well, things here are going well.

Mike; Nice to hear some good news about Mom. Hope she has many, many happy days ahead.

Chuck; I do have the box on Velcro so that I can removed it, or install it easy. I don't intend to swap back and forth very often, so will just use the terminal strip to manage the wiring.

I have a few days with not much to do, so Peg decided I need to keep busy and work in the yard moving all her plants and pots and such. She threatened to hire someone to rake the leaves, and she knows I ain't gonna let that happen, so I will be busy for a day or two. Or, maybe, just maybe, I will get hit by a bus and won't be able to work for a few days.......hey, it could happen.

Later

Ken Gasbarri

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DragnRat,

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Getting closer and closer on the Cutlass. Taking a break tonight to see Bruce Springsteen, first time I'll be seeing him live.

Mike, real glad to hear mom's surgery went well. Get a nap in for me too. Big Grin

Ken, that's good to have the option with the box. I don't envy you with the yard work. Maybe you can find a tall hedge to hide behind and sneak a nap in. Big Grin

You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, log boss called at 6:30 am this morning and needed a driver, man I was sleeping good, this may get to being like a normal job I may have to rethink my contract.............. Hum Tongue.......................

Ya'll have a great day I left some bisquits on the stove covered with the blue dish towel and bacon in the bowl beside it, you all will have to fry your on eggs this morning nothing worst than a cold dry egg, on a fluffy bisquit, well gotta go, gotta go, got to rodeo, this is what happens when I get woke up in the middle of a great dream, see ya'll atter while................................................ Wave......................................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Kinda cool and cloudy start to the day, really makes me want to take a nap, but I don't think I could that here, not if I want to continue getting a paycheck. Springsteen was awesome last night. Poor Karen was sitting between me and Bob, and had to deal with us singing along. He played for over 3 hours. My only disappointment is he didn't play my favorite, Thunder Road.

Mike, you should know better than to let me help myself to the bacon. Sorry, y'all. Big Grin But it's BACON! And I'm tired.

DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
i could sure take a nap rite now myself!... i understand naps can be habit forming though.

photo wao-painting-logo-1_zpse0a5ba9f.jpg

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks, it sure felt good sleeping a couple minutes longer this morning, and it was just a bit chilly when I kicked the covers off and by this afternoon I'll be down to short sleeves, this is my favorite time of year except for the allergies.................... help..............................

Well hope everyone has a perfect spring day and that the sun shines on your day............................... Wave................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Supposed to tick up a few degrees and hit the 60s today. Going into the garage and hopefully will have a good night, and be in a position to fire up tomorrow night. I'm hoping to make Saturday at PRP in the Cutlass.

Mike, I'm with you, I like the cool mornings and warm afternoons.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Have a great weekend, all! Hoping the weather cooperates for racing tomorrow. I think I should be firing up the Cutlass tonight.

Ice cream time!
Ice Cream

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon folks, been a busy morning for someone that don't have much to do, got up early and hit the road to do some running and finally just got back in now it's rainy and as soon as Manny gets home from school it's nap time for me.............. Sleep.................................

Chuck, hope you get the Olds cranked up and headed to the track tomorrow looks to be nice weather for it....................... Double Thumbs up................................

Hope everyone has a great weekend............................ Wave.................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good sat. morning Drr, if racing is involved in your weekend plans have fun and good luck to all.......................... Double Thumbs up..................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
A bit chilly and wet out here on the left coast.Rained pretty hard in the middle of the night but it was supposed to be just cloudy today. I looked out the window a bit ago and the cloudy was dripping off the roof.
Got nothin planned outside anyhow. Just going to figure out how to mount the winch in the trailer. Had Vintage put one of their under the floor mounts in and I guess I should of bought the winch from them installed. I can't quite figure out how it mounts. Their pictures leave a bit to be desired.
Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin again, y'all!
Sold my old '71 C20 pickup that had been sitting for 13 years. I wasn't going to finish it so I found someone that wanted a project. Here is what the driveway looked like after the truck left.

Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug