DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to all... A little chilly this weekend but the garage is heated so I'll do a little oil changing an car maintenance while I watch or listen to Arizona Nationals .

Floyd , In S/ST Greg Ventura on first qualifying hit goes .011 light and runs 10.902 on the 10.90.... you think he is ready ?

You All Have A Great Weekend.....

TGIF

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
J its 78 here right now and supposed to be 80 tomorrow----might get to T&T at Rockingham tomorrow if I can get loaded in time....only track other than MIR 350 mi away that sends me flyers on what is happening down there. Saw on the NC Motorsports Assoc that Piedmont and Carolina were now NHRA. Warm weather is good---nothing back yet on knee.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
Good Morning to all... A little chilly this weekend but the garage is heated so I'll do a little oil changing an car maintenance while I watch or listen to Arizona Nationals .

Floyd , In S/ST Greg Ventura on first qualifying hit goes .011 light and runs 10.902 on the 10.90.... you think he is ready ?

That is a good car. He built a big inch pump gas engine that he doesn't have to beat up to run the numb e and that light weight car reacts. I wish him well.
You All Have A Great Weekend.....

TGIF

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to tell Fern I had Lucky Wishbone for lunch....LOL

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You are hurting me Nick

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Sorry about that , someone was to keep them open
. Everything was great . Took a family pack to the hot rod shop, had a good time!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Howdy all, hope you all are having a good weekend. Warmed up into the 50s, wet, but don't have to shovel it. It looks like it will hang there for the week.

Thanks, Frank, was sore for a couple of days, but that all has pretty much all gone away. The insurance stuff has been a huge PITA. I think it's finally moving forward.

Floyd, yeah, VW Jetta. It was my sister's. I bought it from her when her family outgrew it. 15 years old, I put on about 15K miles a year on it, been a good car. I'm about positive age alone will have them total it; aside from that, I think it's twisted.

Nick, what is your definition of chilly out there? You're making me hungry with the Lucky Wishbone talk.

Fern, I hope you got loaded up in time to test. 5 weeks away for us. I'm good, change the oil and go.

You all have a great night.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hey Nick, Bryan was a tik -.004 in the final in stock. Can't say he wasn't trying. Don't want to take anything away from Jody though. He is one hell of a driver.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Floyd, -.004 be there done that , going against Jody in a final my plan would have been getting the light too. But congrats to Brian on the runner up!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern got lazy Chuck, didn't go. Plan is to go to Darlington next week (Sat) Rain here today but still warm. Later

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hey guys hope all is well. Been trying to kick this cold for the last week but it's still lingering. It's taking enough energy out of me to not do anything with the kitchen.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Support your local take-out.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All... dang a little chilly for SoCa this morning woke up to 46 degrees' that's cold for here , Right Floyd? High today only 60, shorts and t-shirt just will not do...

Floyd you are putting the hay hauler on the track this weekend right? If not I'm sure you'll still have a great time with all your buddies.

Everyone Have A Great Day.....

Weather

Just got a notice That Livestream will be carrying a live feed of March Meet at Bakersfield .....

clapping

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
All loaded up and ready to go. We leave as soon Marty gets here. Hay Hauler is sparkly clean and sounds great. Weather might be a problem but what the hell. Jeff has his motor home and we will park the truck under an EZup. Three of our group backed out so we will only have 4 cars. Wayne is running C/G and the rest of us are running H/R. They changed the schedule on us and first qualifying passes are today so we will miss the first one. Hopefully there will be 2 tomorrow so we can experiment. I would like to do good this weekend but I would also like to see just how fast the Hay Hauler is. This will be the best chance we will have. The track should be awesome fast.
I saw that notice about Livestream. Bang Shift will be there but they are charging $20. That's a first for them.
Y'all have a gooden.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Evenin' all. Happy March. We had a couple of nice sunny and warmer days this week, including 65 yesterday. It made for a good walk to get a milkshake. In like a lion though, rainy today, winds starting to gust, snow tonight. Insurance company picked up the car today, so we'll see what they offer me. It's a shame... my sister bought the car new, got married, had her family, loved seeing it stay in the family. I found a bunch of crayons under the seats.

Floyd, have a blast out at the Meet. Disappointing that BangShift is charging for the livestream. Man, Lang's wagon is sweet. Gonna let it eat one pass just to see?? Wink Big Grin

Fern, I hope you get to go this weekend. Nothing wrong with a little lazy on occasion.... I'm an expert in doing nothing. Big Grin

1258, miserable cold/flu season. I have friends that have had a hard time shaking the bugs this year. You know the drill, rest, plenty of fluids, etc.

Nick, 60* in February is shorts and tshirt weather over here. When are you racing again?

You all have a good night.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Chuck, already having fun just catching up with folkz. Tomorrow should be a blast.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Today didn't go very well. We got here about
1:00 yesterday and figured we would get the second run and maybe a third. They ran H/T twice Thursday morning so we didn't get any hits. Today it
rained till 11:00 so They said H/R was done got the day. So, we didn't even get on the track. Tomorrow doesn't look good cause it's supposed to rain pretty good all day. I guess we just pick our number and go for it. I raised the shift point to 6800 from 6400 so I'm figuring on a10.20 of 10.30. Won't tell us how fast we can go but it will cause some excitement. They are all used to seeing us run 10.60.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin y'all,
Today didn't go well either. It rained first half of the day so you know who got pushed back. First round For us is 8:00 in themorning. Since we don't know what it will do I mopped a 10.30 on the window and we will see.
Story to be continued tomorrow.
Thanks for listening.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Just got home from the March Meet. Terrible weekend. Rain Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
We lucked out and got t 2nd rd then couldn't run the number. Sportsman classes will finish tomorrow. We came home tonight. Gotta see Woody.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good morning to all! Weather in Arizona outstanding this week and we got the 10 and 20% chance on the big buck race at the track. I’m thinking I’m going out on Sunday depending on whether it’s one of those 10 gees to win it’s gonna be a tough one where is most those guys in there racing since Thursday when I get there on Sunday, but it’s my track and I’ll get one hit before illuminations , buybacks are a little pricey. But like I said if you don’t want to win big don’t bother paying big ......LOL

Floyd, March Meet weather really sucked!!!! Right

You all have a great day