DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,had a fun sat. at the Farm,Mannie and myself seen alot of old friends and met some of the Drr crowd had a large time................. Smile..........................

Got a late start today and was having to rush up a little this morning to get to the woundcare center,but made it on time,the dr.was a little late today,so all was good the foot is looking better and seems to be healing,since I've been staying off of it and since they fixed me a new shoe for awhile,maybe not much longer before I'm back to somewhat normal................... Hum Tongue............................

Prayers all around and I hope ya'll have a great day.................. Praying hug Wave......................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Cooling off here this week, I'll take it! We had gremlins in the left lane Saturday, ended up needing parts for it, so racing had to be called. Bummer, but we still hung out, fired up the grill, and had a nice little crowd telling stories and jokes. Big mix of laughing mostly, with some real moments in there, like when BJ, who has been working at the track for the past 2 seasons, told us how he'd been shot and blown up, along with other stories, in Afghanistan. Made me appreciate all over all that the service men and women do for us. You all have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! If'n I'm opening the diner, then it's sweet tea and kielbasa for everyone! Tongue The 2003 bracket finals at Norwalk, me and my buddy were really on a thin budget. We stayed at the track, cooked out every day. Kielbasa was on sale, so that was breakfast along with lunch, dinner, whatever.

Hoping everyone is good out there. We're cooled off this week, thankfully, and I'm hoping we get nice weather for Saturday, for the memorial race for Nikki and Mark.

Mouse, I missed the Shark Week shows last night. Were they any good? I have to remember to tape tonight's, especially the one "Adrift:47 days with sharks", about 2 WWII pilots who survive a crash into the sea for 47 days in a raft.

You all have a good day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good evening ya'll,Chuck ain't sure what that k-word is,but a big boy like myself don't turn down something different,and with sweet tea,I'll take two........... Tongue......................

Got off to a rough slow start for a tues.so I'm going to act like this day did'nt happen, Hum......sometimes I believe ifn you can't get your day going in the right direction,you should just be able to forget about it and start anew tomorrow,in my case I just tare to much stuff up,if I try and push water,it always beats me.............. Confused...............I know where'd the water comment come from,see what I mean.............. Wink.............................

One thing I'm sure of this day is it's pretty here and I hope your's is prutty too,and prayers to all my friends................ Praying Wave............................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone. I'm still alive and kicking, just very distracted and busy.

Mike, happy to hear that mom is doing better and your foot is getting better. Like everyone has said, you need to take care of yourself so you can take care of mom. I'm sure hoping Mannie has a great year in school and I know he will enjoy his fooseball.

Ken, sorry to hear about the hand and foot, hopefully the Drs will be able to do something about that. You have such an amazing attitude and wonderful sense of humor, you are an inspiration. That grand baby of yours is absolutely beautiful.

Chuck, sounds like you had a wonderful vacation with you family. You are so fortunate to be so close to them, not everyone is lucky enough to have that. Prayers to the family of the racer who passed away.

Michelle, you & Rick have done a wonderful job of raising your kids. Kids aren't born knowing good sportmanship and compassion, that is something they learn from the adults around them. Happy Anniversary.

Floyd, so sorry I missed you when you came up to Sacramento to race. We went to a party at Mark Simonians in Fresno that weekend, so we weren't able to make it out to the track. Hopefully we will see you at the ET Finals in Bakersfield. Good luck this weekend at Pomona, we will be racing in Sonoma.

WA, I hope things are picking up for you. Being self-employed is definitely not easy sometimes. Glad to hear that the girls are doing well.

Ok, what have I been up to, well I've been busy scrambling like WA trying to get more work so haven't been on DRR for quite awhile. You guys had added 4 pages since I was on here last. We raced at Sacramento this last Saturday in 105 degree weather and for some reason the Olds just loves the heat. She ran her dial with a number 4 straight rounds and Mark won the race on a double break out. Mark broke out by 2 thou and the other guy broke out by 2 hun. I'm thinking this was like the 6th or 7th final he's been to at Sacramento this year. Didn't think we would do this well, after the amazing year we had last year.
We are in our 5th day of over 100 degree weather, that wouldn't be so bad, but there are 4 big fires burning all around us so the valley is filled with smoke. No breeze to blow it out and it is just sitting on top of us, kinda making it hard to breathe. Welcome to summer in California. My daughter and son-in-law are going to be here for a visit in 23 more days and I can't wait to see them. Haven't seen them since last Thanksgiving, which is too long to go without seeing your only child. God I will be glad when we can finally move the heck out of here.

Well my friends have a wonderful day and this is definitely a great day for ice gream. Ice Cream

Hugs and prayers to all of you. hug Praying
Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Hope everyone is doing well. Ya got a ways to go Mike, but hang in there.

We are at our "cottage" up near San Antonio. Should be getting back on the juice today. The hand and foot thing has got much better, so now I can't tell if its "hand and foot", "Neuropathy", or the artritis that is bothering me. What ever it is, it ain't that bad, so I can deal with it. Good thing is the appointment isn't until 12:30 pm. That gives us lots of time to stop at Jim's resturant and I have every intention of eating the "Texas size french toast, two eggs, over easy, and BACON. Not even close to being on my diet, but what the Hell, no racing this weekend, I can pack on a pound or two.

Other than that, I bought a old three wheel golf cart for $150.00. had to put another $250.00 in to it, including two batteries, but now I have a decent running golf cart that can tow the car when needed. We had to push the car back from the staging lanes last time, and both Peg's and my butts were draggin, and I don't mean the race kind of draggin.

Anyway, glad to hear from you again Susie. I really don't have a good attitude. Peg says I ain't smart enough to know when I should be worried. She says I could fall off the Sears Tower, and half way down, I would still think "so far, so good". She is wrong. I would never go up in the Sears Tower. A 6 foot step ladder is about my limit.

Well, coffee is ready, so Ya'll be of Good Cheer!!!

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,Ken I'm with you there's always a wayout or a chance till you hear a load tump............. Eyes Hum No No Tongue..............and I'm like you on heights,don't want to be to high off the ground without my two back wheels touching the ground................. Car...................................

The foot is looking better and the heat has come down some,could spell working on the race car time.........woohoo............need a nap first just thinking about it has wore me out.............. Sleep.................

Susie,good to hear from you,and good ya'll are having such a good year racing,nothing like winning,ya'll stay safe from the smoke and fires out your way................. hug....................

Alright you fine bunch of folks,ya'll have a bigger than life fine time today and prayers to all ya'll,and the coffee is good this morning Ken,and I've got the tenderlion ready and the eggs are about done,and ding the oven dinger just went off for the bisquits,so come and get it................. Ice Cream Praying hug Wave..............................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! We're in a cool stretch here, little rain yesterday, maybe some more Friday. I hope you in the hot spots cool off.

Susie, great to hear from you. Gotta love the Oldsmobubbles and their consistency!! Congrats! I hope the fires go out soon for you all. I hope the clock doesn't tick backwards as you wait for your daughter and son in law.

Ken, you're making me hungry! Good to hear the hand and foot thing is better.

Mike, we need more jam for the biscuits. Big Grin Michelle, don't look at me like that. Tongue

My niece's birthday today, my sister's oldest, 9. Seems like just yesterday I held her for the first time. Good stuff.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of dragdavis36
posted Hide Post
Good morning from The Last Frontier everyone back home!! Its been awhile since I stopped by to say hi! I'm still alive and well... took a vacation and backpacked/camped down to the Kenai last month... in Denali and stayed in Seward.. went kayaking in Resurrection Bay (just wish I had the $$ to do some Halibut fishing but I did get to have some fresh from the Bay Halibut on the fire on the beach!). The summer weather is holding out ... even though summer is coming to an end for us. My physical fitness test for the Alaska State Troopers is on Friday... with my medical setbacks early this summer, I am barely up to meeting the minimums but its a 200% improvement from 2 months ago so if I fail, thats OK - I'll just reapply in a couple months for the Fall 2013 academy. Wish me luck, guys!

Hope everyone is doing well! It'll be bracket finals before ya know it! I sure miss my racing!! Hope your mom is doing better, Mike - and your foot.

Posts: 719 | Location: AK | Registered: April 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
Finally woke up on time this morning.
We've finally gotten a little relief from the heat we've been having. Now we just need some rain.
I have an MRI scheduled for tomorrow morning, so this is my Friday.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,good luck with your mri tomorrow Mouse hope you get some answers on that knee trouble,seems we are having another outbreak of knee,foot illness lately,maybe we'll all turn the curve before to long....................

Christina,good to hear from you and good luck with the State Troppers job,hope it works out for you and thanks for thinking of Mom and me,sounds like you have been busy...............see ya later...............

Hey Chuck, Wave.........................

Floyd,you have fun at Pomona,and stay cool while Marty races the Hay Hauler.............. Car.............

Ken,Michelle,Susie,WO,and the rest of the crowd have a good day see ya'll around,and prayers sent where prayers are needed................ Praying hug Wave...............................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Beauty of a day here, sunny and waerm, low humidity. Looking forward to a good crowd at PRP tonight for the test n tune, where I'll be on the mic, and this Saturday for the memorial race for Nikki and Mark, where I'll be trying to bump up the points ladder. It looks like we'll have a really nice day for the race, all the activities for the kids, and the bake sale (yummmm!!!).

Michelle, happy anniversary! 25 years, that is great. You and Rick are so awesome together, and great role models for your kids. Though I have to say... Rick kinda looked like Billy Ray Cyrus, before Billy Ray Cyrus looked like Billy Ray Cyrus! Tongue Laughing

Christina, good luck with the state trooper job. That sounds like an awesome time, camping and kayaking, and gotta love fresh caught fish.

Mouse, good luck with the MRI. I hope this one solves your knee issues.

Good time last night. My sister brought her 4 over to my parents, who have my nephews this week. We sang happy birthday to my niece, and I got to hold my 3 week old nephew for the first time. Good stuff. You all have a great day!

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
that is too funny Chuck, thanks to you guys for the anniversary wishes, yesterday was just like any other day but not, 25 years seems amazing to me, doesn't seem possible. Rick with the dark hair & curls in the back, me with the Cigi...good stuff to remember all those crazy things.

I truly appreciate the kind words from you guys, means a lot and Susie so great to hear from you, hoping those fires don't get to close to you guys.

prayers all around, hope you all have a good night!

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,somebody watch the bacon for me,and there's more eggs in friged,and got somemore strawberry preserves,so oh yea watch the bisquits to,got to go to my diabetic app.at 9something am............... Wink.............

Ya'll have at it and prayers all around,see ya'll in a bit................... Praying Wave..................................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin 'all!
We were headed to the track yesterday when I got a call from my sister that mom is in the hospital. She wasn't feeling good so she called the paramedics for a ride to the hospital. She has a blood clot but they think it can be taken care of quickly.
The good news is she's finally decided that maybe it's time for her to move into a assisted care place. She don't get around very well anymore so she shouldn't be on her own. I've been telling her that for the last few years but she wouldn't listen. Now we gotta find a place we can afford.
It was hot out at the track. We are running Quick Street which is a 64 car field for door cars only. Ran into a buddy in the teck line with his A/gas '63 corvette. He's running QS too. Won't that be fun to run our 10'60 hay hauler against a 7'60 a gasser. He's never run a sportsman tree so it should be fun.
Goin out for the test and tune in a couple of hours and then check on mom to make sure she gets home okay.
You all have a gooden. Praying Praying hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF!! Getting some rain today, but it's supposed to move out this afternoon, and we're looking at a really nice day tomorrow for the Nikki and Mark race.

That's all great stuff, Michelle! I only got to take a quick look at FB this week, my pc at home is dead. I want to check out the Chevys! I saw a '55 wagon in there!

Mike, I got the bacon, but for some reason, it's shrinking real fast, none is making it to the platter for everyone else. Big Grin How is mom doing, and how was Mannie's first week at school?

Floyd, I hope mom is doing ok. Good luck with finding a good place for her. I know you all want the best for her. Is the Vette the red/candy red one? Good luck to you guys this weekend, on and off the track.

Tomorrow will be 3 years since Nikki went to heaven ... I still don't want to believe it. I can't even imagine how Karen and Bob feel.
F ox
U ncle
C harlie
KING hate cancer. But tomorrow will be a fun, celebrating Nikki and Mark's lives. I know there will be many of you there in spirit. So, tomorrow especially, get some ice cream, and hug the people you love.
Ice Cream Ice Cream hug hug

hug for you all

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Mom went home yesterday evening. She's feeling much better after her ambulance ride fix. I forgot to ask if they turned on the siren for her.
Yeah, Chuck, it's the candy red corvette. Marty wants to get Jimmy first round. He's never run a sportsman tree and we'll see if he can wait for 4 seconds nwatchin us go down the lane.
Back out to the heat today. Two qualifiers this morning and eliminations start at 1:00.
Y'all have a gooden! Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Thinking of Nikki Angel I remember this day, my heart still aches for Bob, Karen, Ashley & everyone who knew such a beautiful, special little girl. You made a huge impact on the world Nikki xoxo <3

Good news about Mom Floyd, go get it done today!! We are trying to head to zmax, Madi not feeling well so we'll decide in the next little bit...prayers all around.

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks,Floyd glad your Mom feels better,and ya'll have fun out there today,and be safe........................

Michelle sure hope Madi gets to feeling better,and ya'll have fun at Z-max,they moved Mike Hutchens PTRA race back to Mooresville that was supposed to be there today,Mannie and I could'nt come anyway,I've almost got this foot better,but still need to stay off of it for a few more weeks,days,who knows,ya'll be safe......................................

Chuck,Moms doing some better,but still weak her BP is staying real low,they can't figure out why and we have another cancer(which I hate too)app.monday so we'll check in on whats going on there..................................

Prayers all around and hope ya'lls weekend is great,see ya'll tomorrow............... Praying hug Wave........................................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin 'all!
Racin in 100# plus heat is tuff on a old man. It's tuff on race cars too. The track was slippery, the da was over 4500, a bad crash in outlaw 10.5, driver walked away, a few broken motors, but we still had a good time.
We wound up 45th in the 64 car field with a 10.72, #1 is 7.57 so we're in the show.
Gotta stop and get lot's of ice and water on the way in this mornin. Goin to be another hot one.
Y'all have a gooden. Smile from the oven here on the left coast.
Praying Angel hug