DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 ... 784
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all, over center day. I want a nap. Sleep

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Morning all;

Hope everyone is doing well. Mike, wishing the best for your Mom. Oh, and your feet too.

Gonna go get the car today and install the new harness and do the final tweaking before we go to the track next Wednesday.

Well, off to it.

Ya'll be of Good Cheer!!

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
Pretty sure this is my Friday. As hot as it's been, i'm thinking i'll have anal glaucoma tomorrow. Just can't see my a$$ going to work.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good morning all;

Hope you day is gonna be a good one. I don't see it being good for me. They have gone too far this time, and now I must take action. At best, their lives will be disrupted, and maybe even with a loss of some of their members.

The ants have been draging bird seed across our lawn, from under the bird feeder, about 60 feeet to their nests (industrioust little *******s). But now, they have gone too far. I have the mat that I park the car on when I am working on it down in the yard, and those little *******s drove a trail of bird seed from one side to the other.

I was willing to live and let live, but no longer. THEY WILL PAY

ok, ya'll be of Good Cheer!!!

Ken Gasbarri

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning ya'll,sitting in the waiting room at the hospitial waiting on moms surgery to get done,they're unhooking the wire from the top of her heart this morning,hoping this will make her heart stronger,so we can get after the cancer sooner than later.

Ken,thanks for asking about the foot,it's still staying sore and continues to drain so I don't know what they are going to do with it,hoping I don't lose anymore of my foot.

Chuck,Mannies leg is looking good it seems to be healing up fine ,he's been in a football camp all week having a fine and hot old time,getting ready for the Steelers..................... Wink...............................

Thanks for the continuing prayers and prayers sent to you all,hope ya'lls day is full of smiles................. Praying hug Wave..........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Big time stormy start in the wee hours this AM, boomers and lightning galore. Supposed to be some more coming through later today too. I hope the farmers get rain they can use.

Mouse, that will be me after tomorrow, week's vacation, and I don't want to even think about work.

Ken, take no prisoners.

Mike, continued prayers for mom and you. Good to hear about Mannie's leg. I hope he's having fun in camp. The Steelers report today, by the way. For the first time in 20 years, it is sharing the day's news spotlight with the Pirates.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang,still at the horsepitial as Guy used to say,Mom is having another surgrey done this morning,during the one yesterday the found a wire from her pacemaker that has been hooked up in the wrong place since 2002,and they did'nt know till yesterday when they where in doing the other procedure,so they are going to try and put a new wire in this morning which should help her alot they say and where praying they are right............. Praying..............

Spent the night in a pullout bed type of chair need my bed............ Sleep.....................

Prayers to all you fine folks,we'll check in afterwhile........................ Praying Wave............................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Mike; I do admire you spending the night at the hospital. Damn uncomfortable, and really not much you can do for the old gal, except be there for her. She is blessed to have such a Son.

Bummer about that wire. But, maybe that explains some of the problems she has had, and maybe things will get better. At least we can hope so.

Well, the race car is 100% ready to go. All that is left is to drag it to the track and unload it. Thinking I will take one last look before I make a pass, but I've already checked everything three times, so expecting that will go smoothly.

Alrighty then, ya'll be of Good Cheer!!!

Ken Gasbarri

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF x eleventy billion! I am on vacation and NC bound after the work day is complete. Just looking forward to being off and spending the time with my family at the beach.

Mike, I'm glad the docs found the wire, and I really hope it helps mom out a bunch. Continued prayers for her, and your foot, and for you to get a night in your own bed.

Starling Marte, Pirates rookie OF they just called up, hits the first pitch he sees in the majors for a dinger. Nice start! Last night was the 1 year anniversary of the ump's hugely botched call in the 19th against the @#$% Braves, which started the skid for the Pirates. Hoping there is no skid this year and they can chase the Reds down for the division crown!

You all have a good weekend!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
Mike, I hope that does help your mom. It certainly cannot hurt. Hopre your foot is getting better also. Prayers for you both.
Chuck, have a great vacation.
I haven't decided yet if I'm going to go racing tomorrow or not. Between this heat and this knee of mine, just not sure. Any chances of a top ten points finish are shot, so I don't know.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Monin Y'all!
Kinda quiet out here on the left coast. Just been workin and chillin.
Mikey, you know I got your back, Pal. hang in there.
Ken, can't nut and bolt it too many times. Good luck.
Chuck, don't step on no jelly fish. Have fun at the beach.
I know what you mean about the heat, Mouse. It beats the crap out of us as we get older. My boy wants to go to this NMCA race at Pomona in a couple of weeks so I said you pay the entry and you drive the truck. I'll just go and watch. I'll find a cool motor home to relax in.
Y'all have a gooden. hug to all the ladies.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All;

Hopin' everyone is doing good. Mike, how's the feet? Hope Mom is improving.

Well, I went and did it again. Messing around with a practice tree software program. Peg happened to notice, and thought it was a bit silly. While she was watching, I did a .275 (hey, I was distracted). She thinks she can beat that time. So, like a dumb ass, I let her try. An hour later, I tried to get my laptop back and almost lost my head. She mentioned something about "***** slapping me into the middle of next week". This is one mean and nasty lady. Can't wait until "RaceIQ's" practice tree comes out for ipads.

OK, ya'll be of Good Cheer!!!!

Ken Gasbarri

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
OK, where is everyone?? Hope everyone is doing well. Mike, how you doin? How's Mom?

Well we made the tow up to San Antonio today. Everything was going smooth, but I was worried that everything seems peachy, so I pulled off at a truck stop, and don't ya know it, picked up a piece of tubing in one of the trailer tires. Heard it when it happened, and was right there, so did a quick change and was on the way. If I hadn't of stopped, I would never have picked up that tubing, and had a trouble free run. But, a few miles up the road, there was a roll over accident. Had we not stopped, we would have been a lot closer to being there when it happened, and maybe worse, so I'am happy.

Now, a day at the VA, a day of rest and relaxation, and then it is TRACK TIME!!!! Getting excited.

Well, ya'll be of Good Cheer!!!

Ken Gasbarro

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
I'm here Ken, finally getting a chance to stop in...hey gang, home from Bristol and the conference finals...proud of the kids Adiayn lost going .004 red 3rd round in the 8-9 yr class, he is something else, a true natural when it comes to racing. Madi got one of those life lessons, as she was prestaged, the other jr broke a chain as the Dad was pulling her in, they let him back her up, turn it off, fix the chain, crank her back then stage all while Madi sat in prestage and I tried to get them to pull her back & let us run at the end but they didn't see me. Told me to see if Dad wanted to do the right thing & rerun, he didn't. They had same bulb but Madi was 15#'s above because she was hot. She was on the line with Adiayn next morning for second round telling him how proud she was of him, she is such a good sportsman and it happens, sometimes life just isn't fair & the sooner you figure that one out the better off you are.
Adiayn got a red 2nd round, I had talked to him about lifting so I asked did you see the red? "yea Mom I saw my win light blinking" I said so if you saw she went red you know you didn't have to lift we could've got a time run. " yea Mom but my win light was blinking and I didn't want it to go off"...those are the moments you keep forever...

Mike, let us know how Mom is..hope your foot is good! you too Floyd, when's the due date? Chuck, can we come visit at the beach?? hope you all have a grt Sunday night!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MsFurr,

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang.
Hope everyone had a great weekend and is doing well.
Monday has showed it's nasty head again.
Prayers for all.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good evening ya'll,been a busy few days my other laptop laid down and the one I'm on now is super slow,so just been so wrapped up,had'nt had time to do much typing.

Moms on the mend,her second procedure was alot harder on her than the first one on thru.and the one on fri.had to have a cut over her heart,they really was affraid to put her to sleep,so they just numbed her up real good and gave her a kinda of a sleep med.that has made her really forgetful and really sleep alot,but today she started getting back to herself.
Hopefully this is going to make her heart stronger and we can proceed to work on her cancer issues.

And Ken as for my foot,it's really giving me a fit,supposed to stay off it but have been having to take care of mom and just living is making it heal real slow,going in the morning to try and be fitted with a special brace or something to get some weight off the spot,and thank all of you my friends for asking about me and mom.

Try to get more on track the next few days and get back to normal times,prayers to you all my friends and we'll see ya'll in the morning.............. Praying hug Wave................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Mike;

I know you need to take care of your Mom, but if you go down because of your foot, you're no use to her, or yourself. Just sayin', take care of that foot. Don't let it get out of hand. Mom needs you. And it is good to hear she is improving a bit. Every bit helps.

Good luck, wishing you the best.

Ms. Furr;

I've been to a number of Jr. events, and sometimes it is really difficult to understand how some parents treat not only the other parents, racers, but even their own kids. Yelling and screaming at the kid like he just red lighted out of a National Event. I wanted to get our Grandaughter involved, but there was no way I would not go off on some of those people if they got nasty with my baby girl. Just have to wait and see if she is still interested in racing after she discovers boys, and shopping. Well, she already discovered shopping, and thinks boys are just victims of her willey ways.

&quot;you talkin to me;quot<BR><BR><BR><BR>photo is a few years old, but it is still my favorite. shows her personnality<BR><BR>And be of Good Cheer!!<BR><BR>Ken Gasbarri<p></p><i>This message has been edited. Last edited by: <a href=DragnRat,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
Glad to hear your mom is doing better Mike, and like Ken said, you need to take care of yourself also.
The forecast around here is starting to soundmlike a bad broken record. Another day close to 110. I don't mind summer time, but this heat is just ridiculous.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Everyone;

It is still morning here. Hope everyone is doing well. Seems everyone is busy, so that is good.

Well, the BIG day is here. My first pass down a drag strip in almost two years. Just a couple T-N-T passes, but hoping things go well, and I can enter an actual race on Saturday.

Might have overdone it last night. Had to make room in the fridge, so had a half water melon, a jar of pickled herring, about a lb. of bing cherries, and a couple bowls of Peg's "toxic waste" chili. Had some distress over night, but I am coming out of it. Ain't eatin nuttin till we get back from the track. Ain't taking no chances.

Well, ya'll be of Good Cheer!!!!

Ken Gasbarri

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good evening all;

We just got back from the track. Made three passes. Had to shut off first two. Car was really squirrely. Guess I wasn't familar with the water box, and didn't get a good burn out. Car kept trying to cross the center line.

Third pass, had Peg come down and spot me in the box, and I got a decent burnout. Full pass with a .012 RT, but the 60' was off at 1.40. Ran a 9.71, but the car was a bit squirrely again, but was able to stay in it all the way down. This was with a bolt under the throttle, and a soft track. This was a T-N-T, and I am told that they don't prep the track at all on such occasions. Don't know if that is true, but I didn't see any prep being done the entire evening.

Going out again Friday to make a couple passes just for track time. Again, I am told they will not prep on Friday, but will do a good job on Saturday for the bracket races. We shall see.

So, every part of my decreped old body is sore or in need of rest, so I am going to bed.

Be of Good Cheer

Ken Gasbarri