DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning to All.. It's Thursday , Right... Went for a little breakfast this morning here in SoCa and was watching the news. Cute little girl was talk it was going to be cold here, "high of only 59 degrees" OMG then the picture changed to Portland then Cleveland. Then it showed east coast teens and below , me thinking the whole time "59 degrees" LOL...

Camaroracer, I hope your dad can make the spilt screen App happen, LOL.... Hope your App works out and you make Millions, I would love to say "I know a millionaire "

Chuck, I have to picked and choose races from January to April as there is a race every week with a few being 2 and 3 day events. I have given up chasing points , less stress chasing the cash...Hahaha As far as maintenance I feel like I do it pretty good, just keeping putting a little aside for spares. I have a extra motor manifold to pan now sitting for 2 years and I'm real close it enough cash for a spare tranny and converter saved....

Well that's about it, Have a Great Day To All....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Was looking for something and ran across this , look halfway down the page , did my heart good...

http://www.nhradiv7.com/apcm/t...leid=69154&zoneid=16

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Chasing points is good for the people that don't like to travel to other tracks much. But I think most have given up to chase the money events.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF! Still cold here, about 5* when I left the house. Wind is supposed to have died down, might hit 20 today. Going to be messing in the wee hours into tomorrow morning, freezing rain before we get the heat wave. I might have to wait to go across the street for breakfast.

J, I gotcha. I want to get to that point too, have a spare engine ready to go. I'm close to enough pieces for it. Then it's money and time for the machine work. That is awesome that Div 7 named the award for Guy.

1258, I'd say it's more about budget than not liking to travel. I race points in 2 classes, and not worried if I miss a day for whatever reason. Qualifying for bracket finals and doing well in the points is nice, but I want to win races, even if it's through the reentry round.

Mike posted on FB yesterday that he fell. He broke his leg above the knee, and is going to be in a wheelchair for a spell. I'll post more once I see. I wish he could get a little good luck his way.

It's that time again, even if it is 5*. You all have a great weekend!
Ice Cream Ice Cream

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Guys.... Here in SoCa been raining since yesterday around 4:00, Not a heavy rain should have said drizzle. Last night had the last Christmas party and I'm burned out HOHOHO... I think its sad that so many employees look at the party as a chore and many don't even show up... We all have choices but when your employer is handing out gifts and bonuses you would think they would show a little appreciation!!!1 Merry Christmas to all....The misfit that I am, always wonder why they keep me on , guess they like something about they way I do my job.... Hahaha

This weekend going to be short as I'm working Saturday , really don't have much to do sit around the garage watching football having a couple of beers (the wife still thinks I'm working on the car)leaving a bunch of tools laying around and spraying a little brake clean into the air helps throw her off... As soon as she see's that going on she off to the stores for more shopping, I'm still paying the price ... Eyes

Hope you all stay warm , and Have a great weekend....

Chuck, Eat some Ice Cream for me big guy, Doc said no sugar for me.... Ice Cream

DANG.... Chuck just treed me!!!! crying

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
Y'all have a good one.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Wacky weather weekend here. 5* Friday morning, 20s in the day, freezing rain in the wee and early hours Saturday morning, then just rain, then into the 50s Saturday night, before falling back into the 20s. Back to normal 30s this week. Had a lot of fun yesterday at my parents, baking cut out cookies with my nieces and nephew while my sister shopped, then decorated my parents tree. The good stuff.

J, gifts and bonuses would make me show up at a work Christmas party, if that's where they were being given out. Man, no sugar, how do you get through the holidays???

Mouse, good to see you stopping in.

Update on Mike. The leg he broke was his left, which had the lower portion amputated previously. Given where the break is, he had the upper portion amputated as well. That was done, and was headed home this morning.

You all have a great day.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If it wasn't for bad luck Big Mike wouldn't have any---Man has a lot of courage. Hope everyone contributed to his getting the power chair. Chuck you tell Mike that Fern can't come see him on face book--he needs to stop by here.

Posts: 6217 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
It's starting to warm up a little here in SoCal. We are going to be in the 70's for a couple of days before the rain comes in Friday and Saturday.
I'm all set for Christmas except for my 95 year old mother. I haven't the foggiest idea what to get her. She is in a home takes good care of her and gives her everything she needs. I'd get her something she could share with her other inmates except she's kinda selfish in her own way. I only have a couple of days.
Merry Christmas to all. Praying Angel hug Christmas

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike is a strong guy it sounds like.

Fern and Chuck hope you both are doing well. Keep warm Chuck.

Nothing new to report here. I started dabbling into some of the app development going through something online.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks 1258--COLD! Old bones don't like it cold. Floyd its hard to get things for people that need nothing. Flowers are good for adults---kids?, I give up as some have 2 of everything. Paid one property tax yesterday, got 2 more to pay. I hate taxes! Everyone have a good day

Posts: 6217 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Brrrrrisk again this morning. The older I get, the colder the cold feels. Supposed to get into the upper 30s. I hope so. Sun is out now, looks good at least.

Fern, I agree, that's a lot he's been dealing with, just with health. Add in the rest of life, and he for sure has his hands full. I'll give him a reminder to pop in here.

Floyd, I know that feeling of being stuck for ideas. Are you cooking? If you are, you can send my piece of prime rib to Mike.

1258, is your daughter excited for Christmas? Got all of Toys R Us wrapped up and in the house? Big Grin

Mouse, any plans on the S10?

You all have a great day!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning guy's.. Looks like I'm the last one to key in today, woke up to a warm 47 degrees this morning and will warm to 73 . Spent most the time this weekend cleaning last years races of the undercarriage. I bought some M/T's back in October think to replace my old ones, but as I was cleaning under the car checked the wear holes and still have 40% left one these. Tires are over 2 years and 1 month old with more than 220 hits on them, I notice my burnouts have to be "right on" where as when new it did not really matter. My 60s have slowed by 8 thou but still consistent , so I feel like running then for a couple more months. Any opinions here?
Just noticed you guys of east may warm up next week to the 50s, that will be mixed with rain.

Have a Great Day to All ..... I still have not done any Xmas shopping .... LOL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
RED get on that Christmas shopping haha. I don't have any experience with slicks so couldn't tell you anything with that.

Chuck my wife did all the Christmas shopping before the baby and has wrapped everything up since. I got my wife some gifts but need to wrap them.

I bought some Disney on Ice tickets for next Monday. She's going to love it. She loves the Disney characters.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Fern just can't get in the spirit since Mama isn't here.....maybe next year. So much frost outside in the fields it looks like snow and cold. Looks like IHRA got kicked out of Bradenton making the Fla winter race go to PBIR......might as well be in Cuba. You all have a good day and think of Big Mike

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day! Balmy out this morning, 28. Looks like it is warming up some, which suits my gas bill just fine.

J, you make more a lot power than I do, so it's hard to say. My personal opinion, until the 60' starts to vary/spin, or the tread depth goes away, keep 'em on. On slicks, I got a lot of tread life, but the weight of the Cutlass shortened the sidewall life, and 60' would move .02ish back and forth.

1258, my friends just took their kids to Disney on Ice, they absolutely loved it. I'm sure your daughter will too.

Fern, I can't imagine. I know I miss my grandma, aunts, and uncles that have passed, especially at Christmas time. Thinking of you, my friend.

I posted on Mike's FB, told him we're thinking about him, and that Fern said to stop in here.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
HEY GOOD MORNING!!! Hump day is here and I'm already for the weekend and Christmas and all the fun that goes with it... had some rain last night so it keep the temperature a warm 50s , today should go to 66 with high clouds. Christmas will be the coldest day this week about 54 and the night low in the high 30s...

Chuck, When I used Goodyear's the side walls would be gone after 100 hits. The M/T side walls look great after 220 hits. I swap them side to side at around 30 hits which I was advised by M/T...and me losing .008 in my 60 ft. is not a huge concern at long as I'm consistent, I just do not know how much more I can run them. Dec. 31st and Jan. 1st I have a hangover event, hope they hold up.... LOL.... Hate wasting entry fee's ..... No No

Everyone have a Great day.... Mike we are thinking about you.. Praying

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I'm ready to be off next week. If I can get all the dominoes to line up and get the Cutlass home Saturday. Monday is supposed to be in the 50s, so it would be a good day to pull the trans.

J, with the Hangover event, I would be tempted to swap to new tires then. Like you said, hate to waste entry fees. It's frustrating enough to do it at a weekly bracket points race, but it would be 1000x worse in a big money race.

Mike said thanks to everyone for the concern, and he'll be stopping in here, put some biscuits and tea out for him. Big Grin

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Good Morning how we all doing... Its been raining in SoCa most of yesterday, last night and just started back up again.. Also heard this been raining out in the southwest desert , good thing about that is the overnight temp was in the high 50s....

Chuck , after reading your post I called my tire mounting guy so to get the new slicks on.
After all I got two years of racing on them and that works in for me....

Mike if you see this, sorry buddy I just had your biscuits and gravy ..... And my I say they where GREAT... Hurry and get better!

Everyone have a Great Day....Be Good Santa is Watching..... Eyes