DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning gang.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Morning!

Mike, she is on a prayer list at my sister's church. Sending prayers from my heart!! Praying

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Back to the grind, yay.

Weekend did not go as planned at all. Changed the oil, which always slows me down at first, but I also wasn't up on the converter as I should have been in the Thursday time trial. Dialed for what I thought I missed in the 60', drew a sweet mid 80s procharged Cutlass dialed 9.26. I was .015 to her .035, but picked up way more than I thought, she was coming at me fast, 140mph or so, I dumped out 4mph, but broke out by more. Picked up a cold over the weekend, maybe from the rain Thursday and Friday. Saturday, round 1 of the main event, chasing a 12.97 car, shifted to second, and the engine just revved. Pedaled for a second, but knew I was done. Felt like sprag, we'll see, back at the trans shop now. Team PRP took second place, that hurt too. First time since 2006 we lost it on the track. Oh well. I know there are plenty of worse things in life, and I'll be fine.

Hope you all are doing well! Nicole, pulling for the Cards in these last 2 games!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
so sad to hear about the Mom, a very bad situation & the kids will hurt the most I'm sure...praying for all of them.

chin up Chuck, you are the man! hug to you & Floyd & all the gang!

hope you guys have a wonderful day...

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey gang,just got in from hauling a load of junk cars,hoping to haul another one tomorrow,still raining on and off,I'm going to need to bushog instead of mowing if it don't let up,it will in time................

thanks for the prayers for my cousin's daughter,she holding her own and going to be a slow go getting back to normal,if that will be possible,and Michelle you're so right about her being a Mom,those to young kids,have to be lost without Mom,I'm like the rest,I will keep my personal feeling to myself,and only say,why can't folks figure out they need to grow up........Thanks again for the prayers....................... Praying hug................................

Prayers all around and here's hoping your day is a good one...................... Praying Wave...................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck the Cards had a good chance last night and just couldn't do it Frown I hope they can... but gonna be tough with only 2 games left... keep your fingers crossed Smile I caught that cold too and it sure does stink boooo... Frown

Oh well it coul be worse so on ward we go!!

Have a great tuesday gang....

Praying hug Praying hug

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 415 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone. Mike, so sorry to hear about your cousins daughter. I'm praying for her to make a full recovery.

Chuck, sorry to hear about the Oldsmobubble, but the most important thing is did you have fun?

Well 18 more hours and we are on the road to Vegas. So sad that the Olds won't be making the trip with us, she did a great job this year getting Mark to 2 championships. So glad that we have such great friends that are willing to loan us a car so we can still race.

I will try to check in from Vegas, you all take care and be safe. Floyd see you soon.

Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Hi Susie,
I'm not going to make it. Got a serious family emergency and I have to stay here.
Sorry. crying

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Oh Floyd I am so sorry to hear that, I was really looking forward to finally meeting you in person. I hope the emergency works out okay, I will keep you in my prayers.
Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
It's hump day, we're almost through this week.
Y'all have a good one, and prayers for all.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Morning!

Floyd, I hope everything turns out well for your family.

Mike, still praying!

Chuck, I have been fighting a cold, sinus too! Eat chicken soup and feel better!!!

Nicole, Susie, Mouse, and everyone, have a wonderful day!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Morning Gang cough has gotten the best of me crying

Floyd, sending ya a little prayer for your emergency....

Chuck did you see those Cards I hope the win tonight and the Braves lose... just saying Wink

Susie good luck in Las Vegas I love that track!!!

Mouse that Gad it is hump day...

Mike hope all is good...... Big Grin

Christine sorry you are fightin this junk too... Scott is sendin me to Doc today cough so hard can't breath crying not good!

Hugs and Prayers all hug Praying hug Praying

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 415 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Thanks Everybody.
You all have heard me talk about my best buddy, Chewy. He is having a serious heart problem. He made it though last nite comfortably and they are getting his breathing stabalized. I know he's only a dog but he has been my constant companion and room mate since I lost Diane 11 years ago so he is very important to me. I'm just not ready to let him go. crying Praying

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day!

Susie, good luck at the finals! I hope Mark gets the Wally! Be safe and have a blast!

Nicole, I conked out, but I'm glad the Cards won! After what the Braves did in '92 to the Pirates, I am happy to root against them!

Christine, soup has been the call. I think I need mom's though. It is medicinal.

Floyd, we all know, he's family. Prayers that he makes it through good and strong. Praying

One of the great things about bracket finals is meeting up with folks from DRR. You all may remember BobJ, who passed away almost a year ago. I got to meet his son, Bob Jr, and tell him in person how highly I thought of his dad, and I'm glad to say Bob Jr is a chip off the block.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Hey gang,checking in a little late today,got back around 10:30am this morning from hauling junk cars again,done till next week,went in the house,made a few ph.calls and fail off to sleep with Tipsey,our new Jack russell and chi cross,sweetest little gal,she sleeps up around my neck,kinda like she would sleep with mom,Mannie lets her sleep in his bed,and she is great,she has helped Mannie bunches,even his Dr. agrees,and see's the difference.
I tell you all this to say I'm getting old and cannot go 150 mi.round trip without being tried,and to say Floyd I understand you loving Chewy like family,it's only been 1 month since Tipsey came to leave with us and after seeing what she has done for Mannie,my heart really hurts for you,I'll be saying prayers for You and Chewy.................. Praying........................

Mannie played his second fooseball game lastnight and scored three TD and 7 sacks,the Tigers won by 3 TD,he's really Blessed to play ball..................................

Nicole,Chuck hope ya'll get to feeling better ASAP,I hate the coughing thing,when you get old like me,it makes other things happen,when you cough hard, Eyes Red Face Tongue............I know TMI,oh well......................... Big Grin..........................

Susie good luck to ya'll at the BF's I will be rooting for ya'll here in Cana........ Car.............................

Prayers to you all,and hope ya'll have fine Wed.or whats left of it......................... Praying hug...............................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Well, hoping, everyone is good, getting better, or can at least see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I don't see me spending lots of time on the internet for awhile. Ol' what's her name......aka Peg has discovered FACEBOOK. She is having fun, and still has no idea what she is doing. AND, she hasn't discovered all the games and stuff. I just may need to buy my own laptop. Maybe not.

Anyway, talked to the Doctor today. Things are getting better, but still have a ways to go. Looks like I will be doing chemo for the foreseeable future. I suppose this is good, all things considered, but I sure would like to get my life back for awhile.

As things stand, I don't see Tennessee in my immediate future. I am working on spending the Winter in Texas, and the Summer (race season) in Denver. I can transfer my chemo appointments to Denver while I am there. That plus I have a pretty good support network in place in the area for the race car. We have family in Denver, and have a RV park where we can spend a lot of time for free. That was the biggest stumbling block with Tennessee. We just can't get a VA hospital, and an affordable RV park anywhere near each other. With all the drag strips in state, that wasn't an issue. So, we are putting Tennessee on the back burner for now. We are still looking to make a quick pass through the state just to see if there are any "best kept secret" RV parks in or near Johnson City.

Well, better get the Hell off here. Peg is getting all antsy for the keyboard.

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin, Y'all!
Just got back from visitin Chewy for the second time today. He's lookin better and they are trying to figure a remedy for the fluid in his lungs. Apperently the fluid in the lungs put too much pressure on his heart trying to pump to the lungs and darned near did him in. He's still in a oxygen cage but they are going to give him some solid food tonite and start weaning him off the oxygen. If he keeps the food down and can handle being off the oxygen and they figure out the medication I can bring him home tomorrow.
He was so happy to see me and it broke my heart having to leave him there. I miss that spoiled little shyt and I'm going to spoil him some more when I get him home.
I want to thank everybody for the kind thoughts for my little buddy and me. I can't wait till tomorrow.
Praying Angel hug to all my friends out here in DRR land. I'mm sorry to miss the ET finals but Chewy is worth more than a drag race.

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
sending lots of love & hugs to our buddy Chewy, feel better soon!! hope you guys are chillin together tomorrow Floyd hug sending prayers to all of you, hope you all feel better soon...those colds are the worst Nicole, get some good meds & feel better! wtg Mannie, sounds like he has found his thing..good job! be safe traveing Susie & bring home hardware! Chuck, you are the man. Hope everything goes well Ken...miss you Ma B!!

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Thanks Michelle. hug

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
Looks like this is my Friday, so that's good news for me.
Prayers to all my friends here, and their 4 legged friends also.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing