DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning gang,congrats Bruce and Ellen,glad you stopped by to let us celebrate with ya'll,and Ken,I saw on another post,you all maybe coming toward Tenn.on you move,maybe to Bristol,thats not to far from Cana,we'll be neighbors.............. Big Grin...................

Rainy week here,looks like I'll be in the mud alot,or in the camper on the puter,hope everybody had a great weekend and prayers to all,and have as gooder day as possible............................... Praying hug Wave...................................................................

Did'nt know this when I first posted this morning,but we here in Cana had a tornado touch down lastnight,it took a convenience store out on Hwy52,the major damage was the store and some farm equip.across the road,the main thing was no one was hurt,I try to find humor in everything,and when I heard no one was injuried,I thought a funny would be ok,I had a Dentist app.this morning at 8am,I thought how funny it would be to do news interveiw,with a fat nub bottom lip,bubbering,Iba sab thb wh@b thinb....................... Big Grin............................

Mike Hutchens called to see if I was up a tree,I told him I did't hear or see a thing,and ifn I had gotting to the root cellar,I would'nt had been able to get out yet,that where we keep the quality H2o................... Busted Ice Cream...................................

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Hawks,

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! I know it's Tuesday, but it's got that Monday feel to it. Been cloudy and raining since Sunday, cooled things off a bunch here. We needed it. Saturday I think was the hottest I'd ever felt at a racetrack, and that includes Bristol. The newly redone transmission was great, I just didn't hold up my end, red in the semis. Spent all day Sunday cleaning up the apartment, and got a lot done. Yesterday, I made sure that couch didn't get any thoughts of moving, and watched the US Nats.

Good to see you in Ken. Thoughts and prayers for you, that you are making progress when you get scanned on the 12th.

Bruce, happy belated to you and Ellen! Congrats! I don't know how you deal with that heat. I hope watching the race and relaxing won yesterday. Big Grin

Hi Mike! Wave I hope Aunt Barb is feeling better. How are Mannie and Mom? How are you?

Michelle, I couldn't find results anywhere, could only see your post about the final, but no ideer what happened?? Doesn't matter, we all know YOU ROCK!

WAO, good to see you too, and great that you know your limits. Might have been the hard way, but you did it, and we're glad that you did.

Susie, hope all went well this weekend. Was Mark in the Camaro again?

Mouse, great that you were back in the S10. Keep knocking that driver rust off, and you'll be in the winner's circle in no time!

Floyd, do you mail to go orders? Big Grin Figure you and Chewy had to have eaten well this weekend.

You all have a great day! Angel

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Gonna be a hot one in SoCal this week. Summer finally got here. Glad I'm not racin.
Mike, I'll take our tremblors over you tornadoes anyday.
Yeah Chuck, Chewy and I did pretty good all weekend. BBQ ribs saint louis style and rottiserie chicken. We'll be eatin leftovers all week. Might have to do some more of those ribs though. I normally do mine wet but I tried them with a dry rub and they was purty good with beans.
Y'all have a gooden. Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Mornin Gang!

Well it does feel like Monday boo........

We did not race this weekend either.... Got a few things caught up, watched the BSU game... GO Broncos.... Smile Did a little shopping.... and relaxed....

It has been raining here but not complaining it has been much needed and has cooled things off.... Now if those tornados just stay away from here.......... those things scare me bad!!

Hope ya'll have a great short week.........

Praying hug Praying hug

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 415 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning folks.
It's already Humpday, that's cool.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Howdy,enough said, Banging Head.........
Prayers to you all,and say one for me,getting a rough start,somedays it just ain't worth it............................ Mad.......................................

That would be anything.....................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Over center day!

Mike, you got it. Just keep swinging away. We say it all the time in our pit, if we're going down, we're going down swinging, not laying over and accepting defeat. And think of the old Wet Willy song, Keep On Smilin'

Little rainy, little cool here today. Hoping the weather clears up for Friday and Saturday so we can race. You all have a great day!

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
It's another nice cool morning here in Northeast Okla.
Y'all have a great day.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning gang,kinda cool here this morning Mouse,56 at 7:03,love it,falls a coming......... Smile........................

Chuck,thanks for asking about the family,Aunt Barb's just laying there,not to good,her COPD is big time strong,prayers really needed for her............ Praying..................
Mom,she's having a hard time with the season change,between her author.and heart,she needs our prayers also, Praying....................
As for Mannie he's actually doing pretty good right now,been making it to school,without to much trouble,got his second full week award for school,that being a new puppy,Tipsy,a JRuss,Chi.cross,shes sweet as can be,it has seemed to make him seem calm,hopefully it will continue........... Praying hug..........................
And for me,yesterday was rough,but overall been ok,thanks for understanding my short remarks yesterday,I don't care much for me on those days,even the special coffee don't help,but thankfully I feel better today,Praise the Lord.............. Praying hug........................

Ok enough about me hope all you folks are fine and hope your Thursday is the best Thursday ever,prayers to all of you and we'll see ya'll in a bit........................ Praying hug Wave...........................................

DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Good Mornin' ladies and gents;

Well, this morning was a bit different. I woke up about the usual time, but it was strange. I could not feel my body. It wasn't numb, just didn't have any sensory input. Wasn't warm, wasn't cool, no iches, aches, or pains. I couldn't even tell if the sheet was on or off. My eyes were closed, and just stayed that way. Felt as if I would have to make an effort to open them. Also, no sound. I could hear my eyebrows growing. I must have layed there for well over an hour until Hal's water heater next door kicked in. I was worried for awhile that I had been kid napped by aliens, but no such luck. Finally, the skylight got my attention, and had no choice but to open'em and get the day underway.

Maybe it is my new meds. Went up to San Antonio yesterday for my normal chemo treatment, but they were out of one of the drugs, so now instead of having a pump attached for three days, I have pills to take for two weeks. 1800 mg of pills twice a day. Not sure what of if there will be any change in the side effects. Same meds, just different delivery. But, the good thing is, I don't have to drive back up to San Antonio after two days to have the pump removed. Over a six week period, that will save us about $500.00. That is a lot of race fuel with a few chili cheese dogs throwed in.

So far, other than the wake up thing, no impact. Hopefully, it stays that way. Ol' what's her name has a whole new list with my name on it.

Doing some serious thinking of relocating to the area around Bristol. Talk to some folk up there, and they sure seem like nice people. Number of tracks in the area, the VA hospital at Jackson City should be able to do my treatments, and the cost of living seems good. Really looking forward to making a trip up there after the first of the month to check things out, up close and personal.

Well, bent your ears enough for this year, let ya go for now. Have a safe and fun day, and................

BE OF GOOD CHEER!!!

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Ken,you know every once and a while,I'll wake up kinda feeling that way,and I must say it really feels good not to hurt,just lay and feel nothing,for the last 35 yrs.I wake up though the night hurting so I know how wonderful it feels not too,only thing is,sometimes I wonder,when that happens if the good Lord came though in the middle of the night and called my number,and I won't be mad about that either.

Sorry to jump in on your thought there,but I always wondered if that only happened to me,have a wonderful day,and Bristol is a good place,like I said the other day we will partically be neighbors............... Big Grin........................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Friday for me, woo hoo! Went to the Pirate game last night with AJ and Brianna, heard someone calling my name, turn around, and a section up was Bob, Karen, and her sister Lorraine. Bob and I were texting lines from Major League all game. Comeback win, good stuff.

Hi Mike! Wave Prayers for mom and Aunt Barb. Great to hear about Mannie, Praying the good news continues. Glad you're feeling more like Mike today too.

Ken, I sure hope the honey do list isn't too bad. I've gone to the World Footbrake Challenge at Bristol the last 3 years now. Mostly we're sleeping and racing, so we don't get to really check out the area, but I like what I've seen as we tow in and out. The folks at Bristol Dragway/Thunder Valley are for sure nice people. And now you have me thinking of chili cheese dogs. Big Grin

Michelle, saw the results on IHRA.com, but don't know the front end or dials. Awesome job on the runner up, that big W is getting closer and closer!!

You all have a great day! hug

Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Morning Gang!!!!

Ken, I am praying for ya Praying And I love TN, I live near Nashville but I can't imagine it will be a ton different in Bristol people are great!!!!!!!!!

Mike praying for your Aunt and Mom and so glad Mannie has settled in.... and puppies are always good for us Tongue

Well I got an email from my Aunt this am saying my cousin got staff infection and has been in the hospital 2 times and is having a hard time so please send up a pray for him.... Praying

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!!

Praying hug Praying hug

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 415 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Damn it, Damn it Damn it. I am so angry. Within the hour, I have received news that my cousin Larry passed away this morning. (about the time I was laying in bed enjoying the peace).

He didn't even know he was sick (liver cancer) until he was at my other cousin's (Bob) funeral. That was just a few weeks ago.

They were fairly healthy, and I was the one with heaslth "issues".

We were all going to get together and do some drag racing with my car, deep sea fishing with larry's boat, and Bob's contribution was to find new and different ways for us three to get in trouble. That was his strong suit. Couldn't light up our Moms, but we could surely annoy the wives for a day or two. Now that won't happen.

I am stunned, and I am angry. This one is going to take awhile. We should have got together early this year, but I put it off until I had a better feel for this chemo stuff. should not have done that. Damn it.

Well, I am gonna have a drink and try to come to grips with this

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Real sorry to hear this, Ken
Thoughts and prayers are with you.
Praying

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this Ken. I lost a friend of 41 years to a heart attack last Friday. I will keep you in my prayers.

Prayers all around, it sounds like we all need them today.

Hugs & Prayers hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone.
Prayers for all.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Looks like the hot spell will break this weekend. If I had any gumption I'd get the hay hauler down off the jack stands and go to the PSCA race this weekend. Could probably use the practice before Vegas. We'll see, it's early.
Everybody have a gooden. hug to all the ladies and Mikey.
Praying Angel hug

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone,looking good around this part of town,kinda like these fall feeling mornings,just got back from hauling a load of junk cars to the scrap yard,good trip,only one nearly flat tire,going to fix it in a while after my nap,got up at 4:30,old guys like me need a nap after getting up early....................... Big Grin....................

Prayers to you all my friends and have as gooder day as possible,and we'll catch up after while.................. Praying hugto you to Floyd........... Smile........................

And prayers to you Ken and your family.................... Praying...........................

DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
alls well here , had a decent week -but nothin to jump up and down about!..crazy thing ,that ole gal that quit on me is tryin' to surface...i'm like ,what the...? hate to break it to her...the spot has been filled! ..lol.. and besides..how would i tell, christina,hiedi,mary,cindy,becky,lammy,linda,debra,kelly,beverly,..and my favorite:susie442? Hum

i aint girl crazy ,just blessed! Big Grin

hope ya'll have a great weekend and good luck to those racing!

hope i aint keepin you up ,mike
sorry about your loss, ken
Wave,chuck
Wave,floyd,your naps must be contagious
Wave,nicole
Wave,michelle
Wave,mouse

think of you often susie baby!, tell mark hey for me!

ya'll keep yer chin up and a happy thought!...glad ya'll got to read me!...Allen111

photo wao-painting-logo-1_zpse0a5ba9f.jpg

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post