DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 785
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning guys and gals,been busy hauling steel and watermelons,love to be busy,it would be nice to spread it out............... Banging Head............but it's ok,you got to make hay while the sunshines.............. Big Grin.........................

Hey Chuck WaveMannie and I,really like Jason A.would love to see him in concert,maybe sometime........... Smile...............

Prayers to you all my friends,and Nicole,that was a nice thing Megan did,I said it before,you and Scott got some good kids,to many kids out today looking for handouts,that are able to work,but want it gave to them,Good job Megan................. hug..................

Where you at Floyd................ Hum..........................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Another lazy weekend. I gotta do something about this, I'm getting real good at doin nuthin. Big Grin
Reading about Mikey and his watermelons makes me want to do some ribs or fried chicken. What do you suppose that means? Hum
Come on Chewy, we gotta go to the store. big idea
hug to all the ladies and Mikey. No, I didn't forget about you WA.
Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4819 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Hi gang, overcast & nice at the rock, grt passes. Rick not so great, laying on the trlr floor now...prayers appreciated. There's a guy selling 30 some watermelons......nah..just kidding mike, give Mannie a hug for us, hope school is going good.

Thoughts to each of u...happy sat!!

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good sunday morning to you all,looking good this morning,it's a great day to be alive,but honestly,I'm tried of the heat,just trying to stay positive,good job Country,good job,that what I call myself,when I'm talking to myself,one sided conversations.......... Hum Sleep.........................

OK prayers to you all and be safe coming home from racing today,been alot of wrecks in the mt.lately(I-77)so take it easy,lots of travelers................ Praying hug........................

LOL Michelle,the funny thing about that bin of 35 melons,we ain't found it yet,it's became the great msytery of Cana,Va.everybody's looking,and it don't matter the cost,it's just where is it, Hum Big Grin.................
Good luck down at the Rock today,remember one run at a time,and tell Rick I'm praying for him................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning gang,running behind,catch back up after bit,prayers to you all my friends,have the best day ever.................. Praying hug..............................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Good Morning gang, thanks for the prayers...we appreciate each one of them. Great weekend racing, it was nice to be making laps in both cars again...still in with 3 left in TD when the rain came, rescheduled to Darlington, we were going to the coast that weekend guess someone had other plans...you know you have your priorities straight when you really have to think about it though...had a simply fantastic weekend with the kids, we all went to the Lawrence's dinner/party, good times!

Congrats Nicole & Scott, good job Megan, thoughts & prayers gang...Ma B, Floyd hug, Mike, Allen, Susie, Dennis and the newbies, and my pal Chuck.

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Morning Gang!!!!

Well I survived my hecktic week....... Exahusted but did it!!! Sleep

Know there is so much to get caught up on Frown

Good job Michelle..... too bad you dont get to finish it Frown But hangin with the kids it always fun Tongue

Hope everyone had a great weekend and has a better week!!!

Praying hug Praying hug

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 415 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Awesome weekend. Pirate game Friday night with my buddy, his fiancee, and his uncle. The Nikki and Mark Memorial race had some tears on Saturday, and I'm wishing I would have done a better job on the mic, but there was an awful lot of fun, laughs, and hugs. Made it 6th rd/semis before going .015 red. Bob and Markie were both driving great, and I thought for sure they were going to meet in the final, but they fell just short, Bob in the 6th, I think Markie in the 7th/semis. Yesterday, my parents' church dedicated the mass to my parents for their 50th anniversary, and we had over 100 people for a party and dinner. Good stuff.

Gone all weekend, my home pc is messed up, so I'm not sure if anyone started a thread yesterday... happy anniversary Nicole and Scott!

Hi Mike! Wave I might of had some of the missing watermelon, but did my best to make the evidence impossible to find. Big Grin

Woo hoo Michelle! It's coming! They're just making you wait some more for it! I hope Rick is feeling ok.

Floyd, if you cook up some chicken and ribs, send me some! Big Grin

Howdy all, Mouse, WAO, Susie, everyone!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
hey chuck,floyd,mike,michelle,ma,mouse,christine,and susie baby!..things been good here -just still chasin' a dollar!..and the ladies...lol. they both seem to be outrunnin' me!..looks like a storm may be workin'it's way up our east coast ,so hold on bednar ,paul ,tubez, flduck and you guys a little closer than me. got the safe resto. job goin' ,a chevelle ss in the shop, just all kinds of stuff movin' around!hope this finds all my friends doin' well and blessed!btw: floyd, the ribs and bbq chicken with mikes mellons sound like a home-run..athough a dark imagineing ,no dought!...lol glad ya'll got to read me ...Allen...

photo wao-painting-logo-1_zpse0a5ba9f.jpg

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of DragnRat
posted Hide Post
Well, don't know that I've posted here before. Maybe a while ago, but not sure.

Anyway, I have had one AWESOME two weeks.

Started by spending two whole days with my Grand daughter, then spent the night at Bandimere Speedway with our old Mercedes C-320. (2002) Spent time with many old friends and had some laughs. Discovered a new way to lose a bracket race. RTs were trash with the car, so decided to try deep staging. Had "Deep" on the windshield, but guess that don't mean much. I waited a long time for the other car to lite his top bulb, and then was creeping slowly through the "stage" light when the tree started down. I was rolling when I launched, and eventually broke out by .011 while on the brakes. No big deal. This is more a social event than a drag race, so we all had fun.

Spent Monday and Tuesday chasing parts and installing an oil accumalater, on the Malibu. Although I spent a lot of time chasing parts and tools, it actually went well.

Tuesday, the AC compressor went out on the car, so took it to the dealer on Wednesday morning (Ol' what's her name loves her AC) It took them pretty much the entire morning to decide it was indeed the compressor, and discover the closest one was in Houston. Of course, as things normally go for us, there is not a rental car available in town. Seems a few conventions and such are in full bloom, and I might get a car on Thursday. Finally, just before noon, another customer brought her loaner back early, and we were able to get back on the road. Getting back on the road was actually getting my sorry butt back up to Bandimere to get in line for the Super Chevy Show "stack". Stacking wasn't suppose to start until 6:00 pm. I was there at 11:45 am, and was 17th in line for the Stack gate. I was happy with that number. Spent Wednesday and Thursday nights in line (stacked) and about 15 minuters after the gates opened at 9:00 am Friday morning, I was sitting in the exact pit space I wanted.

To make a long story a bit shorter, I have been looking forward to this week since I missed the Super Chevy Show last year. I was hoping things would go well, but I was wrong. Things were awesome. We had a awesome time. The staff of SCS, and Bandimere were on top of their game, and everything went great. Add to that, we had our Grand Daughter spend the week end with us. She was great, the track was great, saw a lot of old friends, met some new friends, and even discovered two more ways to lose a drag race.

Left the track late Sunday afternoon, and by the time we got to our Daughter's house, I was barely able to walk. I was totallly exhausted, but it was a happy exhausted. I was seriously thinking of giving the car up if things didn't go well, but now, I'am signing up for a couple more years.

Right now, we are at a motel in Canyon, Texas, on our way to the VA hospital in San Antonio. Have to start my chemo first thing Wednesday morning. The docs gave me a 10 day break. Hopefully, things are still good, and maybe by next Spring, I will be able to get a full season of racing in at Bandimere. We shall see.

Ken Gasbarri

Ya'll Be Of Good Cheer!!!

Posts: 511 | Location: Full time RVing | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
well ken ,i'm sure i can speek for the rest of the regulars!....make yerself at home !..mike runs this freak show so i'm sure he'll tell ya the rules...lol.. you gotta mention everyones name when you post! .....lol

Posts: 338 | Location: chiefland fl. | Registered: March 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Shoot yea Ken you're welcome here,I really don't run the place,and they are no rules,I don't think,but WO keeps us all straight,lol,well he try's to keep us and himself straight........................

Anyways I enjoyed the story and come on back anytime,and we'll be praying for you while you're having your treatments,and I like the Location on you posts,I live in a RV full time and love it,looking to get me a newer model motorhome,would like a toterhome(but I'm old enough to know my wants won't hurt me),have a good evening Ken......................

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning gang,58 degrees here this morning at 6:45,alright feels good,God is good,got alot to do this day,pray for us and Mannie as we continue our quest for answers to help adjust back to school,yesterday was the first full day back in 9 months,thank God,so proud of his teary eyed effort............ hug Praying...................

Allright all you hard working titans of the daily grid(I just have a way with words,huh)lol,lets get at it and prayers to you all my friends and I hope it's the bestest day you ever had,don't know how many more I have left and really don't care,so I'm going to get ahold of the tale of the eagle(hope it ain't a buzzard)and fly free and happy all day long(man whats in this cup of coffee)have at it friends.................... hug Praying Big Grin.....................................

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! My Bucs split a real doubleheader with the Brewers yesterday, hoping they can take the next 2 here, before they go play the Cards in St. Louis.

Pretty sure you've popped in a time or two, Ken, and it's real good to have you back. Great to hear you had an awesome weekend. Prayers for you as you start the next round of chemo. Please let us know how you're doing.

WAO, good to see you're doing well. Prayers for all you down that way as Irene gets closer. Some scary stuff, looks like she may be packing a big punch.

Hi Mike! Wave I'm with you on the nice cool evenings and mornings. Just about perfect weather! Way to go Mannie, keep on trying, never give up! Gotta say Mike, I am wondering what was in the coffee this morning, and did the whole diner get it, or was that your personal stash (of coffee!)? Big Grin

Forgot to mention, I put some pics up on Bob's thread from the memorial race.

Everyone have a great day!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
good morning DRR! Smile

Posts: 1 | Location: Lanes | Registered: August 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good Morning everyone. Welcome to the family Ken & Racerm.

Sorry I haven't been on much lately, but some stuff has been going on with a couple of my clients and I'm just trying to get a handle on it all. It is so sad to see people you love losing their health and knowing they don't have a lot of time left.

As most of you know Mark won the track championship at both Sacramento & Infineon, woo hoo. Unfortunately the motor decided it was done racing and blew to smithereens as soon as he locked the championship at Infineon. We are not really in a position to build a new motor right now, so Thank God for our wonderful friends. Within hours of the motor blowing, our great friend Dennis Paz called to offer us the use of his 83 Camaro which has won quite a few races. Mark will be testing it at the final points race on Labor Day in preparation for the ET Finals. Dennis was not the only one, we had two other friends offer us the use of their cars also, plus friends offering parts and such. What a wonderful family we have.

Hey did any of you feel the earthquake that hit Virginia just a few minutes ago. I bet that scared the doo doo out of a lot of people.

Chuck, glad you had a good time with the family for your parents anniversary. Michelle, hang in there girl a win is right around the corner. Mike, you & Mannie are in my prayers.
Floyd, are you going to be at the ET Finals in Vegas? Mouse, stay cool and take care of that knee. Ken, good luck with the treatments, I will keep you in my prayers.
Wave Christine, Nicole & everyone else.

Ha Ha got you WA. Sounds like you are really busy right now, hopefully keeping you out of trouble. Just remember what I tell you about stopping and smelling the roses. Ice Cream

Hugs & Prayers all around. hug Praying

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Yes we felt it Susie, crazy weird, I grabbed the dog..lol I was on the phone with a guy in Va Beach, 8 hrs away so I thought this might be time to go home.

I think we will go to Darlington to finish the race, kinda crazy not to, 2 runs left for another Man.

welcome newbies, prayers all around...

FurrRacing.com

Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Hi Gang!! Well we finally did it after 3+ years of living in TN we are gonna fall break in FL.......... Kids are way excited!!!!!! The best part is my Mom is coming all the way from OR to spend it with us!!!! I miss family so now it will be hard to wait help

Welcome Ken it is nice to see you had a great couple weeks and Praying praying for ya with your roundof Chemo........

and Hey Wave racerm..........

miss the rest of yall........

Praying hug Praying hug

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 415 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
looks like this is turnin' into good night DRR....wait wrong tread!...guess my schedule is out 180.!...prayers as always for you and mannie there mike! bless his heart. i can relate to grabbin' the hair of the dog michelle!..thanks for the shout out mr. chuck!..yer a fine and strong man ken!..hold on tight !..prayers sent!..always nice to be remembered floyd, hope this aint wakin' you up...geez! gonna start callin' you rip!..racerm? there's a new one, welcome,dont be a stranger than me!..alls well down here ,i;m just kinda confused about which gal to give my attn. too!..guess i'll have to be the usual nice guy and pick??......uuuumm ...oh! i know!..all of 'em!! lmao.. hope yer doin' good mouse ,Gods still on the throne!.. so with all that said ,guess i'm gone for now...luv ya'll..Allen

btw: you aint got nothin susie baby! just my heart!(hope mark aint got yer password) lol nite,nichole.

DRR Pro
Picture of W.A.O. 111
posted Hide Post
hey chuck,..forgot to tell ya! got alaina-bug some meds. this weekend and told her you said it was medicine!...she looked at me like a monkey doin' a math problem!

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]