DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 786
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning,naw in my case Michelle,misery is better left alone,and believe me,I know I'm not good company right now,so the other side of the puter is a good place to be,hopefully it'll get better soon,or maybe not,I think it's to much thinking and not enough doing,but can't be doing,because of knees and other crap,so dispare sits in,so if you are confussed,join the club,me too............ Confused Hum Sleep.....................that's the best for me when I'm under the gray funk............. Sleep Sleep..............................................

Ok enough gloom,go gettem Floyd,and Guy come on back we need ya,and prayers to Guy and Jami,bless her heart,I know how she feels,missing my Dad big time,when I would get in the funk,when he was here,he would have just the right thing to say,and then leave me be,till I got out of the funk,man I need my Dad,so all I can do is try to remember what he would say and maybe that'll help,Sorry there I went again...............................

Ya'll have a big ol' gooden and prayers to all my friends.................................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF to the millionth degree! Whatta week...

Prayers for Guy and his family. Praying C'mon Guy, I want to get to Los Dos with you whenever I make it to AZ!

Hi Mike! Wave I hear ya... I'm a bear too when I get in a mood. If I was close by, I'd bring a couple longnecks over and we could sip 'em and not say anything, 'cept maybe a toast to your dad.

Hey Michelle, still trying to get a minute and catch up.

PRP closed up early for the season, bums me out, we were scheduled to have a slow index race that is a lot of fun. Oh well, time to build for next season.

You all have a good weekend. That goes to you lurkers out there too. Big Grin You know who you are. Smile

Time for ice cream too Ice Cream Ice Cream

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
It looks like alot of life is going on with most all of us, so i'm thinking a big group hug, and a small prayer is in order.
Lord, i ask that you please give us comfort, and strength. Amen.
See y'all later.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good morning everyone. I'm here to cheer you all up. I want you to imagine a 59 year old woman doing a very bad tap dance while she sings the Chattanooga Choo Choo. I wish I was there to perform for you in person, it always gets a big laugh from even the most depressed person in the room. I have found I have a real talent for making a fool of myself, but if it gets a laugh what the heck.

Only 2 more weeks till we go to Tennessee and I can't wait. Must admit I am getting pretty nervous about the flight, I'm not a very good flier. But not to worry, I will just take an anxiety pill and a good stiff drink before I get on the plane and I will be just fine.

Mike, give Mannie a big ole hug and the world will look a whole lot better. Kids make life so much better, and I can't wait to hug mine. As George Strait says in the song "It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away." We all have busy lives, that don't always go right, but we have to make sure not to miss the little things that make it so worthwhile.

Love and prayers to you all, especially Guy and Jami and family.

Have a happy day!!
Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good morning ya'll,Susie you're right,sometimes it's the small things in our lives that we overlook,and Mannie ain't no small thing,but sometimes he's the bestest meds.of all,I smiled thinking about the dance,and what a good heart that must be beating in there,to love to cheer folks up,got to be able to laugh,best med.in the world,so thanks,plus you got Mark,I bet you laugh everyday alot, Winkcould'nt resist Homegrown,love you guys............. Big Grin..................................

Prayers still being prayed for Guy,and family,and for Aunt Barb,and my Mom,she's not doing the best,but trying,so prayers to all in need,and we'll catch up afterwhile................................................

Hey Wave Chuck,thanks for the long-neck,and you're a good friend,Thanks................... Smile...........................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Morning! It's a sad weekend. PRP lost yet another fellow racer, great guy. Tom Jones,48, was killed in an auto accident early morning on Friday. Tom will be missed! God speed!

Sending prayers of comfort. Sending prayers of healing to Guy and prayers for strength for Jami, Guy's wife and his family!

Life is way too short, hug a friend. And always say, "I love you!" God give us all comfort! Praying hug Angel Angel Angel

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning you all,cold here this morning,I mean,it's get your attention cold,bur,but it's going to be ok,buried Uncle Richard yesterday,he was only 60 yrs.old and I never thought about him only being 9 yrs.older than me,but he's at rest now,he'd been in pretty bad shape for a long while........... Angel hug Praying........................................

Hope ya'll have a good Sunday and get some rest for Monday's acoming,prayers for Guy and family and for Floyd to get home safely from racing,and to all in need,we'll catch up afterwhile.........................................................

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Good Morning everyone, Happy Sunday. Hey Mike I've been looking at the weather in your neck of the woods and you're right it is downright cold. Bundle up and stay warm. It is raining and chilly here (can't really say cold, considering what you all are dealing with). I'm thinking this is a good day to stay inside, watch a little Nascar and a little football. Party

From Jami's last post, it sounds like Guy might be turning a corner, prayers for their whole family and everyone else. Praying

As far as me having a big heart, I just try to live my life the way my dad did. He was a great man, never met a stranger and was always helping people out. He was very loved by a lot of people and always had a smile on his face. I lost him way too soon, but I would have rather had him for the short time I did, than anyone else for a lifetime.

And on that note, I will wish everyone a very Happy Sunday. Keep smiling and don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Susie

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
25 yrs ago today, my beautiful wife and i said "I Do". I loved her then and i love her even more now.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
hope you guys had a great anniversary Mouse!

Had the best weekend with Rick & the kids...life is good!

Hope your day is full of smiles!!

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning ya'll,stomping and snorting around this morning trying to get the chores done this morning,get Mannie to school,feed Honkey donk(new pet)guess what it is, Confused Hum Big Grin......................take Ma to Dr.got to get to hauling some treasures,man since I stopped working,I'm wore out........................................................

Prayers for Guy,and Ma,and all our friends in need of a prayer,have a gooden,and we'll see ya'll in a bit...........................

Oh yea,Diners new cold cut menu,1st.new item,is grap a cold tater and wait,old song.........................

Hey Chuck, Wave..........................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
a donkey or a duck????? lol I've got a white rabbitt with pink eyes named Ava that has grown up soooo big, she needs to be adopted by a farming family...hint hint (the kids would not love the idea I'm sure lol)

prayers to all...(soon Chuck Wink)

Ice Cream

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Mouse, you're a lucky nam.
Michelle, hug
Mike, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I'm back safe and sound. I had a great time, the old hay hauler ran great, my buddy won the world championship, Guy is getting better, life is good.
Right off the trailer I ran 10.705 on the 11.05 index. Hmm, that's too quick. Next pass 10.847, that's still too quick. 3rd pass I ran it to 1000' and dumped, 11.080. That will work, maybe. 1st round, clicked it @ 1000', he was coming fast, hit the brakes, tried to give him the stripe, he wouldn't take it, 10.91 to his 10.96. Quack, Quack! But I had fun.
Hugs hug to all the ladies, Praying to those in need,
Praying Angel hug

Oh, hey Mike, Brian McClanahan and I were sitting in the golf cart watching Comp and Sal Biondo walked over and started talking to Brian. He looked at me, stuck his hand out and said I'm Sal Biondo. Brian said this is my buddy Floyd Staggs. Sal said, Oh, your the guy with the blue truck". How bout that, the old hay hauler has made me semi-famous. Big Grin

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Monday again... sigh... but this ain't nuthin'. As Christine posted, we lost another great guy from PRP, Tom Jones, in a car accident late Thursday night. He was only 48, always had a smile. His fiancee has a son that Tom took after like his own. Way too soon. Again. That's all I have to say about that.

Mouse, congrats on the silver anniversary, that's some good stuff. You're making me think of Alan Jackson's "I'd Love You All Over Again"

Happy birthday to Nicole's hubby, the (DRR) boss Scott. Big Grin

Susie, just think of the flight as a long car ride, that starts off as a drag race. You know, you get to the top of the lane, come down, stage, and let 'er eat! Big Grin

Sounds like a real good weekend Floyd. I knew you were famous! Big Grin

Hi Mike! Wave

It's the 8th of November, always think about the Big & Rich song, and the men it's about, like Niles Harris and Lawrence Joel.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/big-...th-of-november.jhtml

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Floyd hug & congrats to your friends!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MsFurr,

FurrRacing.com

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Awe shucks, Michelle, I get all gooey thinkin about it.
My buddies are verryyy happy. I'm proud of them and glad I was able to be there.
I'm going back in 2 weeks and run the PSCA event, just for grins and giggles.
hug

Posts: 4821 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Morning all,Floyd glad you had fun and you are famous,it's funny,sometimes you can be sitting around talking to someone at the track,and someone will walk up,and say hey are you the guy that talks on Drr all the time,and you say,naw ain't me,can't believed how many folks read this stuff,and never post,but that's cool too,and I was so happy to see your friends do good and win,I was just sitting and reading the results on sunday,and thinking,I bet Floyd is having a ball................ Party......................

Michelle,it's a Donkey,and man can he honk,thats where honky donk came from,about 4am,he'll get your attention,got to get his wake up time set,he's not a very good rooster yet,he starts way to early........ No No.............................

And Chuck,started watching the Pitts.game last night Mannie and I,and went to bed after the first Quarter,figured it was'nt going to be much of a game,hope I was right,Big Ben is a bad man,I told Mannie to be like Ben,atleast playing football, Wink Big Grin.............and the quote you made about this ain't nothing,reminds me of that country song,and I figured you where refering to it,and you are so right,sometimes we all just need reminding that life is tough on us somedays,but it ain't nothing compared to what it could be,so my new thought line is,it ain't nothing,thanks pal,and Hey Wave..........................

Ok ya'll,country ham biscuits this morning,and alot of wind,bout to blow the mini-winnie upside down,so it'll be a mini-winnie blow-over at the foot of Fancy Gap,woo hoo,big news in Cana,ya'll have a goodenn and prayers continuing for Guy,and Mom,she had another infection,so another round of antib.and prayers for all in need,catch up after bit........................ Big Grin.............................................

And Mouse happy 25 to you and the Misses,25yrs.is good,ain't met one(misses)that can put up with me that long.....................................

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
prayers for Mom & all around...have a great one gang...too much to do Tuesday...

FurrRacing.com

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post

help Chuck, why do I get ^^^^^^^ when I try to post a pic from fb?

FurrRacing.com

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
Thanks for the anniversary wishes. We had a great time together.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing