DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
Page 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 789
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Good Morning Drr" 11,000 strong and growing,stop in a say hello.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! TGIF to the nth power!!! Been a long week. Had to have a little Captain last night to take the edge off.

It was a bit brisk out there this morning, but the orb is out there again. Looking like a good weekend. Top side of the grass is a real good thing, Bob.

Hey Mike! Wave Man, I'm starting to get that racing itch with the sun out and all. Michelle texted me on her way to Commerce last night. I hope we see her name often in the round winners on DRC. I kinda wish I wasn't elbows deep in bodywork. My buddies AJ and Mikey are going to try running at Mason Dixon at the end of the month, but I have to stay focused on getting my car done. I still have a lot of work to do.

Floyd, I'm jealous you're at the March Meet. That's on my list to do someday, more than Pomona. I hope it's good racing and weather. Turn on some lamps!

Guy, every time I read your location I get hungry. Big Grin

Y'all be careful out there. It's Ice Cream Ice Cream time

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
"High Leapin' Dog!" That was the net result of my efforts yesterday! Did as I said I would, washed of golf cart. Pulled truck and trailer out after tying grandaughter's dog to a 6" pipe in the back yard that is impeded in concrete with eyelets in a tow strap and small piece of cotton rope and a snap on each end. She remained quite calm all the time I was loading the golf cart and doing my ritual of winching the car out before loading the golf cart but when I decided to start my car up she went berserk! She pulled the grommet (which the cotton rope went through and then had a knot in it)through the strap and headed toward the front of the house! No way did I figure she could get over the six foot gate or fence so after getting the car shut off and getting out I went to find her and she was gone! Hoped in my Trailblazer and started scouring the neighborhood looking for her to the south of our home. Was just about back to the house when
I got a call in my cell phone with some folks saying they had the dog (had collar with tag and my name and phone number on it) and they were located one block north and one block east of my home! Picked her up, not a scratch or anything on her but she was still nervous as
"a w h o r e in church"! Got here home and she remained nervous the rest of day but never tried to escape again. Think she was glad to see me winch the car back in the trailer and shut the door! Have a new harness and my next venture is to go to Home Depot and get me some high tensil chain rather than a strap to tie her to be better prepared next time! And yep Chuck, that made me hungry! TGIF! Eyes Busted Hum Laughing big idea Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Evening everyone.
Got the front clip off and the blown up motor out of the S10 today. It got up to 71 today, so i couldn't use the excuse that it's too cold outside. It was a gorgeous day and going to be the same tomorrow, so i'll get the new motor put in.
Chuck, NDT stands for Non Destructive Testing.
Y'all have a good evening and see ya tomorrow.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Bob j....
posted Hide Post
Good mornin all...hope you have a nice weekend...stay warm.

Mouse...NDT...just how can that happen? Eyes
everytime someone tests something of mine,it gets destroyed Hum

life is like a jalopeno,what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow

Posts: 3970 | Location: oHIo | Registered: October 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Folks,going to be a nicen here today,so lots to do,as Mouse said,I have no excuse not to get some stuff done today,maybe get to go to Farmington tomorrow,and soak up some sun,and get me a little racing excitement................... Car Big Grin.................................

Well ya'll have a gooden and be safe this weekend,and may God Bless You All....................................

WaveHey Chuck........................

PrayingPrayers all around.............................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Mike, good to see you up and around! Did you tie a string around that tooth and to a door knob and then have someone slam the door? Works every time! Yesterday was pretty uneventful compared to earlier in week. Replaced door knob and dead bolt on walk in door on garage for the first time since we bought house in 1979 and the old knob was getting sticky! Also went to nose doctor and he said scab in nose from where they poked me with the oxygen hose is now down to dime size from nickle size a month ago so progress is being made! As usual, appiontment was at 3:15, was in waiting room until 4:00 and then in his patient room for another 30 minutes or so! No need to be early for his appointments. Time to go do some farming on FB. Good to see Ma Brewer and Ms Furr on there from time to time! Hope your fields don't smell bad after I fertilize 'em! Laughing Hum Ice Cream Razz Cool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
Gotta get back out there and get the motor in the S10. My wife didn't much care for me taking up all the room in the garage. It's funny how for the 20 years we were at the other house, she never got to park in the garage, and now after being able to for a couple of months here at the new house, you would have thought here car was going to be destroyed setting outside overnight.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

Posts: 1049 | Location: Sapulpa, Ok. | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good Morning Folks,prutty morning here in the land of the free and brave,just glad to be a part of it,it being above ground..................

Funny this morning sitting here thinking of friends,that I had'nt heard from in a while,and concreteman,Marty crossed my mind,sure hope he's doing well,and there have been others that used to stop by on ocasions,and say hi,just miss hearing from them,this thread has became my little country store meeting place everyday,so when I don't hear from some,I'm just praying everythings ok,anyways I believe I'll pull up a pop crate and sit this morning and have a bottle of pop and a pack of nabs,before breakfast and ponder how good 60 degrees is going to feel today,come on in and join me friends,pops cold and the nabs are fresh.................lance nabs that is............. Big Grin...............................................

Well ya'll have a gooden and prayers to all in need,and to all on the roads traveling,be safe coming home,and God Bless all.............................. Praying.............................................

Here's a little sunday morning prayer,that I always like to share with others.......................

Dear Lord,thank you for Sundays,it's a day of rest and relaxing that you have given us,that we can catch up on sleep or catch up on family things,that are really important,and Lord thanks for this day of rest,that allows us as your children to say thanks to you for all you do for us,so maybe this day is a good reflecting day,so Lord let me say Thanks for my week of labor and pleasures that I am so Blessed to have,and now Lord I pray for the ones having problems in their life's,and for the ones in the fight of their lives,and Lord please help me to be the person,I need to be,and again Thank you for all good things...............Amen...............................................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Mornin Y'all!
Computer was broke yesterday so I couldn't get on.
First qualifier Friday the old hay hauler hooked up and ran a 10.64 @ 122, quickest it's ever gone. That's on pump gas @ 4000 lbs. Put me #5 on the Q sheet. Saturday qualifier #2 Launched harder, had a better 60 ft then went sideways right after she shifted to 2nd. Thought I broke something, nice pass, 18.21 @ 36 mph. Checked her out, did a couple of burnouts, tried the brake and everything seems to be okay. Dropped down to 11th on the sheet.
We had some rain off and on, just slowed down the show so they got to finish qualifying this morning. There is no way they are going to get the show in. If I can get by first round I might be able to go home with a smile on my face.
Y'all have a gooden, I sure am. We are eating good and having a great time. Car

Posts: 4829 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everybody.

New motor is in the in the Rodent. Just have a couple of things i have to buy, and then we will be ready to go racing again.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Sure wish you had had those headers coated Mouse! They would last you a lot longer in that wet Okie weather! Put crank trigger on the damper and you will be ready to fly! A set of Jesel Sportsman shaft rockers will make it so easy to set the valves once and leave 'em alone for a long time! Good luck this year! Supposed to be a "showery" day here today. Will believe it when I see it! Next weekend we go racing! On Saturday, the 13th will be our 45th wedding anniversary and I am gonna celebrate by racing. Sunday I will put my daughter behind the wheel and give her a long sought after chance to race! You all have a good week! not worthy Hum Eyes Ice Cream Wave Cool

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Evenin Y'all!
Happy aniversary, Guy.
I just got home from Bakersfield, Called it quits, didn't want to stay another day. But, I came home a winner. Did a personal best and won first round. Not bad for a pump gas hay hauler.
I'm tired. Y'all have a gooden.

Posts: 4829 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
Mornin all....Manic Monday is back Sleep

BB have a good day

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mouse
posted Hide Post
Morning everyone.
Monday is here, and that means another work week.
Y'all have a good one.
See ya.

Dennis "Mouse" McKee
Wild Rodent Racing

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Good Morning DRR,hope everybody had a fun and safe weekend..............
Went to the Farm yesterday,well Mannie and I went,and had a large time,seen some old friends,I had'nt seen in years and met some new one,good racing and beautiful weather,nothing like the dragway to get the blood to pumping............................. Smile..............................................

Well ya'll have a gooden and prayers to all in need and hopefully we'll see ya'll in a bit........................

WaveHey Chuck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Bob j....
posted Hide Post
Mornin all...hope all is well...supposed to be another beautiful day.I just may venture out to Wally world since I got my new handycap parking tag.It pays to not be all there...you dont have to walk as much Eyes
Have a good one... Ice Cream

life is like a jalopeno,what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow

Posts: 3970 | Location: oHIo | Registered: October 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys and Gals!!!

Hope ya'll had a great weekend!

It is supposed to be 68 today so hopefully
we get lots done. Scott got home last night
with a Budget truck and trailer full Smile

We now have everything here in TN!!

Have a great day!!

Praying hug Praying hug

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 422 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Mornin' all! Hope you all had a grand weekend. Mey Mike! Wave Sorry I missed settin' on a pop crate with you this weekend. I could go for a good cold birch beer too. 45 degrees sure felt fine in the sun. I hope Marty and the others who happen by on occasion are doing welll too. Saturday, Ed and I continued the thrash on the quarter panel. I'll post where we are once I upload the pics. About 98% of the metal work is done on the passenger side. About ready to move over to the driver's side for diasassembly. Yesterday, Doug and Kathy had a combined birthday party for the kids. Nolen is 13 months now, and a thick boy. He's holding himself up on stuff now, crawling, and I get the feeling he's going to run before he walks. He's fighting off a chest cold right now, but he had a good day. He took a nap on the most comfortable mattress in the house... Uncle Chuck! Here he is before he took in some zzz's.

Looking good, Mouse! It would be cool if you won some Nitroplate bling in the DRR Sportsman picks. That would really help the engine stand out. I hope it all goes together good for you.

Congrats on the new best, Floyd. Bummer the weather didn't let you get into the later rounds without stretching to Monday. You have the hay hauler moving nice!

Congrats on having everything in one place, Nicole! Good luck unpacking it! Big Grin

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Oops, forgot to say nice job to Michelle! 8.88, 8.91, 8.91 in the time shots for s/c at Commerce, and got her first round win on Saturday. Yesterday in Round 2, she lost 7mph coming off the stop, track was a little slick following a wreck. I say she makes 'em pay in Zmax 1 at the national event! I think I know who my s/c pick will be!

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
Glad to see everyone with a smilin' face this mornin' includin' Mike with his pop, Chuck with the young 'un and Floyd with his fastest run! If you all get a chance go on my post elsewhere on here to see how old you are gonna live to be!
Pretty interesting! It tells me I am gonna be 83 but plans are to beat my great-great grandfather who was pony express rider who lived to be 101-1/2 when he passed in 1928! Everyone oughta have an idiotic goal of some kind, don't ya think? Still damp here this mornin' after half-inch rain yesterday. We'eve already had our yearly allotment of rain but with El Nino controlling the weather we probably ain't done yet! You all have a warmer day back east and good week ahead! Wink Sleep Ice Cream not worthy Wave Cool