Find
Notify
Tools

The BIG Leagues
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Starting line games have no affect on me, stage first, stage last, flip the wheel, do whatever you want to do over in the other lane. Just stay on your side of the track.

As far as the BIG Leagues, bracket racing has been around for a long time and playing games is nothing new. I chose not to participate in then due to the tracks, track managers, promoters and sanctioning bodies turning a blind eye to safety and safety gear. If the racer in the other lane doesn't care about his safety, he surely doesn't give a **** about mine.

Safety gear helps you keep control of your vehicle in case something goes wrong (believe it or not) God forbid you have something wrong and because you weren't wearing the correct gear, now you involve me in your incident.

Until they can get some kind of tech and rules, I'll keep running for corncobs and t-shirts at my local track.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 743 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The only reason for stage lock is when the last motion is NOT forward.

Posts: 523 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
The only reason for stage lock is when the last motion is NOT forward.
No. They staged with a forward movement. After they staged the car moved back when they set the brake.

Posts: 109 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
I,m just happy to be a little fish in a large pond and ain,t done sheet and have junk azz stuff . Keep your sheet in your lane and others will stay outta yours .... Big money pffftttt...

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
If auto start gets activated The car moved forward into the beam. If auto start is triggered the car did stage. The rule book doesn't say anything about moving after the lane is staged and before the tree starts. No flickering light rule. No flipping the wheel rule.
If you think that lighting the stage bulb means you can not move...You better re-think deep staging.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1220 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You ain't staged if you have to have stage lock. Last motion was backwards.

Posts: 523 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
For the record Stage Loc was created for Pro Stock Motorcycle. Where the rider had to hold in the clutch with 1 hand and operate the throttle with the other. Stages the bike with their feet and isn't using a brake when staged and the inability to hold the bike in the perfect position without rolling backwards possibly.

Never was created for cars. Just someones wild idea it would be a good idea.

SL...

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
Back in the 90's before all these fancy new trans pumps, most people ran stock **** even in dragsters. When they would get hot, they could easily back out of the beams. I have had several different cars do it.

Stage-lock was NOT for people to play games on the starting line but to eliminate the dreaded auto red when a car would back up out of the beams of settle backward.

Quit trying to make it out like it was put into place yesterday to prevent the wheel flip, or staging duals, or anything other than what it was designed for. You guys are rediculous.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 743 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
Back in the 90's before all these fancy new trans pumps, most people ran stock **** even in dragsters. When they would get hot, they could easily back out of the beams. I have had several different cars do it.

Stage-lock was NOT for people to play games on the starting line but to eliminate the dreaded auto red when a car would back up out of the beams of settle backward.

Quit trying to make it out like it was put into place yesterday to prevent the wheel flip, or staging duals, or anything other than what it was designed for. You guys are rediculous.

A track in the midwest hosts an annual jr dragster race. Great race, but if you shallow stage a jr there, there was always a good chance of an unstaging when swapping legs. I don't know for sure what the cause was, but we stopped going to it for that reason. We weren't going to mess up his staging procedure for one race per year. They may have added stage loc since then. I don't know.
The track manager said that super pro cars would have that problem there when shallow staging as well.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6412 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Stage Loc has nothing to do with starting line games. Effects it in NO way.

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Saw a video of a guy hitting the brakes,crashing,and getting the W.
Do they have excessive braking rules at those "Big League " events?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If they keep it in their own lane all is good. If excessive braking causes a cross the centerline, or hits opponent, then it might be up for a decision.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
Saw a video of a guy hitting the brakes,crashing,and getting the W.
Do they have excessive braking rules at those "Big League " events?

I was told they can do whatever they want because it's their track.

I was told when you sign on the dotted line, you agree to this.

I was also told officials have the right to determine the winner using any fantasy story they can come up with, and by signing on the dotted line, you agree to this.

Little League

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post