New
Find
Notify
Tools

The BIG Leagues
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The big leagues are full of pot smokers, drug users and professional drinkers! Further, several of the biggest names, have NOTHING to show for their wins and late round exits because someone else is paying the tab and/or supplying the car and in some cases that’s the promoter.

That said, I’ve got the money, cars and my driver has the skills to compete in the big leagues yet I and others in the same position chose not to support certain promoters/events for all the reasons mentioned above in addition to the long rumored cheating that no promoter is doing anything about it and nobody wants to talk about that!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Let's not kid ourselves - bracket racing (even the so-called big money racing) compares to real big league racing as rec-league softball for guys over 50 compares to Major League Baseball.

Anybody seen any spectators paying money to watch this so-called big league racing? Yeah, me neither.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
Let's not kid ourselves - bracket racing (even the so-called big money racing) compares to real big league racing as rec-league softball for guys over 50 compares to Major League Baseball.

Anybody seen any spectators paying money to watch this so-called big league racing? Yeah, me neither.

And most these races are paying more than a top fuel funnycar and prostock title combined. So what does it matter if there are fans in the stands?

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hammond:
And most these races are paying more than a top fuel funnycar and prostock title combined. So what does it matter if there are fans in the stands?

And 100% of the purse at "big league bracket races" was paid by the racers themselves in entry fees and buybacks. Bracket racing (while I love it) ain't anywhere close to big league racing. Period. End-of-story.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

And 100% of the purse at "big league bracket races" was paid by the racers themselves in entry fees and buybacks. Bracket racing (while I love it) ain't anywhere close to big league racing. Period. End-of-story.

And what proof do you have that none of those sponsors aren’t kicking in a single dime?

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 60 falcon
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Wait they don't have Bracket Kings the tv show on Discovery?

sammy mathis

Posts: 67 | Location: iowa park, texas | Registered: October 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 60 falcon:
quote:
quote:

Right where only a special selected group is allowed to race with fixed outcome worse than professional wrestling.

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Sly is lost as some others, BIG money bracket racing often pays more than the actual so called PRO's...Facts. IT is bigger from payout stand points. You will NEVER see fans at a BIG money races...EVER. The fans don't pay the bills at these races...WE DO.

Ya'll have a great day!

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Jerry Kathe
posted Hide Post
Eeeeegads…so my take here on the definition of "BIG" leaguer is the depth of your pocket.....just wow....

We all have boundaries in life, when I was working full time and had the funds, I didn’t have the time. Now its just the opposite, so I guess my chance to make it in the Major leagues is out the window?

That's ok, I do what I do, because its what I choose to do....

Jerry Kathe

Posts: 138 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 60 falcon:
quote:
quote:

They will if they can up the attitude and continue to allow bad behavior. Worked for the street outlaw group.

Posts: 1471 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Scott's purdy spot on...see how defensive some can be?

While some pick and choose when they want to play the game. The game is the same as it has been for years, only difference is the stakes are so much higher. Investments are BIG, travel is ridiculously costly, and the entry is steep. People react differently to pressures present.

Whilst some want to continue to ridicule, most just want to race, be competitive, and possibly win a buck or two while doing what we all love to do which is race. Especially the ones attending these races.

If your offended by Scotts post, possibly you read it wrong and need to read it again? Seems like alot of dislike, lots of strong opinions, and possibly envy causing the problem some have with the BIG leagues. Many want to talk chit but never show up...IT'S your right as forum's provide the platform for it. Funny how argumentative many are when they have no intent of ever coming.

Meanwhile, if you do show up, you may love it or leave it...everyone has the choice to do either. Until you have actually raced for $1,000,000.00 you will never know the feeling or pressures involved.

See ya this week at the million if anyone comes out.

If directed at me, I think you got me all wrong. I even said maybe it is the big league when it comes to bracket racing. I couldn't care less what it is labeled. It simply doesn't apply to me one way or the other.

As far as ridicule and what not: Like I said, I have an opinion as does everyone else. And I will state it as I please as long as I'm not silenced. I wasn't offended by Scott's post. I'm simply asking for clarification. Giving your opinion about the way something went down at a race that you didn't attend is hardly whining. Can we start calling each other racist or snowflakes now? It was just a queer (if I can still say that) choice of words IMO. I don't know who is rediculing anyone. It's almost universal across the racing sites that the Hunter situation could and should have been handled differently. And most agree with the NHRA sanction handed down. If we are going to call every opinion that is different from our own "whining", then well damn we can rename the internet!
Hell it seems like there is whining about people stating their opinions now. Whining about calling our the lack of response to the Hunter situation. Whining about anyone calling anything about these big money races unsavory. If you are going to race these things, you might want to add thicker skin to the list of things needed.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6416 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have the best governor locked in for 3 years.

Think so? The presidentials are only 2 yrs. away and he will be present and accounted for. He is a professional politician.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2338 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
In an attempt to change the handle from Big money* to Big league. This thread came about.

Money making expedition.

"Never let a good crisis go to waste" - Democrats

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
HELL take out the SUGA DADDYS…and CREDIT CARDS….there will be ZERO BIG LEAGUES…..

whomper is dead on egg right here.

no offense to anyone who is a Big Leaguer as i am a little leaguer. but not bragging at all so please don't misunderstand what i am about to say but my math question is to the big leagers. i know what i spent this year little league racing and i know how much i won little league racing. i know my round win/loss record for the year. i will put my win $ vs my spend $ ratio against 99% of the big leaguer ratio all day every day. and not sure that i saw the OP gracing very many big money winner circle pics.

granted no one made big leagers spend or go. but also no one made the little leagers not go. to me at the end of the day we all race where we want. i am smart enough to do the math on the big league and soon the OP will to. maybe he is just slower at learning math than little leaguers. i don't hate on anyone who wants to spend their money as it does not matter to me. but please do not insult me by saying i am not smart enough to understand high pressure situations as i have been in a few of these over the years. they may have not been for 500k but to me world championship and divisional points battles are priceless. so the dollar figure is a moot point.

you do you and we will do us. you keep taking it in the azz with the wheel flip and pot smokers and i will keep doing what i do.

Ed Pauley-ep

Posts: 767 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
clapping

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
Might see you at Piedmont Fern if I'm allowed. I'm not sure who to ask if I can attend?

Of course you are allowed! (unless you're trying to race a motorcycle or center-steer altered/dragster, as our November specialty events are for door cars and left-steer roadsters only.) Wink

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5736 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The big money moniker is more accurate.

High stakes bracket racing is good too.

For the record, I know all these guys pauley, you nor 1320 do apparently.

They don't do drugs. Some drink after the races, none during the race. There's nothing wrong with it.

They all make way more money than you do drag racing, 10% or more deals with each other.

The velocity of money is much greater big money racing.

You two are speculating.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:

And what proof do you have that none of those sponsors aren’t kicking in a single dime?

The local pizza joint will kick in a few $$$ for jerseys for the over-50 rec league softball team too.

Mike

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
If anyone's insulted your clearly defensive... HMMMM

If you felt a post was directed at you... please, its ok to disagree.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Mickey, you don’t know shyt and ain’t ever done shyt outside your duck pound, no mind raced for $10k and more with your POS.