Find
Notify
Tools

The BIG Leagues
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
You keep thinking that….

Posts: 1261 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
One of the pro stocker got throwed out the next day cuz as you say he was a professional drinker….

Posts: 1261 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Big league with no umpires or league.

Posts: 1468 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
You keep thinking that….[/QUOTE

Whomp knows]

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Correct my curiosity but...I dont think anyone who has won any actual million dollar event,has actually recieved 1 million dollars...But i am almost certain that promoters at several of these events have cleared 1 million in profit.

So my feeling is the REAL big leaguers are actually the promoters of such events.

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
Correct my curiosity but...I dont think anyone who has won any actual million dollar event,has actually recieved 1 million dollars...But i am almost certain that promoters at several of these events have cleared 1 million in profit.

So my feeling is the REAL big leaguers are actually the promoters of such events.

No one is clearing a million in profit at one of those events. Not even close.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5735 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
What Ed and EP said.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

I know for a fact that at one of the big ones..house cars got deep in the money and fed a good amount back to promoters because they where entered and recieved buybacks for free in return for winning percentages

Posts: 1425 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I know for a fact that at one of the big ones..house cars got deep in the money and fed a good amount back to promoters because they where entered and recieved buybacks for free in return for winning percentages
Not even close to a million though…

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Sounds like good business to me.

Any of those house cars cheat the racing?
Any of the house winners complain about their payday?

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1676 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

No question that the big winners are the promoters.

That said, none of the millions have paid a million because none have met the minimum number of entries for that payout and if one ever does, the winner won’t take home 500,000 with the splits going back to at least 32 cars.

Back to the pot smoking, legal and illegal drug use and drinking by some of these big leaguers, perpetual round of 16 players and winners of these big $ races hosted by some promoters and well known by many racers competing at these events including Scott, happy birthday and Chris as well spoken about by Luke and Jed last year on their podcast, is not something I condone nor want to be a part and I dam sure ain’t putting my son snd my cars on the track with that element in the other lane no matter how much money is up for grabs. I wasn’t a pot head in high school, drink socially, 2 beers or ****tails max, never took illegal drugs, don’t like taking prescription drugs for medical issues, never been arrested for DUI and never will “accidentally” overdose.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Jerry Kathe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:

No offense ment, and no offense taken. Opinions are fine, I just thought I'd give you mine on what I see at ground level at the races I attend.

Oh and today's my BD... go easy on an old feller.

SL...

Happy belated BD!!!
I can appreciate the fortitude to voice your opinion (and why not – its your board), as we know everyone has one, but not that many are willing to offer it. Intimidated by a little intellectual exchange maybe (?), too cool possibly (?) doesn’t really matter….it’s a chat forum, obviously voicing opinions and engaging in conversation are the basis of their purpose and existence.

Your analogy using baseball and the explanation for using that does make perfect sense in comparison, but I would certainly caution on using it for behavioral justification….

I would lean more towards the definition of “Big Leagues” as a bye product of “accomplishment” and not simply being blessed with “opportunity”.
Life is full of “pressure” and real winners will always prevail without handicapping that.

Just another "opinion".... Wink

Jerry Kathe

Posts: 138 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

I stand corrected...actual numbers the house cars fed back 140k to the promoter putting his profit at right about 500,000

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:

No question that the big winners are the promoters.

That said, none of the millions have paid a million because none have met the minimum number of entries for that payout and if one ever does, the winner won’t take home 500,000 with the splits going back to at least 32 cars.

Back to the pot smoking, legal and illegal drug use and drinking by some of these big leaguers, perpetual round of 16 players and winners of these big $ races hosted by some promoters and well known by many racers competing at these events including Scott, happy birthday and Chris as well spoken about by Luke and Jed last year on their podcast, is not something I condone nor want to be a part and I dam sure ain’t putting my son snd my cars on the track with that element in the other lane no matter how much money is up for grabs. I wasn’t a pot head in high school, drink socially, 2 beers or ****tails max, never took illegal drugs, don’t like taking prescription drugs for medical issues, never been arrested for DUI and never will “accidentally” overdose.

You’re delusional if you think that same stuff isn’t happening at nationals and divisionals.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I stand corrected...actual numbers the house cars fed back 140k to the promoter putting his profit at right about 500,000

Who were these house cars and which race did that happen?

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I’ve competed at many NHRA divisional and national events and have yet to smell the stench of pot coming from a competitors trailer/pit during the event. I have also not witnessed any competitors in the lanes obviously stone, drunk nor under the influence of some illegal or legal drug nor have I witnessed a competitor in the winners circle glassy eyed and pupils dilated.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 60 falcon:
At the Memphis million last year a buddy of mine was paying his tab when one of the "big leaguers" was paying theirs and it was $19,000 I just can't wrap my brain around that.

Wonder what the breakdown of that total was.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Everybody wants to think THEY are a baller.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who were these house cars and which race did that happen?

Gage burk

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Drugs and medicine are opposites.

Medicine restores the body and mind to normalcy.

Alcohol is a drug which impairs body and mind function, as example.

Marijuana is a medicine if prescribed by a doctor.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post