New
Find
Notify
Tools

The BIG Leagues
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Give me a break! Didn't a little leaguer show up at the Vegas Fling on an open trailer with an entry he won and win the whole thing? Then depart that venue for the Alabama million and win that to with a door car no less. So much for the big leagues.

Posts: 6215 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
HELL take out the SUGA DADDYS…and CREDIT CARDS….there will be ZERO BIG LEAGUES…..

Posts: 1262 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Come on guys!

All hail the elect, self anointed self appointed!!

Let's go Brandonton! Roll Eyes

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Fern,
Verdi's a Big Leaguer now. He can do what he wants because he is accepted in Scotts click.

No offense to Jeff. Seems like a good guy.

You do realize that he was winning pretty well local to his home track.

Might see you at Piedmont Fern if I'm allowed. I'm not sure who to ask if I can attend?

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The patricians may find it offensive but oh well, If I report witnessing many commoners with 15 thousandths total packs in Super Pro Saturday night in Orlando, and we were only racing for $2750. Roll Eyes

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike,
You are lucky to racing for $2750 to win. None of the tracks around my area pay that much for a weekly deal. One track stopped bracket racing and the others don't get the car count.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 60 falcon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
The patricians may find it offensive but oh well, If I report witnessing many commoners with 15 thousandths total packs in Super Pro Saturday night in Orlando, and we were only racing for $2750. Roll Eyes

A buddy had .009 total laid down on him in Oklahoma running for 4 grand he was .01 total for the loss in a dragster he built himself from the ground up, what does that make him double A? Big Grin

sammy mathis

Posts: 67 | Location: iowa park, texas | Registered: October 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I had a great time over there, didn't get mad at anyone but myself when I didn't pay attention closing the door on my seatbelt latch, chipping the new paint on my rocker panel. It didn't even bother me in the least when they kicked me out second round. I was so pleased with my 6.39 or slower mindshaft tune off the trailer, how could I be mad? When that's what I was there to test.

I was happy for the facility packing em in for the jet dragster show. Those people do a helluva job. Nice people.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 60 falcon:
quote:

A buddy had .009 total laid down on him in Oklahoma running for 4 grand he was .01 total for the loss in a dragster he built himself from the ground up, what does that make him double A? Big Grin

LOL!!

That's big league ball, in reality.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
Mike,
You are lucky to racing for $2750 to win. None of the tracks around my area pay that much for a weekly deal. One track stopped bracket racing and the others don't get the car count.

That was sarcasm. You're 1000% right.

That's why I'm there every time they open the gate rain or shine, upset stomach, no upset stomach.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The patricians may find it offensive but oh well, If I report witnessing many commoners with 15 thousandths total packs in Super Pro Saturday night in Orlando, and we were only racing for $2750.

That’s a good paying local event Mike. I bet there could have possibly been a split in the finals as well.

In the Big Leagues at $20k -50k I’ve been told and have witnessed no splitting.

Posts: 2478 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
The patricians may find it offensive but oh well, If I report witnessing many commoners with 15 thousandths total packs in Super Pro Saturday night in Orlando, and we were only racing for $2750.

That’s a good paying local event Mike. I bet there could have possibly been a split in the finals as well.

In the Big Leagues at $20k -50k I’ve been told and have witnessed no splitting.

It is, dynamite track too. UHHHH split? Dunno, it isa little top heavy, but no complaints in that regard from me, I get it. I lost at 4, got $200.

I think it's $800 to runner up. I'd take $200 off the top no sweat, even if I didn't know aguy, just as a friendly gesture, fora even $1000.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike,

Time to pack up and move your show to Orlando. Plenty of work in Orlando. Killer, killer track. The smoothest you've ever been down guaranteed.

Strong Pro class too, highly contested.

Those guys are at each others throats, I hear em out there ripping on each other, after the stripe all the time, before too.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We have the best governor too, Freedom.

Come on down, we need all the Americans we can get.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
When my local track was run properly, they used to have a gamblers race on Tuesday night. $40 to enter. $20 went to the track and $20 went to the pot.
The winner got $10 x the amount of entries to the race. There was over 80 cars at times. They paid once 8 cars or less. They also had a points championship at no cost.

There were plenty of tight packages there as well of .1xx lights.
But it was fun racing. Win or lose.
I'm not going to race it with a $200,000+ operation but I will with my pu truck, open trailer and my 11 second turd. The same turd that I'll enter a $100,000 to race with.

I'd be lucky to get $2000 for my Chevelle TK.

Rant over. For now!

Edit: I don't like working anymore Mike. I'd like to leave NJ but I have a young son with my ex. I did look at property at Clearwater beach a few years ago. I wish I pulled the trigger. I really like Clearwater beach area and try to go once a year.
I haven't been because of Covid bull crap.
For anyone going there, the Hyatt regency is awesome!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M120,

Cool

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
When my local track was run properly, they used to have a gamblers race on Tuesday night. $40 to enter. $20 went to the track and $20 went to the pot.
The winner got $10 x the amount of entries to the race. There was over 80 cars at times. They paid once 8 cars or less. They also had a points championship at no cost.

There were plenty of tight packages there as well of .1xx lights.
But it was fun racing. Win or lose.
I'm not going to race it with a $200,000+ operation but I will with my pu truck, open trailer and my 11 second turd. The same turd that I'll enter a $100,000 to race with.

I'd be lucky to get $2000 for my Chevelle TK.

Rant over. For now!

Orlando still has gambler races, I think they test n tune Thursday night. I saw a gambler race on FB, on a Thursday night, the local speed shop put it on.

Come on down ahead of the crowd, if this thing keeps going south, Florida will be the last drag racing anyway, just like last year.

We have the best governor locked in for 3 years. Freedom.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Honestly This post says it all to me. Your so called big Leagues or your little click is like high school crap. You don't have enough money to be in our click (big leagues) So you go play with the other folks on the other side of the tracks.

I can tell you rite now. Just because someone can afford to race the big dollar races doesn't make them a better racer. They just have more money or better backing than most racers. The biggest difference is the Big Leagues has more shots to win it.

Attitudes like that is what's going to kill big dollar!!

Posts: 114 | Location: ky | Registered: April 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
Is worth noting there is no genuine "Big League", only maybe self percieved elite wannabes with deep pocket sources. More racing, better equipment, practice, skill and understanding along with multiple entries improves odds. How much you want to invest?

The long discussion seemed to me a question as to how much "rudeness" promoters will accept at a big money event. Yes, us percieved "little leagers" may not always go to big payout events but are curious if any real rules apply or is it anything goes? I race for fun/competition. I actually enjoy going to track to try and be competitive. I did little other than save buyback money this weekend in both classes, which is a small victory for me.

I have considered buying a "real race car" and running some of these high end events. I wish one of the grandsons were ready to drive.

Otherwise the initial post seems more a divisive caste attempt.

I am a "little leager" by your definition and do not think positively of this thread. I want to win as bad as anybody but will never embarass or dishonor family there has to be limits otherwise total chaos will ensue.

Posts: 3079 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I'm just waiting for Scott to explain what whining is and for that matter hatting on fellow racers.

It offends me none if the big money races are considered the "Big Leagues". One could certainly look at it that way. Big time and money commitment. Considerable amount of tight packages and refined racing strategy. I'm not inclined to invest the time and money into traveling to a race that will likely run til the wee hours of the morning, in a series that is getting to be known for some unsavory behavior. The gamble to hit the big money really isn't a draw for me.

That said, I can have an opinion about the behaviors, rules and enforcement just like anyone else. And unless Scott flips the switch to turn me off, I will state my opinion as I wish. I have nothing to whine about, and that simply an inflammatory label. Now if we are just whoring up posts/clicks, well done.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6413 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Scott's purdy spot on...see how defensive some can be?

While some pick and choose when they want to play the game. The game is the same as it has been for years, only difference is the stakes are so much higher. Investments are BIG, travel is ridiculously costly, and the entry is steep. People react differently to pressures present.

Whilst some want to continue to ridicule, most just want to race, be competitive, and possibly win a buck or two while doing what we all love to do which is race. Especially the ones attending these races.

If your offended by Scotts post, possibly you read it wrong and need to read it again? Seems like alot of dislike, lots of strong opinions, and possibly envy causing the problem some have with the BIG leagues. Many want to talk chit but never show up...IT'S your right as forum's provide the platform for it. Funny how argumentative many are when they have no intent of ever coming.

Meanwhile, if you do show up, you may love it or leave it...everyone has the choice to do either. Until you have actually raced for $1,000,000.00 you will never know the feeling or pressures involved.

See ya this week at the million if anyone comes out.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post