Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinChicken:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
If they don't pull the plug next week, I'd be heading to Ohio the following week but it ain't going to matter if they pull the plug, because there will be no champions this year. I assume accumulated 2019 grade points will carry over to 2021.

He don't know jack. Just a big blowhard that likes to take credit for rumors.

So are they or are they not going to pull the plug? I thought you knew?

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
As if 2020 couldn't be any stranger,John Force is silent.

Didn't everyone expect a long winded explanation by now?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Forces lawyers, his sponsors lawyers and the NHRA lawyers have to get their statements coordinated, that takes time.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
New England Journal of Medicine says wearing masks in public is stupid
Posted onMAY 28, 2020
Science!

A virus is so small, it sails right through cloth masks, not to mention around the sides of masks, not to mention into your eyes. The only good a mask can do, if you are highly symptomatic, is to stop your own cootie boogies from flying out of your face onto other people. Which is why sick people should stay home.

Here is the straight skinny, from an article first published last month, that is miraculously still available online. Thank you, Michael Klompas, M.D., M.P.H., Charles A. Morris, M.D., M.P.H., Julia Sinclair, M.B.A., Madelyn Pearson, D.N.P., R.N., and Erica S. Shenoy, M.D., Ph.D.

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.”

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
No official word YET on Force pulling the plug on the 2020 season. However, there will be NO Force cars at this weeks race in Indy. None have entered. It will be interesting to see how many teams do show up.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Indy paper says Force team is sitting out with no comment.

https://www.indystar.com/story...anapolis/5390544002/

Posts: 321 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: October 24, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
Personally I don't see them pulling the plug on the divisional races unless the tracks get shut down again but you never know, the next 30 days will be key to what's going to happen.

Exactly Steve. Sportsman Racing for the most part funds itself, it will save NHRA. We can hope they don’t shut us down but you never know what the Counties here will do. We are racing next week Sonoma.

You better hurry up and get that race ran before your nut case of a governor changes his mind and shuts the track down. I hear all your restaurants are closed again for dine in.

I am a bit nervous about the D5 double in Topeka Kansas in a couple weeks. I saw today that the state shut down a huge car show that was scheduled in Salinas Ka. next week.

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Forces lawyers, his sponsors lawyers and the NHRA lawyers have to get their statements coordinated, that takes time.

What the hell are you talking about? Lawyers? bull sh$t. Simple race decision.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:
Personally I don't see them pulling the plug on the divisional races unless the tracks get shut down again but you never know, the next 30 days will be key to what's going to happen.

Exactly Steve. Sportsman Racing for the most part funds itself, it will save NHRA. We can hope they don’t shut us down but you never know what the Counties here will do. We are racing next week Sonoma.

You better hurry up and get that race ran before your nut case of a governor changes his mind and shuts the track down. I hear all your restaurants are closed again for dine in.

I am a bit nervous about the D5 double in Topeka Kansas in a couple weeks. I saw today that the state shut down a huge car show that was scheduled in Salinas Ka. next week.

You mean; Ca President Newsome..?? I know... as racers I think we can do a good job of policing ourselves. I hope.. Some are not coming because of a simple mask.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some are not coming because of a simple mask.

It's called first principles.

First principles come first, before anything including drag racing.

Also known as cajones.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
You are funny Mike. Some groups thrive on Greek Philosophers...
Thales of Miletus come to mind?
Laughing Hard

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4505 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The Pro Teams are parking, John Force Racing is not entered and still no statement from the NHRA or Force. Busy times for their PR people and lawyers preparing their carefully crafted and aligned statements for the sponsors and fans which no doubt are coming soon.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thales got it right Barry, spot on! Is it possible that he was also in to Drag Racing?

Bob

Posts: 3084 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
I personally wouldn't mind a few races without force. Its well beyond time for some new faces to get the much needed media exposure

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Without Force, the NHRA wouldn't have survived the last millennium.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Pro Teams are parking, John Force Racing is not entered and still no statement from the NHRA or Force. Busy times for their PR people and lawyers preparing their carefully crafted and aligned statements for the sponsors and fans which no doubt are coming soon.

I have to agree 100%

This is a statement neither wants to release but have to at some point very soon

Posts: 2432 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
If Force is parked the NHRA Mello Yello season is looking grim, even with Schumacher and Cory Mac coming back.

Bob

Posts: 3084 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No, "if" he's parked for the season. Now the only question that remains to be answered is does the NHRA continue the season without him or pull the plug. I say they are pulling the plug. If not after this weekend, then after next and I mean pulling the plug for all, pros and sportsmen.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
There it is, folks. The oracle has spoken.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
grumpy old irrelevant man ^^^^

What part of the TRUTH and the FACTS don't you like? NahNahTounge

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,