New
Find
Notify
Tools

Breaking News
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
doesn't matter what races currently show them as entered, they are DONE for 2020!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
fyi, yesterday when I looked at the entries for next week's national at Indy, Force's cars were still entered. Well not no more Wink Matter of fact John Force Racing is not entered for any of the remaining races this season.

The big announcement is coming soon, the PR and legal teams of both the NHRA and John Force Racing are close to having the statements aligned.

"When you read it on NHRA's and/or Force's website, remember you read it/heard and from 1320racer first."
"Matter of fact John Force Racing is not entered for any of the remaining races this season."

Im just basically saying what you said! You said you looked and they were not entered, BUT in fact they still are as of right now and also the other day when you posted. Now if they fall off from this point forward we will have to see. BUT you were talking out of your azz and it was just showed to everyone on this board, again!

Posts: 611 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yep thats what he said. I see NHRA bringing all classes down to 1000ft and events will be 2 to 3 days in the coming years. You heard it here first!! My NHRA spies told me.

Posts: 248 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I agree with SmokinChicken.

I would not be surprised to see NHRA shorten the distance to 1000 feet for everyone. They would probably site Insurance as the primary reason plus not having to set up two additional sets of clocks. That additional 320 feet of breaking area would help at some facilities. The two or three day event schedule makes sense but along with that there might be a gate fee increase.

Now before anyone gets their panties in a wad, I'm not petitioning NHRA to change, just stating what I can believe they could do. So please, save the flaming arrows for something important.

Bob

Posts: 3157 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Bob,
I'm sure Ed will pop up with an opinion on this. Remember, he has a direct pipeline to the NHRA.
Laughing Hard

Posts: 4825 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Nah I don’t think 1k is the issue or the answer.
If they do I’m done. It’s one more “change" that has no bearing. That equates to running off customer base. No no no... Wrong
As for John.. if there hasn’t been a response by now.. doubt if there will and Is it needed? No.. Obvious they can make it with any top ten pullout. And the band played on...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4599 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Given the current pandemic situation nothing NHRA does would surprise me. They are probably hurting financially just like a lot of other small businesses, companies and corporations in America. Cutting expenses anywhere they can to survive means just that....anywhere. It's all just speculation and guessing at this point.

I'm just like you Barry, going to 1000 feet isn't going to inspire me to go to more events. However all the High Dollar Bracket events are being run at 660 feet.

ps: When are you guys leaving for Sonoma?

Bob

Everything comes to pass, nothing comes to stay.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RPROGAS,

Posts: 3157 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1176 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
Given the current pandemic situation nothing NHRA does would surprise me. They are probably hurting financially just like a lot of other small businesses, companies and corporations in America. Cutting expenses anywhere they can to survive means just that....anywhere. It's all just speculation and guessing at this point.

I'm just like you Barry, going to 1000 feet isn't going to inspire me to go to more events. However all the High Dollar Bracket events are being run at 660 feet.

ps: When are you guys leaving for Sonoma?

Bob

Everything comes to pass, nothing comes to stay.

There now Bob. Testing Wed -big motor then Q1-2,Thursday and race Friday, q1-2 Sat, race Sunday. Didn’t get cometic in time for Stocker..

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4599 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
3 days since the last national event, 2 days until the start of the next national event, 12 days since confirmed by NHRA officials and still no official announcement by the NHRA that John Force Racing is sitting out the rest of the season. Surely they are in panic mode and pulling out all the stops in an effort to get John Force Racing back out on the track. Without him, few fans have any interest in the NHRA Mellow Yellow Drag Racing Series.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I don't know how credible they are,but there is a page on Facebook called Quarter Mile Media.
They posted that they heard this weekend's event at Indy was canceled.
I guess we will see.Probably just a rumor,but many rumors later prove to be true.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:

The same can be said about race gas. The price has not dropped a penny. But to be honest I don’t feel bad for the nitro teams. I’ve said this for a long time at some point you price yourself right out of business. NHRA stole purse money from the prostock class a few years ago and screwed them over. NHRA hasn’t raised the purses in the sportsman classes in god knows how long. NHRA has ruined the contingency program with all of their stupid rules. Where does it end. NHRA use to rival NASCAR as far as fan attendance. Now look who can survive with fans in the stands and who can’t. NHRA won’t make any changes until it’s to late. Which sadly that day has probably passed.

Posts: 440 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
unless the state is shutting them down for this weekend, my guess is IF the the NHRA is pulling the plug it will be announced after this weekend's race.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
the entire podcast is good but it's all about Force starting at 53:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...Wv8&feature=emb_logo

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Come on Force it's just a mask! It's for the greater good!

Give up, don't think, don't fight it! it's for the greater good!

Come on Comrade!

https://youtu.be/yPuyPocDLC0

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Force said no thanks! let me know when ya'll wanna start acting like Americans again.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
NHRA will pull the plug on the season before the end of July and quite possibly after this weekend. They have no choice, they are a major corporation with a board of directors and sponsors. They will do what is politically and socially correct. The fact that Force has parked his teams for the season due to losing major sponsors on at least 2 cars, only makes the decision for the NHRA board easier.

"When you read it on NHRA's and/or Force's website, remember you read it/heard and from 1320racer first. Big Grin Razz"
"My source was not the internet rumor mill, my source is none other than those in the know, the NHRA!"

Uh, huh.

Posts: 611 | Location: Da Swamp!!!! | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Da Shoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
The likely hood of the entire season being cancelled continues...

http://www.nhradiv1.com/conten...leid=71900&zoneid=12

https://www.nhra.com/news/2020...racing-series-events

I predict one day that there will an earthquake somewhere in the world. You heard it here first, my info comes from a talking fault line.
So your post just keep changing from the original info you posted LOL. Azz Clwn

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
says an a s s h o l e^^^

My original Breaking News stands...

John Force Racing has pulled the plug for this season.